Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Datacenter in Northern Virginia (current 28k / mo AWS spender)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Datacenter in Northern Virginia (current 28k / mo AWS spender)

Hello

We are currently a ~ 30k / month AWS spender. Looking to move some services off of AWS into our our DC. We had a horrible experience with Psychz.net; and would not recommend them at all. Any DC in here able to provide the following?

Our requirements:

• dedicated server(s)
  • be local to Northern Virginia, ideally Ashburn
  • support 10 gbps per server
  • support 100 tb / month bandwidth server

Thanks,

Comments

• fiberstatefiberstate Member, Patron Provider

@casey7398 said:
    Hello

We are currently a ~ 30k / month AWS spender. Looking to move some services off of AWS into our our DC. We had a horrible experience with Psychz.net; and would not recommend them at all. Any DC in here able to provide the following?

Our requirements:

• dedicated server(s)

Thanks,

We could easily help with these requirements if you are open to west coast. What spec servers are you looking for?

• DataWagonDataWagon Member, Patron Provider

Just curious, what didn't work out when you used Psychz in Ashburn?

• TierNetTierNet Member, Patron Provider

Hi there,

We can definitely do this for you in Ashburn, VA. We've also just recently signed for 20 cabinets in a second DC in Ashburn so on-top of our current capacity we have the overhead in the coming months to ramp up.

We can do custom AMD Ryzen, EPYC gen2/3/4 and Intel builds for you at bulk amounts.

Reach out to me with your needs and I'll be able to provide you with a no obligation quote.

• casey7398casey7398 Member

@fiberstate said:

@casey7398 said:
    Hello

Our requirements:

• dedicated server(s)

Thanks,

We could easily help with these requirements if you are open to west coast. What spec servers are you looking for?

Unfortunately we need to be in Ashburn since we have market data (trading) servers nearby and need < 3ms latency to those machines

• kaitkait Member

@crunchbits could you help him out?

• Looks to be solana nodes. Tier.net should be good fit for that.

• Have you tried Racknerd's $11/y VPS yet? Those are called them (very, very) poor man's AWS for a reason.

@totally_not_banned said:
    Have you tried Racknerd's $11/y VPS yet? Those are called them (very, very) poor man's AWS for a reason.

Haha - we aren't that poor. But thanks!

• @casey7398 said:
    Hello

Our requirements:

• dedicated server(s)

Thanks,

Maybe try https://www.equinix.com/products/data-center-services/colocation
    But if not them then some of these providers don't offer dedicated in Virginia; although, if you are spending 30K a month they might be open to it. My pings from Equinix in Ashburn from the lowest to highest are

Misaka Network Inc
    https://www.krypt.com/
    hetzner
    HostZealot
    aws

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@casey7398 QuickPacket is in Ashburn and we can definitely assist. Please DM me and we can discuss further.

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited May 28

<< We had a horrible experience with Psychz.net; and would not recommend them at all >>

What happened with that?
    We utilize them in VA, ands have near zero issues with them, other than expensive remote hands rates.

~ SMARTHOST

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@kait said:
    @crunchbits could you help him out?

Happy to, but Pennsylvania might be a bit far away for sub 3ms latency. I've heard nothing but good things about @qps from colleagues and people I trust @casey7398 so I would definitely look into their offerings.

Thanked by 2kait qps

@SmartHost said:
    << We had a horrible experience with Psychz.net; and would not recommend them at all >>

What happened with that?
    We utilize them in VA, ands have near zero issues with them, other than expensive remote hands rates.

~ SMARTHOST

They billed us for a server that we spun up to test ($324). Then they let us know that we didnt pass 'verification', without ever asking for any verification in the first place. Then they disabled the ability for us to remove / edit our card on file; and then removed the ability for us to even cancel the service.

Finally they (Jason) asked us to use 'paypal instead'. What kind of provider asks for Paypal from a custom who does 30 grand a month in hosting?!

So now we have a dedicated server that we:

a- cant and never had the ability to access
    b- cant cancel the service
    c- cant remove the card from the auto renew portion of the website since it's "locked"
    d - cant reach anyone to help

• vpn2024vpn2024 Member
    edited May 29

DataPacket (dot com) is in Ashburn,

Check if they have PNI with your market data providers, and your AWS region if that's your market data ingestion point, depending on which market data provider and what underlying facility DataPacket use you may even be able to arrange a cross connect via DP (obviously at your expense). How are you currently connected to your market data providers?

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Definitely chat with @qps - know a few folks have moved their way with some/all of their AWS spend to QPS Ashburn.

Thanked by 1qps
  • GoodLeaf-CloudGoodLeaf-Cloud Member, Patron Provider

I can help with NY colo if thats needed

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

@casey7398 If Dual E5-2690v4 is okay for you then we can help in Ashburn, USA

• GeoBeoGeoBeo Member, Patron Provider

@casey7398 I'm sorry to hear you had bad experience, the items you've listed are items that sound like miscommunication somewhere.

I've reached out to see if we can fix this or least give us a chance to go through what happened. Looking forward to speaking with you!

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Votes for @qps as well :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1qps
  • PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

As others said hit up @qps quick packet is great.
    We would suggest us for NY however it doesn't work for you.

Thanked by 1qps
  • conceptconcept Member

Outside of qps, I've been liking OVH's Vint Hill location.

• 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider

@casey7398 said:
    Hello

Our requirements:

• dedicated server(s)

Thanks,

If you need help in the future on the west coast please keep us in mind!

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

Well, if you don't mind using Psychz, but don't want to deal with them directly, we colo in that Herndon VA facility, and can meet your needs I expect.

Reach out to us if interested.

~ SMARTHOST