Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In search of Dedicated Server. EU only. NVMe+HDD. 10 Gbit/s
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

In search of Dedicated Server. EU only. NVMe+HDD. 10 Gbit/s

ZinTaxZinTax Member
edited June 15 in Requests

Hi guys,

I'm new here and hoping you can help me find a good provider deal.

Currently I'm considering 2 deals I found.
1) E-2236 / 32 GB RAM / 2 x 512 GB NVMe + 2 x 4 TB HDD / 10 Gbps. Down. 500 Mbit/s Up. Unmetered / 88 EUR/m
2) Ryzen 7 7900 / 64 GB RAM / 2 x 4 TB NVMe + 2 x 4 TB SSD / 10 Gbps. 100 TB / 170 EUR/m
3) E-2276G / 64 GB RAM / 2 x 512 NVMe + 2 x 10 TB HDD / 10 Gbps. 50 TB / 150 EUR/m

These are good deals, but the problem with (1) is that I need at least 2 x 8TB HDDs, while (2) is slightly over my budget. The (3) is really worth it, but I want to explore more options and see what vendors can offer me.

Here's what I'm looking for:

CPU: Something like E-22XX, E-23XX, 5600(X), 7600(X); iGPU would be a big plus; I don't need big core count;
RAM: 64GB preferred;
NVMe: 2 x 512 NVMe minimum;
HDD: 2 x 8 TB HDD minimum;
Network: 10 Gbps. 50-100 TB;
Budget: See above;
Payment: Monthly only; Can accept setup fee (in reasonable range) or commitment;
Setup: Preferably within 48 hours;

Can't accept:

1) Old hardware, like E5;
2) VPS/VDS; Looking for dedicated solution only;
3) Any region outside EU;
4) Non NVMe SSD; Basic SSD's won't work;
5) 1 Gbit/s network;
6) Less than 16TB in RAID-0 for storage (HDD);
7) Unreasonable delivery times;

Servers can be delivered without HDD's initially to speed up the process of delivering server. They can be inserted during the week. It will not affect my initial setup.

I was considering Hetzner but their AX42 does not support 10Gb/s with all my upgrades, there are no free pci slots.

Comments

• lukast__lukast__ Member

@dataforest @layer7
    And BTW, what is 10 Gbps up and 500 Mbps down on the first server? Never seen something like that, usually the downlink is used far less and therefore has much more free capacity.

• ZinTaxZinTax Member
    edited June 15

@lukast__ said:
    @dataforest @layer7
    And BTW, what is 10 Gbps up and 500 Mbps down on the first server? Never seen something like that, usually the downlink is used far less and therefore has much more free capacity.

Thank you. I corrected that part, mistyped.

I would rather not work with layer7, had some problems in the past. Would not like to highlight them. Just personal experience.

• sh97sh97 Member, Host Rep

Tagging @v3ng / v6node, might be able to help with this

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited June 15

You are searching for best deal, so maybe Hetzner dedi from auction instead of standard offer? for example

You get 1Gbit unmetered, so you can use 330TB, but if you need more than 1Gbit then 10Gbit Addon costs 40euro/mo with 20TB incl. so its not such great deal anymore
    https://docs.hetzner.com/robot/dedicated-server/network/10g-uplink/

If you need more NVMe/HDD there is plenty of other auction servers that will work with 10Gbit addon while giving you plenty of disks.

• ZinTaxZinTax Member

Thanks @AXYZE, but as I mentioned I need redundancy on NVMe, so 2 of them are a must. I've also contacted Hetzner about this , but they told me that the servers I'm interested in can't be configured with 10 Gbps.

• @ZinTax said:
    Thanks @AXYZE, but as I mentioned I need redundancy on NVMe, so 2 of them are a must. I've also contacted Hetzner about this , but they told me that the servers I'm interested in can't be configured with 10 Gbps.

Hostingbydesign might suite you.

• ZinTaxZinTax Member

@TheDrunkenDribbler said:

@ZinTax said:

Hostingbydesign might suite you.

Thanks, but Leaseweb do not do dual NVMe due to chassis limits. Unless it's EPYC.

• zGatozGato Member

Tagging @AlbaHost to see if they can do a custom quote for you. They're on 3 EU locations and I have a VPS in all of them, they've all been working flawlessly for almost a year already :)

Thanked by 1AlbaHost
  • zqxinranzqxinran Member

https://my.hostingby.design/aff.php?aff=934

This is a reseller of servers, known as HBD for short. They offer a wide variety of dedicated servers from Leaseweb Netherlands. As far as I know, no other company can match their cost-performance ratio. Even if you see that some specific models are out of stock, don't worry. You can submit a sales request ticket and inquire if they will have stock soon. You can even request them to assemble a custom-configured dedicated server for you. Hope this helps.

• ZinTaxZinTax Member

@zqxinran said:
    https://my.hostingby.design/aff.php?aff=934

This is a reseller of servers, known as HBD for short. They offer a wide variety of dedicated servers from Leaseweb Netherlands. As far as I know, no other company can match their cost-performance ratio. Even if you see that some specific models are out of stock, don't worry. You can submit a sales request ticket and inquire if they will have stock soon. You can even request them to assemble a custom-configured dedicated server for you. Hope this helps.

AI?

Please at least read comments before posting.

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep
    edited June 15

Thank you for the mention @zGato .

@ZinTax if The Netherlands location would work for you, please let me know.

Cheers.

• ZinTaxZinTax Member

@AlbaHost said:
    Thank you for the mention @zGato .

@ZinTax if The Netherlands location would work for you, please let me know.

Cheers.

Hey @AlbaHost, yeah, everything inside EU does work :)

@v3ng Would also like to know if something could be done from your end.

• ThinVpsThinVps Member

Google andy10gbit, join his discord, im sure he can come up with something, for better prices than you found already.

• ZinTaxZinTax Member

@ThinVps said:
    Google andy10gbit, join his discord, im sure he can come up with something, for better prices than you found already.

Again, Leaseweb.
    a) Delivery time 5 days
    b) I've already mentioned 2 times about LW. Please, for the sake, read comments, or at least look with 1 eye on them. LW does not supports 2 x NVMe drives, unless it's EPYC.

• ThinVpsThinVps Member

@ZinTax said:

@ThinVps said:

Again, Leaseweb.
    a) Delivery time 5 days
    b) I've already mentioned 2 times about LW. Please, for the sake, read comments, or at least look with 1 eye on them. LW does not supports 2 x NVMe drives, unless it's EPYC.

He has OVH, so please for the sake, first check, then complain.

• ZinTaxZinTax Member

@ThinVps said:

@ZinTax said:

@ThinVps said:

Again, Leaseweb.
    a) Delivery time 5 days

OVH does not have 2 x 8 TB drives. They have "STOR" plans. Even from a reseller like andy (as he sells deprecated (old) plans), nothing suitable will be there. You seems have not done any research, or just didn't know.

Before commenting - make sure, otherwise it's just a waste of your own time. But anyway, thanks for recommendation.

• ThinVpsThinVps Member
    edited June 15

@ZinTax said:

@ThinVps said:

@ZinTax said:

@ThinVps said:

Again, Leaseweb.
    a) Delivery time 5 days

OVH does not have 2 x 8 TB drives. They have "STOR" plans. Even from a reseller like andy (as he sells deprecated (old) plans), nothing suitable will be there. You seems have not done any research, or just didn't know.

Before commenting - make sure, otherwise it's just a waste of your own time. But anyway, thanks for recommendation.

I just drop info i know, its for you, not for me to do the final research. It is not up to you to tell me what to do before commenting. Saw a post, dropped suggestion- its for you to finalize. Good luck and tone it down the rhetoric, you are brand new here, show some respect.

• ZinTaxZinTax Member

Go couple offers, hoping to close the deal today :)

If somebody still can drop an offer, i will be glad to consider it. If not, i will choose one of the options which i got.