Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for either a dedicated machine or beefy VPS in US east, $100 or less.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for either a dedicated machine or beefy VPS in US east, $100 or less.

muddymuddy Member

Busy WooCommerce site. Ideal location would be DC area. NYC area would work as well. Ideally looking to stay at $100/month or less, though I could go slightly higher if the scenario required that.

In a dedicated box, I'm thinking:
at least 8 CPU cores / reasonably recent preferred (I've had pretty good luck with recent Ryzens)
16 GB RAM
500 GB NVME
1 Gbps unmetered ideal or reasonable limits (prob 20+ TB)

Consider those specs minimums, more resources OK.

On the VPS side, Hetzner has some good options starting in the $60-$70 range (either CPX51 or CCX33). I have a bunch of other VPSes with Hetzner in Ashburn, and that has been a great solution for other clients. I have a handful of client sites on Clouvider VPSes as well -- looks like they have some options in the $50+ range as well in NYC area. I've had a shorter time with Clouvider (6 months vs the 2+ years on Hetzner cloud), but I've not had any issues with their services.

I see that both Interserver and Reliablesite have Ryzens (and Xeons) that meet my specs for a dedicated box. I have tested dedis from both of them in the past on short-term basis, but do not have anything currently in production.

Any other options I should be looking at in either of these spaces? I'm anticipating a long-term relationship with the client I'm looking to onboard for this need, so I'm more interested in finding a good, stable fit than I am in finding the absolute possible best deal.

Comments