Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Calin's Journey
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Calin's Journey

Calin ran his servers, down in that basement room,
In a little Romanian village, under a setting moon,
The fans were humming hard, keeping the cold at bay,
But he had bigger dreams, couldn't stay another day.

With servers packed in a rusty van, headed out on open ground,
He drove through fields and forests, where roads could not be found,
From west to east he ventured, didn't matter how far,
A man on his mission, chasing down a falling star.

Oh Calin, riding through the night,
Across those valleys, mountains high,
He faced the storm, he drove through pain,
Now his servers shine in Bucharest,
Where they catch that fiber light.

The twilight turned to darkness, the road became a ghost,
Twisting down those country paths, where he almost lost all hope,
With dreams of uptime soaring, a thousand miles to go,
Every twinkling star above, brightened the dim road.

Datacenter lights now flicker, like candles in a breeze,
Redundant power warms them, cooling runs with ease,
Thru the depths of misty forests, to Bucharest's neon glows,
Calin’s journey and his courage, in his heart’s all he knows.

Oh Calin, riding through the night,
Across those valleys, mountains high,
He faced the storm, he drove through pain,
Now his servers shine in Bucharest,
Where they catch that fiber light.

Urra!

Comments

• MoopahMoopah Member

Where's iHostArt affiliate link?

• zGatozGato Member

you forgot your 🦄 link

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Amazing!

• davidedavide Member
    edited June 13

Full resolution video with high definition audio, because YouTube is kinda meh!

https://search.ponyhost.xyz/pub/vid/calin_s_journey.mp4 (aff!)

Thanked by 2Calin zGato
  • defaultdefault Veteran

Now they started singing songs about the datacenter of @Calin - He has officially become a legend.

• ehabehab Member

yeah

now i would like to see him with strippers on those racks

Thanked by 1davide
  • davidedavide Member
    edited June 14

I would like to see him singing in a musical .. with servers and random strippers in a van as support role!

Thanked by 2Calin donko
  • ehabehab Member

@davide said:
    I would like to see him singing in a musical .. with servers and random strippers in a van as support role!

:D

Thanked by 1davide
  • Hahahahahaha amazing

Thanked by 1davide
  • defaultdefault Veteran

Humble @Calin be like:

Thanked by 3davide ehab Void
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

My I'm think @Calin is loving this.

I also think I just turned @emgh on, by saying that.

• emghemgh Member

@DP said:
    My I'm think @Calin is loving this.

I also think I just turned @emgh on, by saying that.

m y i m so on rn

Thanked by 2davide DP
  • ehabehab Member

Thanked by 1Patriarch
  • ehabehab Member

at the data center

when all sold slots out

Thanked by 1davide
  • ehabehab Member

i am ready for any party now

Thanked by 1davide
  • LeviLevi Member

@FlorinMarian here is music for your long trips to closet dc :D

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • QafarQafar Member

:o

• ehabehab Member

@Qafar said:

and ?

• QafarQafar Member

@ehab said:

@Qafar said:

and ?

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@Levi said:

The song is too long to listen to in its entirety on the 10-second journey between the desk and the rack.
    Since the middle of March, I no longer live 80 km from the servers, but I didn't want to announce this publicly so as not to spoil the joke for @Kris , who takes great pleasure in imagining my mother rebooting the servers.

Thanked by 110thHouse
  • ehabehab Member

@Qafar said:

@ehab said:

@Qafar said:

and ?

NO sex for you.

• coldcold Member

wtf ? edit the topic in : Calins memoirs

• coldcold Member

@FlorinMarian said:

@Levi said:

The song is too long to listen to in its entirety on the 10-second journey between the desk and the rack.
    Since the middle of March, I no longer live 80 km from the servers, but I didn't want to announce this publicly so as not to spoil the joke for @Kris , who takes great pleasure in imagining my mother rebooting the servers.

stop hating ! and make some offers better then @Calin

@cold said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@Levi said:

I stopped the hate since January, but some people don't accept that.
    I can't make better offers than Calin at the moment because we are sold-out (over 90%) on all levels and at the moment I don't intend to invest in hardware.

Thanked by 110thHouse
  • KrisKris Member

@FlorinMarian said: who takes great pleasure in imagining my mother rebooting the servers.

Sorry, I didn't know about your Schrödinger's NOC.

I find it cool you kept that knowledge away because you wanted me to have fuel for lulz.

We were only made aware you moved a few hours away when your service failed one night and you told us that your mom and family were helping. I think that was a very extended outage.

A smart person would make a thread and announce they have capable hands at their NOC again, and it's not left to fall by the wayside. Maybe even an improvement or two.

Instead you have nothing and create threads bashing competitors because you're sad that you signed some extended contract with your ISP to keep yourself a basement operation at premium prices. Then you attacked another ISP here continuously.

To quote Super Troopers, "desperation is a stinky cologne."

Thanked by 3Calin Void sasslik

@Kris said:

@FlorinMarian said: who takes great pleasure in imagining my mother rebooting the servers.

Sorry, I didn't know about your Schrödinger's NOC.

I find it cool you kept that knowledge away because you wanted me to have fuel for lulz.

We were only made aware you moved a few hours away when your service failed one night and you told us that your mom and family were helping. I think that was a very extended outage.

A smart person would make a thread and announce they have capable hands at their NOC again, and it's not left to fall by the wayside. Maybe even an improvement or two.

Instead you have nothing and create threads bashing competitors because you're sad that you signed some extended contract with your ISP to keep yourself a basement operation at premium prices. Then you attacked another ISP here continuously.

To quote Super Troopers, "desperation is a stinky cologne."

Honestly, I didn't attack anyone, the fact that we all know who the provider is that hosts everything shows that we know each other very well (those from the community) is by no means an insult, at least that's not how it sounds from my side.
    Then, there is no need to advertise myself positively at the moment because no matter what everyone else thinks, the sales are at a satisfactory level, even if I probably have too low targets. Most people know that my hobby is hosting and the food comes from the jobs I have.
    Last but not least, I don't even see the point of the discussion about Arbor protection, since I signed what I signed with my own hand and I also pay the bills for the given signature with my own hand. (you personally do not lose or gain anything)
    My conclusion would be to try to bury these negative feelings and accept that even the best advice is sometimes ignored, as it happened in our case. I have neither the necessary energy nor the will to argue with you.
    Success in everything!

• @davide Good song. When will there be a version where @Calin sings it in the server room?

Thanked by 2Calin davide
  • defaultdefault Veteran

@Michal212 said:
    @davide Good song. When will there be a version where @Calin sings it in the server room?

I believe I might have found it.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • coldcold Member

@FlorinMarian said:

@cold said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@Levi said:

I stopped the hate since January, but some people don't accept that.
    I can't make better offers than Calin at the moment because we are sold-out (over 90%) on all levels and at the moment I don't intend to invest in hardware.

true, I keep forgetting you're just a reseller

Thanked by 1dosai