Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostHatch openly lying about offers, only providing half of the advertised cores!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostHatch openly lying about offers, only providing half of the advertised cores!

emghemgh Member

It was close to bedtime, I was lighting the scented candle, I was reading my favorite book and I was feeling good.

I slowly whispered IB action-dot-erotica.

When it hit me, Avoro wasn't the only provider with questionable practices, HostHatch, the beloved host, have been lying to us. And they have been doing so without remorse.

In fact, HostHatch is using AMD EPYC 7443P from YABS that I can find. It offers 24 cores and 48 threads. However, when HostHatch is advertising x amount of cores, not vCores, not vCPU, from the best of my ability, they seem to provide only half the cores advertised!

How do I regain the lost 1/2 of the advertised cores, can someone help? Is there a command of sorts? apt get missing cores?

Please help.

PS, screenshot because HostHatch love screenshot:

Thanked by 1adly

Comments

• emghemgh Member

@yoursunny said:
    Your cores have been doubled.

Do I have to restart?

• emghemgh Member

@hosthatch said:
    What even...

Cores.

• lirrrlirrr Member

gn <3 I will wake up to read the posts later

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@lirrr said:
    gn <3 I will wake up to read the posts later

Of cores

Gn ❤️

• davidedavide Member
    edited May 30

Lingua franca for VDSs is core := vcore

Isn't it?

My pony has a regex galore and all CPU lines from all providers are interpreted that way

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@davide said:
    Lingua franca for VDSs is core := vcore

Isn't it?

Of cores not

Core is thread and dedicated is shared???

What’s next, unlimited bandwidth is limited???

• kaitkait Member

Ligma balls.

• davidedavide Member

@emgh said:

My pony sets bandwidth to 50 TB when it encounters "unlimited"

:D

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@davide said:

@emgh said:

My pony sets bandwidth to 50 TB when it encounters "unlimited"

:D

Good pony

Thanked by 1davide
  • emghemgh Member

@kait said:
    Ligma balls.

Sir, I think you mean ’replenish my cores’

Thanked by 3kait adly sh97
  • kaitkait Member

@emgh said: replenish my cores

Potato potato, who gives a flying vcore. Your cores have been halved.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • CalmDownCalmDown Member

@emgh You should understand that it's false advertising, only Netcup is good, @online7237 can test for you and open another thread with proofs of 161 screenshots, saying "lyers", "scammers" and of course "overselling".

JOKES

• emghemgh Member

@kait said:

@emgh said: replenish my cores

Potato potato, who gives a flying vcore. Your cores have been halved.

Core concept

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/2b80bd61-53d6-4894-b3bb-d1d0962da882

• emghemgh Member

@CalmDown said:
    @emgh You should understand that it's false advertising, only Netcup is good, @online7237 can test for you and open another thread with proofs of 161 screenshots, saying "lyers", "scammers" and of course "overselling".

Yeah.. I think that’s why HostHatch didn’t even merit this with a response. Lack of screenshots. They asked for screenshots but I only provided screenshot :(

• emghemgh Member

wtf, those ain't my cores B)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member
    edited May 30

@Neoon said:

Yup, it’s getting tiresome. I think we should change corese and discuss something else

• kheng86kheng86 Member

Thanks for your feedback

Thanked by 2emgh Freek
  • emghemgh Member

@kheng86

@hxservers said:
    Thank you for your feedback. Please stop sending lewd photos of old men lmao

Thanked by 1kheng86
  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited May 30

@emgh said:
    It was close to bedtime, I was lighting the scented candle, I was reading my favorite book and I was feeling good.

I slowly whispered IB action-dot-erotica.

When it hit me, Avoro wasn't the only provider with questionable practices, HostHatch, the beloved host, have been lying to us. And they have been doing so without remorse.

In fact, HostHatch is using AMD EPYC 7443P from YABS that I can find. It offers 24 cores and 48 threads. However, when HostHatch is advertising x amount of cores, not vCores, not vCPU, from the best of my ability, they seem to provide only half the cores advertised!

How do I regain the lost 1/2 of the advertised cores, can someone help? Is there a command of sorts? apt get missing cores?

Please help.

PS, screenshot because HostHatch love screenshot:

well, my understanding is that for VPS .... 1 core is actually 1 physical core HT

in fact , in your post
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/194630/looking-to-get-rid-of-a-few-hosthatch-servers-3-promos-at-cost-1-non-promo-at-a-discount

| Server | Type                          | Location  | CPU                                  | RAM  | Disk       | Bandwidth | Promo | Renewal                               | Price                                     |
    |--------|-------------------------------|-----------|--------------------------------------|------|------------|-----------|-------|---------------------------------------|------------------------------------------|
    | #1     | Storage 2TB                   | Stockholm | 1 vCPU                               | 1 GB | 2 TB HDD   | 2 TB      | No    | 2025-01-11 @ $100 (yearly)            | Daily price of the server / 2 * days left + $10 |
    | #2     | AMD Compute 2 GB - PROMO-O    | Stockholm | 1 vCPU                               | 2 GB | 25 GB NVMe | 5 TB      | Yes   | 2024-10-18 @ $25 (yearly)             | Daily price of the server * days left + $10    |
    | #3     | NVMe 24GB Christmas Promo     | London    | 6 vCPU (2 dedicated + 4 fair-shared) | 24 GB| 300 GB NVMe| 50 TB     | Yes   | In about two years @ $200 (biennially)| Daily price of the server * days left + $10    |
    | #4     | AMD Compute 4 GB - T1         | Stockholm | 2 vCPU                               | 4 GB | 50 GB NVMe | 5 TB      | Yes   | In about a year @ $29 (yearly)        | Daily price of the server * days left + $10    |

you have listed yourself 6 vCores for NVMe 24GB Christmas Promo plan.

I have that VPS from @hosthatch

GB6 score (May 2024)

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    ---------------------------------
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1406
    Multi Core      | 5928
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/5990318

GB6 score (Dec 2023)

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    ---------------------------------
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 1548                          
    Multi Core      | 6583                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/4115500

This is an excellent deal for $10/month VPS and incredible value for my use case

Thanked by 1emgh
  • siemenssiemens Member

@emgh said: What’s next, unlimited bandwidth is limited???

Unlimited*

*Fair use, up to 1TB

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member

But I agree on this part, in the promo it would have better to use the term vCores instead of cores

Thanked by 1emgh
  • cyberformcyberform Member
    edited May 31

Your cores are share cores, if all users run geekbench at same time, maybe the result is only xxx scores for a epyc core.
    If your want a seat, you need take a taxi, not a bus.
    Believe me, if all users get the real core, you will only get worse scores

• bootboot Member

What scent do you prefer?

Thanked by 1emgh
  • zGatozGato Member

@siemens said:

@emgh said: What’s next, unlimited bandwidth is limited???

Unlimited*

*Fair use, up to 1TB

Russians were faster

(to be fair, it's a 80cent VPS)

Thanked by 1siemens
  • wtf, those ain't my cores

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member
    edited May 31

@dev_vps said:
    But I agree on this part, in the promo it would have better to use the term vCores instead of cores

Yes. Obviouly. My point is how selective the LET drama is. If what Avoro is doing is wrong, simply calling threads ”cores” is wrong too. Because it’s not cores, it’s threads. Big difference really.

It’s not even about the promo, look at their main website. If you buy 3 cores, you get 3 threads, or, 1,5 cores.

• emghemgh Member

@boot said:
    What scent do you prefer?

Thanked by 1boot