Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner verification
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner verification

superusersuperuser Member

Hello everyone, does Hetzner require re-verification? after some time has passed

Comments

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member

@superuser said:
    Hello everyone, does Hetzner require re-verification? after some time has passed

Keep your scanned documents ready.

• Well, they haven't asked me for anything in the last ~20 years so i guess that means at least not in general. I'm a super boring customer though.

Thanked by 2superuser homelabber
  • JosephFJosephF Member
    edited May 30

If your account is inactive, how long will it take until they close it?

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member

A lot depends on what and how VPS is being used. Based on certain “activities” , @superuser you can count on being “lucky”

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

• superusersuperuser Member
    edited May 30

@dev_vps said:

A lot depends on what and how VPS is being used. Based on certain “activities” , @superuser you can count on being “lucky”

Bro, what kind of activity exactly? Did I violate the terms/rules - no. then where did you get it that my activities are bad?

You don’t know exactly why I don’t particularly want to go through the verification stage. you just start spreading nonsense. also I don't have to say why.

@JosephF said:
    If your account is inactive, how long will it take until they close it?

on the contrary active, more than 2 VPS will be on the account. but I don’t know about dedicated servers, depending on the circumstances

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member

@superuser said:

@dev_vps said:

Bro, what kind of activity exactly? Did I violate the terms/rules - no. then where did you get it that my activities are bad?

You don’t know exactly why I don’t particularly want to go through the verification stage. you just start spreading nonsense. also I don't have to say why.

if you did not violate any TOS or did not use any fake data, there is nothing to worry about.

if you have used fake data, then well ……

• edited May 30

@dev_vps said:

@superuser said:

@dev_vps said:

if you did not violate any TOS or did not use any fake data, there is nothing to worry about.

I don't really get it either. If OP passed KYC once what would be the problem with passing again? If his account didn't have to KYC at all my experience is probably not much of an indicator and if it did, well, then hmmm...

@dev_vps said:

@superuser said:

@dev_vps said:

did not use fake data. and you shouldn’t make early conclusions.

As I understand it, organizing showdowns without any sense at LET is sacred :)

• @superuser said:

@dev_vps said:

@superuser said:

@dev_vps said:

did not use fake data. and you shouldn’t make early conclusions.

You bought an account, right? ;)

As I understand it, organizing showdowns without any sense at LET is sacred :)

Exactly.

@totally_not_banned said:
    You bought an account, right? ;)

I haven't done anything yet, I haven't bought an account. did not steal a German who will pass verification...

Just asking about Hetzner and the difficulties

• @superuser said:
    did not steal a German

That's a relief. I was about to ask about the contents of your cellar next.

Thanked by 1superuser
  • Data is the new gold

• @johndeo983 said:
    Data is the new gold

3 of your data for my Hetzner verification German, deal?

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

If there has been no activity in your account for 1 year, then Hetzner will deactivate your account, and you need to request that they reactivate your account by opening a ticket. They can also ask you for re-verification.

By no activity, I mean you don't have any active service, whether it's a cloud, dedicated server, or DNS.

• @totally_not_banned said:

@johndeo983 said:
    Data is the new gold

3 of your data for my Hetzner verification German, deal?

Maybe if it was U.S, I'm not going to pay European VAT

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • SashkaProSashkaPro Member

May be someone can share if hetzner close their account just "for nothing"?

I mean not for abuse (spam/torrenting), not for unlimited/unmetered...
    Don't know, may be they asked for re-verification, you send them same documents and they "sorry we can't work with you anymore".

I think that I saw couple stories on /r/hetzner but without proof that business of OP was not shady.

From one hand I use Hetz for production plus doing backups to storagebox but if sometime they decide to close my account...

Thanked by 1superuser
  • MrRobMrRob Member

Yesterday I managed to verify my data, and it happens that from the application to verify idenfy does not work, so what I did was the following, I opened in the chrome browser and went to the page of hetzner and I put verify in the same browser, and it worked without problems. until in 3 minutes I was verified.

This I say to those who can not and do not accept.
    Use the browser and not the idenfy APP.

• n1njaxn1njax Member

@MrRob said:
    Yesterday I managed to verify my data, and it happens that from the application to verify idenfy does not work, so what I did was the following, I opened in the chrome browser and went to the page of hetzner and I put verify in the same browser, and it worked without problems. until in 3 minutes I was verified.

Idenfy didnt work for me either, so i mailed support explained the situation and they activated my account within a day.

• KousakaKousaka Member

Been with Hetzner for 5 years, no additional verification

• xvpsxvps Member

@SashkaPro said:

They have to because of GDPR.

It's illegal to store personal data longer than necessary.

I think Hetzner deletes inactive accounts after 12 months.

Invoices are stored for a lot longer because of the TAX/VAT laws, but everything else has to be deleted.

Thanked by 1SashkaPro
  • CabbageCabbage Member
    edited May 31

@SashkaPro said:

I mean not for abuse (spam/torrenting), not for unlimited/unmetered...
    Don't know, may be they asked for re-verification, you send them same documents and they "sorry we can't work with you anymore".

I think that I saw couple stories on /r/hetzner but without proof that business of OP was not shady.

From one hand I use Hetz for production plus doing backups to storagebox but if sometime they decide to close my account...

I can personally confirm that Hetzner does delete your account after not being active for a while. I have not been notified of it. I can't say if Hetzner requires reverification if I recreate/reactivate my account, but I'd assume they would because the account may have been hijacked. Still, don't see why OP is having trouble doing KYC if he passed it once in the past.

Edit: I have been notified. I haven't been paying attention. They explicitly mention that they deactivate and anonymise your account if you are not using their service, so you're in the clear.

Thanked by 1SashkaPro
  • SashkaProSashkaPro Member

@xvps and @Cabbage
    today confirmed that my English is very poor, I apologize for being misleading!

I didn't mean "angry hetzner delete account for nothing" in meaning "idle account" without any active services.
    I mean that "May be hetzner delete your account for "nothing criminal"?" I mean for example you have active dedicated/vps and once upon a time you got email from Hetz that "sorry John Doe we can't longer do business with you".
    And you think that this situation comes from nothing.. You have not any DMCA abuse, your traffic is 10TB per month and you are literally angel. But hetz decided to stop serving you.

That's what I mean.

I apologize for my english one more time. :)