Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS for VPN in NL or UK
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for VPN in NL or UK

I'm in need for a small VPS for a VPN (will be used at college, don't want them to be looking what i'm doing on my laptop)

Location either in NL or the UK

Need no more than 64mb RAM and 250GB Bandwidth

Budget: <$2 would be great (don't want to pay yearly, quarterly = OK)

Comments

• MelonMelon Member
    edited January 2014

I could be wrong, but, in my experience, a lot of hosts offering LEBs for that price only accept yearly payments. Given the price, it's really not a big deal (unless you really can't spare a few dollars).

My first recommendation goes to INIZ with their yearly VPS in NL:

• 25 GB disk space
    • 250 GB outgoing bandwidth
    • Unmetered incoming bandwidth
    • 128 MB RAM
    • 128 MB VSwap
    • 1 IPv4 address, 1 IPv6 address

There's a link here. As far as I know, posting affiliate URLs is okay, so if you decide to use INIZ, I'd really appreciate you using mine.

Another option is HTTP Zoom with their UK VPS, which does not include IPv6 but is cheaper:

• 5 GB disk space
    • 200 GB bandwidth
    • 64 MB RAM (submit a ticket and they'll upgrade you to 96 MB for free)
    • 128 MB burst
    • 1 IPv4 address

It's on their home page. Once again, I'd appreciate it if you used my affiliate link.

I don't use any providers that could offer exactly what you want with quarterly billing, sorry! I did use IPXcore very briefly in the past, and I think they may be able to do so, but I'd thoroughly recommend the above hosts as I've had nothing but positive experiences with them.

Good luck!

Edit: Didn't pay proper attention, thought you absolutely did not want to pay over $2/mo. My bad.

• http://lowendspirit.com

I don't think there will be anything cheaper. :)

• LESLES Member

Bandwagonhost for NL or HTTPZoom for UK

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

I'd also suggest LowEndSpirit

• Httpzoom.com it is £2/quarterly

• edited January 2014

https://bandwagonhost.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=12 .

10 GB SAS RAID-10 Disk Space
    256 MB RAM
    500 GB Transfer
    Gigabit port
    EU Netherlands / US Arizona

Use promocode WHT24H, it will add 30% off recurring (So it will be $2.09/month or $5.59 quaterly).

• MakenaiMakenai Member
    edited January 2014

@Melon said:
    Another option is HTTP Zoom with their UK VPS, which does not include IPv6 but is cheaper:

• 5 GB disk space
    • 200 GB bandwidth
    • 64 MB RAM (submit a ticket and they'll upgrade you to 96 MB for free)
    • 128 MB burst
    • 1 IPv4 address

It's on their home page. Once again, I'd appreciate it if you used my affiliate link.

I don't use any providers that could offer exactly what you want with quarterly billing, sorry! I did use IPXcore very briefly in the past, and I think they may be able to do so, but I'd thoroughly recommend the above hosts as I've had nothing but positive experiences with them.

Good luck!

Edit: Didn't pay proper attention, thought you absolutely did not want to pay over $2/mo. My bad.

HTTPZoom includes IPv6 if you ask them nicely ;)

• @Makenai said:
    HTTPZoom includes IPv6 if you ask them nicely ;)

Guess I'm gonna file a ticket! Thanks for letting me know.

PS: Turns out HTTP Zoom allows quarterly billing for the 64 MB VPS, as @Rami pointed out.

• Thanks everyone!

Gone with HTTPSimple :)

• Sigh, service is still at pending and i need it to be up and running by tomorrow... :(

• MelonMelon Member
    edited January 2014

@joodle said:
    Sigh, service is still at pending and i need it to be up and running by tomorrow... :(

That's karma for not using the affiliate link. ;)

• @Melon said:
    That's karma for not using the affiliate link. ;)

Didn't even see you've had an aff link in your post lol until now -.-'

• You should get one LowEndSpirit as a backup :)

• VPS has been setup but seems like openvpn will not work on their node (itables issues)

Still looking for another provider who can offer me a VPS

• monthly only? I don't really see much choice there.

• Ordered one at Bandwagonhost, got my VPN online within 10 minutes :)

• @joodle said:
    VPS has been setup but seems like openvpn will not work on their node (itables issues)

I run OpenVPN at HTTPzoom OpenVZ Node 1 without any problems atleast some year. You should really use affiliate link above... :P

• @johnlth93 said:
    monthly only? I don't really see much choice there.

err you should check your vcard website seems like domain has expired...

• @iSidle said:

Thanks for reminding, it is indeed expired a month or 2 ago. I din't intent to renew it anyway, the domain was some how messed up on google index.

• iSidle said: err you should check your vcard

What is this, high school? :P