Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LaGrange Cloud LIR Review - Great Experience!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LaGrange Cloud LIR Review - Great Experience!

I recently got a personal ASN through LaGrange Cloud. I'm a resident of a small country outside the RIPE region, so it was initially a challenge to get the ASN through RIPE because they rarely (if ever) see IDs from the country. Nate at LaGrange was really helpful when dealing with RIPE support. It was also the cheapest place I found to register a personal ASN, though I admit I didn't look particularly hard. All in all, great experience!

Comments

• kaitkait Member

@systems_eng said: It was also the cheapest place I found to register a personal ASN

It will be more than 50 eur per year in 2025 :joy: enjoy your "cheap" asn at LaGrange Cloud :joy:

• It was £15, I thought that was cheap.

• edited May 30

@systems_eng said:
    It was £15, I thought that was cheap.

Previously. In the future it will be 50€/year.
    RIPE just spontaneously decided to collect an annual fee for each sponsored ASN.

Not much tho considering what you can all do with the ASN.

• ketchupketchup Member

@systems_eng said:
    It was £15, I thought that was cheap.

So you are probably going to pay a minimum of £50+£15=£65 in 2025 and in RIPE region. Learn what you can, while you can, while it's cheap. :)

• BopieBopie Member

From what I have seen they are pretty good, very active in the communities of networking.

Of course the RIPE price increase has hit everyone so just remember that there is a 50 euro per year charge from RIPE for an AS now, this is not the LIR's fault of course and the price they pass on to you is different.