Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

aurologic warning post
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

aurologic warning post

aurillyaurilly Member

I recently wanted to try out aurologic's VPS offerings for potential use, however, my entire experience has been a complete nightmare, and currently, has been a scam. I understand that I am paying a low amount (~12 euro a month) for the VPS, however, I expect to actually receive the service I pay for (it is automatically allocated). Here's a timeline:

• May 12, 2024: I made the purchase. I determined that the service was unusable after 2 days of it saying "unknown state".
  • May 14, 2024, 16:11: Created a support ticket detailing the above issue.
  • May 21, 2024, 03:51 (ouch that response time): Response to ticket, saying service has been re-deployed and is reachable at the dashboard now. After powering on the VPS (which it now allowed me to do), I was greeted with "No bootable devices found" in the VNC console. I attempted to reinstall, which failed after ~15 minutes saying "Backend did not complete task in time".
  • May 21, 2024, 04:06: I responded to the ticket with my above issue.
  • May 22, 2024, 05:33 (reasonable response time): I received a response telling me that I may need to retry the re-install, so, I tried again, across multiple browsers & two engines (Arc(chromium), Edge(chromium), and Firefox(Gecko)), this did not work and it got stuck at the same part as last time.
  • May 22, 2024, 15:38 (i tried for hours): Responded to ticket saying as such.

It is now June 7th, 2024. It has been 25 days since purchasing the VPS, and I still do not have access. Please do not purchase from aurologic's VPS catalogue.

Here is an image of the ticket conversations: https://i.imgur.com/k18nkHX.png

Comments

• emghemgh Member

Looks kind of bad.

@jh_aurologic

• ZreindZreind Member

Had almost same issue. They never answer tickets.

Thanked by 2emgh aurilly
  • jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

Yup, seems that ticket went under the table, apologies for that. Hit me your customer ID and I‘ll have a look personally.

• emghemgh Member
    edited June 7

@jh_aurologic said:
    Yup, seems that ticket went under the table, apologies for that. Hit me your customer ID and I‘ll have a look personally.

C'mon, find by ticket contents (such as reply times) or ask the team. No reason to delay it any further.

• aurillyaurilly Member

@jh_aurologic said:

I’ve sent a message with my customer ID now, while you’re looking, could you make my invoice match my account’s services as there’s a duplicate on it

Thanked by 1jh_aurologic
  • lirrrlirrr Member

that ticket response time is nasty

Thanked by 1emgh
  • tentortentor Member, Host Rep

@jh_aurologic said: seems that ticket went under the table, apologies for that

Just curious, don't you (your team) periodically check for any not answered tickets?

• emghemgh Member
    edited June 7

@tentor said:

Just curious, don't you (your team) periodically check for any not answered tickets?

I normally don’t like it when providers ask ”critical questions” on threads about providers, but in this case I have to agree, support is such a vital part of hosting, how can a ticket for a week just fall under anything? Isn’t there suposed to be a list sorted by highest reply time?

@tentor said:

To be honest, (non cloud) business is going (too) good, had a phenomenal growth rate past 6 months - that leads also to sometimes things going under and software needing adjustments - so also our tickets. I‘ll sort that issue with @aurilly in private once back on a pc.

• emghemgh Member

@jh_aurologic said:

@tentor said:

To be honest, (non cloud) business is going (too) good, had a phenomenal growth rate past 6 months - that leads also to sometimes things going under and software needing adjustments - so also our tickets. I‘ll sort that issue with @aurilly in private once back on a pc.

You can’t sort by longest time since you’ve replied?

@emgh said:

@jh_aurologic said:

@tentor said:

Nope, not yet. Tickets are pretty basic and need some more love to cope with current business state.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@jh_aurologic said:

@emgh said:

@jh_aurologic said:

@tentor said:

Nope, not yet. Tickets are pretty basic and need some more love to cope with current business state.

Yeah, well, I appreciate your honestly. It’s not like it’s a better look than just being slow, seems like a fairly critical miss to not be able to do that. Anyway, wish you the best in fixing it.

• KassemKassem Member

@jh_aurologic said: Nope, not yet. Tickets are pretty basic and need some more love to cope with current business state.

Or use a good to go system with standard functionality especially when support is suffering like that.

• emghemgh Member

@Kassem said:

@jh_aurologic said: Nope, not yet. Tickets are pretty basic and need some more love to cope with current business state.

Or use a good to go system with standard functionality especially when support is suffering like that.

I mean if it’s an SQL query, which it likely is, we’re talking 3 seconds to implement this.

Sounds a bit off that it’s not implemented.

• aurillyaurilly Member

@jh_aurologic said:

@tentor said:

Hi, any ETA for a fix? I've responded in the ticket.

• suyadi92suyadi92 Member

@aurilly said:

Seems that ticket went under the table, again

@aurilly said:

@jh_aurologic said:

@tentor said:

Hi,

I apologize for the delay; we don't work on weekends, and Mondays are particularly busy with over 80-90 tickets from the weekend.

The issue has been fixed. It was an application bug at the storage level that caused your image to be stuck. The deployment transactions for the unpaid invoice have been rolled back, so you don't need to make any payments until the beginning of July.

Thanked by 1aurilly
  • aurillyaurilly Member

Apologies for being pushy, had no clue what timezone support was in so I thought it'd be able to be done same-day. Seems to working now, thanks.

No problemo :)

Thanked by 1aurilly