Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fast CPU VPS/Dedicated Based In US
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fast CPU VPS/Dedicated Based In US

OmnipotentOmnipotent Member
edited June 11 in General

Greetings LET!

Currently looking for a fast and reliable server for a game server (Project Zomboid). Hoping to find a provider we can stay with for the long-term (12-24+ months). Not looking for short contracts. If the server performance is within spec we are willing to commit to yearly contracts.

Requirements:

• US Based, West Coast preferred (Eg: LA, Oregon, Utah)
  • Single Core rating of at least 1500+ in Geekbench 6 (Eg: 7950X)
  • 4-6+ cores of CPU. Dedicated/pinned preferred, but shared okay if not throttled.
  • 20-24GB+ RAM
  • 1Gbps+ networking (do not need much bandwidth). Network stability is important.
  • NVMe with 100-200+GB Storage. Bonus for NVMe + RAID.

This is for a game server, and SINGLE CORE speeds are extremely important! Project Zomboid is CPU heavy. Thanks!

Comments

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

If you can wait, we will be launching our new EPYC Genoa VPS in Los Angeles, CA in around a week.

Features 12 vCPU (EPYC Genoa 9654), 32GB DDR5 ECC Memory, 512GB NVMe SSD Storage, and 15TB bandwidth for just $32/month with a 10 Gbps network.

Of course, we offer a 14-day money back guarantee and no commitments. You are free to leave at any time.

https://advinservers.com/cloud

• conceptconcept Member

Sounds like you are looking for a dedicated server and not a vps considering your requirements.

I would check out
    @fiberstate
    @NetDynamics24
    ReliableSite @MrRadic

Advin's offer does look good too.

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host
    edited June 11

@Omnipotent said:
    Greetings LET!

Currently looking for a fast and reliable server for a game server (Project Zomboid). Hoping to find a provider we can stay with for the long-term (12-24+ months). Not looking for short contracts. If the server performance is within spec we are willing to commit to yearly contracts.

Requirements:

• US Based, West Coast preferred (Eg: LA, Oregon, Utah)
    • Single Core rating of at least 1500+ in Geekbench 6 (Eg: 7950X)
    • 4-6+ cores of CPU. Dedicated/pinned preferred, but shared okay if not throttled.
    • 20-24GB+ RAM
    • 1Gbps+ networking (do not need much bandwidth). Network stability is important.
    • NVMe with 100-200+GB Storage. Bonus for NVMe + RAID.

This is for a game server, and SINGLE CORE speeds are extremely important! Project Zomboid is CPU heavy. Thanks!

If a VDS will work, we do dedicated core w/threads on our 7950X VDSes. Though given your specs I think you're getting really close to dedicated territory as @concept said. We have a few 5950X LTO's that are going to be flash sold (I think 1 or 2 are left) that would definitely meet/exceed and save quite a few dollars--especially when you're talking 12-24 month timeframes.

Additionally, I think an E3-1285 v6 might meet your GB6 scores and get you into a fully dedicated unit for a fraction of the cost. Happy to discuss all options, feel free to DM, open a ticket, or hop in our Discord and open a sales-ticket.

EDIT: Oh, and we are in Washington State.

Thanked by 1Omnipotent
  • @Advin said:
    If you can wait, we will be launching our new EPYC Genoa VPS in Los Angeles, CA in around a week.

Features 12 vCPU (EPYC Genoa 9654), 32GB DDR5 ECC Memory, 512GB NVMe SSD Storage, and 15TB bandwidth for just $32/month with a 10 Gbps network.

Of course, we offer a 14-day money back guarantee and no commitments. You are free to leave at any time.

https://advinservers.com/cloud

Hey there @Advin ,

Greatly appreciate the heads-up! Have heard good things about your services from other members. Please let me know when this is available. If it's able to support our PZ community under load I'm sure we can make this a long term thing.

@concept said:
    Sounds like you are looking for a dedicated server and not a vps considering your requirements.

I would check out
    @fiberstate
    @NetDynamics24
    ReliableSite @MrRadic

Fair enough, I've updated the title to be "VPS/Dedicated" instead of just "VPS". Appreciate the mentions as well!

Have also been looking into Fiberstate, and they are on the table. I reached out in their thread a few days ago and they are also out of stock for 1-2 weeks. :sweat_smile:

Have seen NetDynamics and MrRadic mentioned elsewhere, but have not looked into them. Will look into them now. Thank you @concept !

Thanked by 2Advin NetDynamics24
  • OmnipotentOmnipotent Member
    edited June 11

@crunchbits said:

If a VDS will work, we do dedicated core w/threads on our 7950X VDSes. Though given your specs I think you're getting really close to dedicated territory as @concept said. We have a few 5950X LTO's that are going to be flash sold (I think 1 or 2 are left) that would definitely meet/exceed and save quite a few dollars--especially when you're talking 12-24 month timeframes.

Additionally, I think an E3-1285 v6 might meet your GB6 scores and get you into a fully dedicated unit for a fraction of the cost. Happy to discuss all options, feel free to DM, open a ticket, or hop in our Discord and open a sales-ticket.

EDIT: Oh, and we are in Washington State.

Hey there @crunchbits !

Have been on the fence about this one. Did not see a tier between 16GB and 32GB RAM (Fiberstate does 128GB for this price), and we really need at least 20GB RAM considering the OS overhead (Ubuntu 22.04). Hopped in your discord as well because why not. Love the red and black theme.

• davidedavide Member

HostHatch — $39.00 / month
    8 Epyc Cores (4 shared, 4 dedi)
    49152 MB RAM
    150 GB NVMe
    10240 GB/month bandwidth
    10.0 Gbps port speed
    IPv4 + IPv6
    US location

or HostEons @ $45, or scramble the query parameters (aff)

Thanked by 1Omnipotent
  • NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

You can see our dedicated servers here:
    https://netdynamics24.com/client/order.php?step=1&productGroup=10
    Better prices can be done for annual billing cycle.

Thanked by 1Omnipotent
  • oplinkoplink Member, Patron Provider

What's your budget?

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

@Omnipotent said:

Hi there,

Just sent you an offer via DM.

Thank you.

Thanked by 1Omnipotent
  • fiberstatefiberstate Member, Patron Provider

@concept said:

I would check out
    @fiberstate
    @NetDynamics24
    ReliableSite @MrRadic

Thanks for the mention! We do have a Ryzen 9 7950X3D dedicated package

https://deals.fiberstate.com/

We are based in Salt Lake City, UT.

Thanked by 1Omnipotent
  • MoopahMoopah Member

@fiberstate said:

@concept said:

I would check out
    @fiberstate
    @NetDynamics24
    ReliableSite @MrRadic

When did you get 3D variants of chickens? I thought you only had 7950X?

• fiberstatefiberstate Member, Patron Provider

@Moopah said:

@fiberstate said:

@concept said:

I would check out
    @fiberstate
    @NetDynamics24
    ReliableSite @MrRadic

When did you get 3D variants of chickens? I thought you only had 7950X?

We have both variants of chickens :)

• SparkedPaulSparkedPaul Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 11

I’d consider shared hosting for project zomboid. We have a Dedicated Game Hosting line on 7950X’s, protected by CosmicGuard in Dallas. Server splitter access + access to make other games via our Apollo Panel. We can get a custom plan up for you (dedicated cores, dedicated IP). We also have Utah racks from FS with Path protection. We can get you a 48 hour trial and you can test it out.

Just make sure you consider the DDoS factor, lots of hosts in this thread aren’t game hosts.

Thanked by 1Omnipotent