Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server monitoring tool
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server monitoring tool

samratfktsamratfkt Member

Is there any self-hosted/ Open source tool available where I can monitor all usage and downtime live?

or maybe paid? but it should very cheap.

Comments

• TerensMTerensM Member

uptime kuma looks fine, not for enterprise use tho.

• zrj766zrj766 Member
    edited June 15

Hetrixtools is enough, it can monitor status and system usage.

Just monitor status, there is also Betterstack, and UptimeKuma is recommended for self-hosted.

• @TerensM said:
    uptime kuma looks fine, not for enterprise use tho.

I think it cant give us server resource details.

• @zrj766 said:

Just monitor status, there is also Betterstack, and UptimeKuma is recommended for self-hosted.

Yes, Hetrixtools is fine, I guess. Are you using how is the performance? the free plan is enough?

• sh97sh97 Member, Host Rep
    edited June 15

Hetrix best, but checkout Nezha Monitoring as well.

• oplinkoplink Member, Patron Provider

uptimerobot or Hetrix work good

• satoriksatorik Member

Prometheus + node_exporter + Grafana

• faleddofaleddo Member

I use zabbix. Can run in arm too.

• @oplink said: uptimerobot

I don't think uptimerobot got system internal monitor

• zrj766zrj766 Member

@samratfkt said:

@zrj766 said:

Yes, Hetrixtools is fine, I guess. Are you using how is the performance? the free plan is enough?

This is enough for most people.
    If it is an enterprise or important business, paying can bring more accurate results.

• cochoncochon Member

@samratfkt said:
    Is there any self-hosted/ Open source tool available where I can monitor all usage and downtime live?

Usage?

If you want to monitor stuff accessible via SNMP (CPU,disk,network over time), I'd recommend Observium CE, it's free, but some have issues with the devs, thus there's a fork called LibreNMS, but I still prefer the original.

There are many monitoring suites that rely on a hosted agent, but I get comfort from the simplicity and security of plain SNMP.

• emghemgh Member

Any easy monitoring SaaS where I can two several stages of requests?

Like auth against one endpoint, perform another request using the bearer token, and alert if any stage of this fails?

• Zabbix is my go to solution. It has a bit of a learning curve to get started, but it's worth the effort as it runs entirely on your own server(s)

• @CloudHopper said:
    Zabbix is my go to solution. It has a bit of a learning curve to get started, but it's worth the effort as it runs entirely on your own server(s)

So I can monitor all my servers from one place?

• @cochon said:

@samratfkt said:

Usage?

If you want to monitor stuff accessible via SNMP (CPU,disk,network over time), I'd recommend Observium CE, it's free, but some have issues with the devs, thus there's a fork called LibreNMS, but I still prefer the original.

There are many monitoring suites that rely on a hosted agent, but I get comfort from the simplicity and security of plain SNMP.

Usage means, memory usage, CPU usage, Disk Usage etc.

• faleddofaleddo Member

@samratfkt said:

@cochon said:

@samratfkt said:

Usage?

Usage means, memory usage, CPU usage, Disk Usage etc.

Yes. Not only system performance, but also docker stats, databases stats, nextcloud stats, etc. Zabbix have lot of monitoring integration.

• tmntwitwtmntwitw Member
    edited June 15

I used to use mrtg and cacti. Nowadays, I am mostly using prometheus (with grafana for visualization).

• BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep

I use Hetrixtools (cloud) and Netdata (selfhosted)

• entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

@BasToTheMax said:
    I use Hetrixtools (cloud) and Netdata (selfhosted)

Netdata is confusing at first, is it possible to have a central dashboard for all servers that is self hosted, or do I have to use their cloud option?

• neboyshaneboysha Member

Hetrixtools is fine. Also nixstats use to be now it is sold to webpros and named 360monitoring.com, still worth money you pay.

• emghemgh Member

@neboysha said:
    Hetrixtools is fine. Also nixstats use to be now it is sold to webpros and named 360monitoring.com, still worth money you pay.

What a downgrade in name though

Nixstats > 360monitoring

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • @samratfkt said:

@CloudHopper said:
    Zabbix is my go to solution. It has a bit of a learning curve to get started, but it's worth the effort as it runs entirely on your own server(s)

So I can monitor all my servers from one place?

Of course. You have a Zabbix server that monitors all your servers, and then you install an agent on each server that you want to monitor.

The agent weighs nothing, (I run it on 256MB slices with no issues), and I'm monitoring 35 "servers" from a Zabbix server running on a VPS with 1 core and 2GB of RAM

I also have it connected to an email server so it sends me notifications for things I need to worry about, and it has graphs so you can see the uptime, and resource usage, (which might save you money if you've over-provisioned)

• HostWildHostWild Member, Host Rep

UptimeRobot is better, we are using it to monitor all our servers :)

• siemenssiemens Member

Just wait for the first user to email you when it's down

Thanked by 1rsk
  • cloudblastcloudblast Member, Patron Provider

Prometheus BlackBox + Grafana is a good combo :)

• hsrhsr Member

Prometheus + Grafana or Zabbix

• VexeliaVexelia Member

@samratfkt said:

or maybe paid? but it should very cheap.

Netweak is pretty good (and cheap!) if you need server resource monitoring. UptimeKuma is a good open source alternative.

• toffeetoffee Member
    edited June 16

@emgh said:

@neboysha said:

What a downgrade in name though

Nixstats > 360monitoring

I think 360monitoring is a good name. 360 as in it monitors everything on the server.