Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


β€Ί VPS wanted for Tor exit node
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS wanted for Tor exit node

emg88emg88 Member

Hey
I'm interested in buying a year plan VPS for use as a Tor exit node... I'm not sure location matters (question ) . Please let me know offers

Comments

  • conceptconcept Member

    @DataIdeas-Josh can also help.

    Thanked by 1DataIdeas-Josh
  • CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

    @emg88 said: I'm interested in buying a year plan VPS for use as a Tor exit node... I'm not sure location matters (question ) . Please let me know offers

    >

    Hello it's possible give you

    4 Gb ram & 2 core & 30 TB bandwidth / month for 86$/year , write me to PM for make you invoice

    Regards

  • defaultdefault Veteran

    @terrahost might be able to help.

  • conceptconcept Member

    @default said:
    @terrahost might be able to help.

    Unfortunately, you cannot operate a Tor Exit Node on their vps line, You have to buy a Dedicated Server.

  • defaultdefault Veteran

    @concept said:

    @default said:
    @terrahost might be able to help.

    Unfortunately, you cannot operate a Tor Exit Node on their vps line, You have to buy a Dedicated Server.

    You are right. Their terms of service now clearly states "Tor Exit nodes are only permitted on dedicated servers".

  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

    @emg88 said:
    Hey
    I'm interested in buying a year plan VPS for use as a Tor exit node... I'm not sure location matters (question ) . Please let me know offers

    We allow tor nodes and have a very simple AUP https://dataideas.com/acceptable-use-policy.html
    Section 3.1.1

    Thanked by 1emg88
  • defaultdefault Veteran

    @DataIdeas-Josh said:

    @emg88 said:
    Hey
    I'm interested in buying a year plan VPS for use as a Tor exit node... I'm not sure location matters (question ) . Please let me know offers

    We allow tor nodes and have a very simple AUP https://dataideas.com/acceptable-use-policy.html
    Section 3.1.1

    I already imagine a Raspberry Pi Zero running a Tor Exit Node. It's such a beautiful dream.

  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 28

    @default said:

    @DataIdeas-Josh said:

    @emg88 said:
    Hey
    I'm interested in buying a year plan VPS for use as a Tor exit node... I'm not sure location matters (question ) . Please let me know offers

    We allow tor nodes and have a very simple AUP https://dataideas.com/acceptable-use-policy.html
    Section 3.1.1

    I already imagine a Raspberry Pi Zero running a Tor Exit Node. It's such a beautiful dream.

    Might work. although performance wise might be left more to be desired :wink:

  • zGatozGato Member
    edited May 28

    @vsys_host available in Kyiv πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦, Amsterdam πŸ‡³πŸ‡± and Seattle πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

    has:

    • Plan: VS-NVME1-1
    • CPU: 1 core
    • RAM: 1 GB
    • Storage: 10 GB NVMe
    • Unlimited bandwidth @ 200Mbps
    • 1 IPv4

    For: $5 USD/month (or $48 USD/year or $72 USD/biennial)
    affiliated link | non-affiliated

    YABS of my VM with them, with this exact plan

    TOR exit nodes are allowed, and I would recommend you running them in their Kyiv πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ location.

    Thanked by 3emg88 vsys_host 0xC7
  • emg88emg88 Member

    Γ— bump Γ—

  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

    @emg88 said:
    Γ— bump Γ—

    Not many providers care for tor as the abuse it brings into the network and potentially blacklist IPs.

    Thanked by 1emg88
  • edited May 28

    @DataIdeas-Josh said:

    @emg88 said:
    Γ— bump Γ—

    Not many providers care for tor as the abuse it brings into the network and potentially blacklist IPs.

    Yeah, i could recommend one that wouldn't be concerned as long as no blacklist entries pop up but A] i don't want TOR exits in my neighborhood and B] chances of avoiding getting the IP blacklisted for more than a very short amount of time is likely a futile exercise even with a very restrictive exit policy.

  • defaultdefault Veteran

    @totally_not_banned said:

    @DataIdeas-Josh said:

    @emg88 said:
    Γ— bump Γ—

    Not many providers care for tor as the abuse it brings into the network and potentially blacklist IPs.

    Yeah, i could recommend one that wouldn't be concerned as long as no blacklist entries pop up but A] i don't want TOR exits in my neighborhood and B] chances of avoiding getting the IP blacklisted for more than a very short amount of time is likely a futile exercise even with a very restrictive exit policy.

    True, yet Tor is highly useful for privacy and anonymity online. In my opinion it's worth it, because it is for something greater than money.

    Thanked by 1emg88
  • @default said:

    @totally_not_banned said:

    @DataIdeas-Josh said:

    @emg88 said:
    Γ— bump Γ—

    Not many providers care for tor as the abuse it brings into the network and potentially blacklist IPs.

    Yeah, i could recommend one that wouldn't be concerned as long as no blacklist entries pop up but A] i don't want TOR exits in my neighborhood and B] chances of avoiding getting the IP blacklisted for more than a very short amount of time is likely a futile exercise even with a very restrictive exit policy.

    True, yet Tor is highly useful for privacy and anonymity online. In my opinion it's worth it, because it is for something greater than money.

    In general i'd agree but not when that means that it comes near to one of my VPN exits. I'm all for the greater good but not when it means that i'll be clicking fire hydrants and crosswalks all day.

  • SirNeoSirNeo Member

    I don't recommend using a VPS as an exit node (most of the providers that allow TOR don't allow it on VPS, only on dedicate)

    Chose a provider from the official list -here- or some recommendation from my LET thread -here-

  • emg88emg88 Member

    @SirNeo

    Is there a reason for that ??

  • babywhalebabywhale Member

    buyvm / frantech @Francisco

  • zGatozGato Member

    @babywhale said:
    buyvm / frantech @Francisco

    Thanked by 1emg88
  • emg88emg88 Member

    @zGato ty for that and ur right

    Thanked by 1zGato
  • emg88emg88 Member

    Last β€’β€’β€’ bump β€’β€’β€’β€’

Sign In or Register to comment.