Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest location in Texas to get a rack from?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest location in Texas to get a rack from?

We are looking for a rack to get. I know because of cheaper power it is the cheapest location to get colo in the US. My question is who is the cheapest colo provider over there?

Thanks

Comments

• toshosttoshost Member, Host Rep

@Psychz_jason I hope he can help.

• MrRadicMrRadic Member, Host Rep, Veteran

Cheap and rack is getting to be a hard combination lately.

• bootboot Member

@Yakooza said:
    We are looking for a rack to get. I know because of cheaper power it is the cheapest location to get colo in the US. My question is who is the cheapest colo provider over there?

Thanks

Prout Advanced Systems

• conceptconcept Member

I think @DataIdeas-Josh can help you with this.

Thanked by 1DataIdeas-Josh
  • nohavpsnohavps Member, Patron Provider

@Hivelocity They have it in Dallas, the people who are in the data center are very friendly and offer a good, professional service.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@jordi said:
    @Hivelocity They have it in Dallas, the people who are in the data center are very friendly and offer a good, professional service.

They are probably far over his "cheapest" request.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@Yakooza said:

Thanks

Depends on what you are truly looking for.
    We provide colo here in Texas.

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 17

I will say that it's not the cheapest; we've recently been getting quotes in the area and you could probably find far cheaper quotes in some other locations.

I would expand your range and contact smaller (independent) facilities if you're just looking for whatever is the cheapest. TRG Datacenters in Houston was pretty decent, NOCIX in Kansas City is also a fairly cheap facility, and there are a few others.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@Advin said: TRG Datacenters in Houston

That is where we are.
    But @Yakooza if you want send us a pm or we have a discord as well (link in signature) and let us know what exactly you looking for.

• HivelocityHivelocity Member, Patron Provider

@MikeA said:

@jordi said:

They are probably far over his "cheapest" request.

You never know. We have servers from $49.

• wdmgwdmg Member, LIR
    edited June 17

@Yakooza said:

Thanks

Digital Realty goes as low as $560/m if you’re willing to accept being just outside of Dallas.

• OhJohnOhJohn Member

@Hivelocity said: You never know. We have servers from $49.

That no one is buying as they do not want to put in an email address to see the cart. (This is also for other providers that do ask for a login to see any products to buy.)

Let the people first see the cart, and if that cart makes them happy, you will get the email (and all the other client data) and a new client...

edited June 17

@OhJohn said:

@Hivelocity said: You never know. We have servers from $49.

That no one is buying as they do not want to put in an email address to see the cart. (This is also for other providers that do ask for a login to see any products to buy.)

Let the people first see the cart, and if that cart makes them happy, you will get the email (and all the other client data) and a new client...

You do not need to give us your email address to see the cart. https://store.hivelocity.net/product/487/customize
    Also, we sell about 800 servers every month.

• OhJohnOhJohn Member
    edited June 17

@Hivelocity

This modal is popping up if you click "add to cart" (e.g. on that $49 server from your example):

To provide you with the best possible checkout experience, please enter your email address to add this device to your cart.

You are right, not to view a cart but to add a product to cart.

• oplinkoplink Member, Patron Provider

@Yakooza said:

Thanks

How many servers are you looking to COLO?
    Size? How many 1u/2u etc

@OhJohn said:
    @Hivelocity

This modal is popping up if you click "add to cart" (e.g. on that $49 server from your example):

> To provide you with the best possible checkout experience, please enter your email address to add this device to your cart. >

You are right, not to view a cart but to add a product to cart.

I couldn't find a rolling eyes emoji.

Thanked by 1Frameworks
  • YakoozaYakooza Member

@oplink said:

@Yakooza said:

Thanks

How many servers are you looking to COLO?
    Size? How many 1u/2u etc

We are looking for a full rack to put 30ish Ryzen servers.

• NexeonNexeon Member, Patron Provider

What sort of power config? Uplink/bandwidth?