Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

alternatives to ionos/strato | cheap 1 euro VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

alternatives to ionos/strato | cheap 1 euro VPS

so i've been looking for 1euro vps monthly plan, i found ionos and strato (both german companies) however both do not take orders outside of Europe. in checkout page i cannot find my country i cannot enter my phone number country code either, so it seems they are locked down for EU customers only
i am looking for an alternative, my conditions are simple. high speed + respectable bandwidth not some shitty 100mbps port with 1TB bandwidth cap. any reliable suggestions ?
PS: netcup is an option but requires a payment of 1 year upfront which is meh i am keeping it as last resort.

Comments

• ZyraZyra Member

@raykra said: high speed

@raykra said: 1euro vps monthly plan

best of luck

Thanked by 1gwnd1989
  • raykraraykra Member
    edited June 12

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@raykra said: so i've been looking for 1euro vps monthly plan,

It's very unlikely that you'll find such a VPS for 1€/month, paid monthly

You need to adjust your expectations

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • raykraraykra Member

@Zyra said:

best of luck

i know it sounds like a meme but there's definitely some options you just need to grind through garbage till you find gems. if only ionos/strato would accept me as a customer but alas

• yoyekyoyek Member

You can try here (but I'm not sure if they will sell outside Europe):
    https://realtoxmedia.de/sale

Thanked by 1raykra
  • raykraraykra Member

@angstrom said:

@raykra said: so i've been looking for 1euro vps monthly plan,

It's very unlikely that you'll find such a VPS for 1€/month, paid monthly

You need to adjust your expectations

i am ok with yearly payment just said it will be my last resort

• davidedavide Member
    edited June 12

ColoCrossing — $1.00 / month (yearly)
    1 Intel Cores (shared)
    1024 MB RAM
    20 GB SSD
    20480 GB/month bandwidth
    1.0 Gbps port speed
    IPv4
    USA location

• edited June 12

@raykra said:

@Zyra said:

best of luck

i know it sounds like a meme but there's definitely some options you just need to grind through garbage till you find gems. if only ionos/strato would accept me as a customer but alas

Well, there is a bunch of ~$12/y VPS around but you are really scraping the bottom of the barrel here, so you don't really get to be very picky. Those offers from Strato/Ionos you are looking at are (likely loss leader) advertisements of pretty huge companies, which are able to offset those by sheer volume and subsidization from their offer ventures/plans. This constellation isn't too common so your alternatives will be seriously limited if there even is any at all and you'll likely have to accept some kind of compromise as it's not unlikely that 100% comparable offers simply don't exist.

Thanked by 3Zyra raykra angstrom
  • raykraraykra Member
    edited June 12

@davide said:
    1 Intel Cores (shared)
    1024 MB RAM
    20 GB SSD
    20480 GB/month bandwidth
    1.0 Gbps port speed
    IPv4
    USA location

colocrossing IPs are banned in probably 3/4 of the internet now lol

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • @raykra said:

@davide said:
    1 Intel Cores (shared)
    1024 MB RAM
    20 GB SSD
    20480 GB/month bandwidth
    1.0 Gbps port speed
    IPv4
    USA location

colocrossing IPs are banned in probably 3/4 of the internet now lol

For mail maybe. is SMTP your goals?

• ZyraZyra Member

@CheepCluck said: For mail maybe. is SMTP your goals?

doubt, maybe a vpn

• @Zyra said:

@CheepCluck said: For mail maybe. is SMTP your goals?

doubt, maybe a vpn

fair. I bet coloncrossing could do the world with a all you can eat scnitzel fest to gather spirits abou their IP's

• raykraraykra Member
    edited June 12

@Zyra said: doubt, maybe a vpn

yep. i tried colocrossing reseller before, never again due to the ip reputation

• edited June 12

I have the Netcup VPS and it's been serving me quite fine, what's the concern?

• raykraraykra Member

@CyberneticTitan said:

yearly payment. but i guess i will go with them as there's not other decent option atm

• ZyraZyra Member

@raykra said: yearly payment

not many providers will jump for a monthly payment of 1 euro, like transactions costs, ipv4 etc. maybe during BF you could snag a deal but the lowest I've recently seen was a vps from sebek for 1.30 euro, maybe aeza but their stockholm promo only goes up to 100mpbs for 1.09 euro

• lukast__lukast__ Member

@Zyra said:

not many providers will jump for a monthly payment of 1 euro, like transactions costs, ipv4 etc. maybe during BF you could snag a deal but the lowest I've recently seen was a vps from sebek for 1.30 euro, maybe aeza but their stockholm promo only goes up to 100mpbs for 1.09 euro

The company mentioned above offers a server for 1€/month (or 8€/year) with an IPv4 in Germany.

• raykraraykra Member

@lukast__ said:

@Zyra said:

The company mentioned above offers a server for 1€/month (or 8€/year) with an IPv4 in Germany.

yea it looks decent but i am not sure if 2TB will be enough for my use, i found store.c-servers.co.uk nanovps but that's only ipv6. i will contact them if there's an option for ipv4 addon

• rcy026rcy026 Member

@raykra said:
    yea it looks decent but i am not sure if 2TB will be enough for my use, i found store.c-servers.co.uk nanovps but that's only ipv6. i will contact them if there's an option for ipv4 addon

Considering that a single ip4 costs around 0.5$ month in leasing I doubt they will be able to help you for that price.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member

@raykra said:

@CyberneticTitan said:

yearly payment. but i guess i will go with them as there's not other decent option atm

it is 12 month contract, but I am paying monthly Euro 0.84

• raykraraykra Member

@dev_vps said:

@raykra said:

@CyberneticTitan said:

it is 12 month contract, but I am paying monthly Euro 0.84

They cancelled this option. Now only 12 month upfront