Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Large storage for file backup needed. Servarica?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Large storage for file backup needed. Servarica?

xieroxxxxieroxxx Member
edited May 28 in Requests

I want to backup a file server somewhere, and i am looking for best long-term and cost effective solution to do so. Im looking at Servaricas $50 / month expanding storage vps, starting at 8TB. Such a solution would work for me, but i want to see if there is anyone offering anything similar at lower / similar pricing, or can do something like this with more daily storage than servarica can offer?

Does not really need to be a server, some sort of FTP / SSH storage would also be fine - But i need to be able to scale it pretty far in the future, and it needs to be stable and trustworthy long-term.

Maybe someone have a pre-started servarica deal who already have expanded a while and can consider transferring it?

Thank you

Comments

• davidedavide Member

Layer7 has (no aff)

• 3x Intel CPU Cores
    • 16GB RAM
    • 120 GB NVMe Disk space
    • up to 1000 Mbit/s port speed
    • 50 TB Traffic incl. per month
    • 7 TB HDD disk size
    • 120 GB NVMe OS disk size

For €14.43 / month (monthly). See product specs (aff)

• davidedavide Member
    edited May 28

@davide said:

• 7 TB HDD disk size

It's 7 TB. For future expansion, these VPSs allow to attach additional storage disks. I don't know if it's possible to grow the size of an existing disk.

• Just295Just295 Member

Buckets. I personally us idrive.com as 10TB is only $300/year * Currently on sale for $150/first year. Currently backup several servers and my desktops.

Thanks,
    Anthony

• muddymuddy Member

I get better performance from iDrive than I do from a standard storage VPS. Either is fine, but unless I got a killer price on a storage VPS, I would probably just go with iDrive.

• JerryHouJerryHou Member

buyvm with slab would be good option, but it's sold out for most of time.

• ShamliShamli Member

@JerryHou said:
    buyvm with slab would be good option, but it's sold out for most of time.

Try look during cancellation day during early month every month...

• VanessaVanessa Member, Patron Provider

@xieroxxx said:
    I want to backup a file server somewhere, and i am looking for best long-term and cost effective solution to do so. Im looking at Servaricas $50 / month expanding storage vps, starting at 8TB. Such a solution would work for me, but i want to see if there is anyone offering anything similar at lower / similar pricing, or can do something like this with more daily storage than servarica can offer?

Does not really need to be a server, some sort of FTP / SSH storage would also be fine - But i need to be able to scale it pretty far in the future, and it needs to be stable and trustworthy long-term.

Maybe someone have a pre-started servarica deal who already have expanded a while and can consider transferring it?

Thank you

Hello, see iwebfusion dedicated server with similar price
    E3-1230v2 (4 cores) Inventory Closeout Special
    E3-1230v2 (4 cores)
    16GB RAM
    8tb hdd
    10TB bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    5 IPv4 + /64 IPv6
    price $54.00 USD/mo @Vanessa please pm me if you are interested in it