Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Looking for a cheap VPS to run a Wireguard VPN server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a cheap VPS to run a Wireguard VPN server

I'm basically looking for whatever will work out cheapest and have good uptime
I'm looking to set up a VPN on a VPS, and am looking for something that will meet the following criteria

  1. dedicated IPv4 and allow full control over the ports
  2. 1gbps speeds, if higher is available then even better, and unmetered or practically unmetered traffic
  3. hardware that will actually let me reach those speeds with wireguard
  4. crypto payments and no KYC
  5. based in the EU
«1

Comments

  • yusrayusra Member

    Wireguard can run even on Nat services with less than 256mb of ram but you need to be more specific on your demands (like how much ram is enough for you given your wireguard setup)

  • Michal212Michal212 Member

    @yusra said:
    Wireguard can run even on Nat services with less than 256mb of ram but you need to be more specific on your demands (like how much ram is enough for you given your wireguard setup)

    I know about it but I want ipv4 without nat

  • davidedavide Member

    BlueVPS has (no aff)

    • Port : 1 Gbps
    • RAID-10 hdd: 20GB
    • CPU: vCore x1
    • RAM: 1 GB
    • IPv4: 1
    • IPv6: 4
    • Bandwidth : Unlimited
    • Estonia

    For $4 / month (quarterly). See product specs (aff)

  • alexhostalexhost Member, Patron Provider

    You can try to use our VPS with 1Gbps in Sweden, Netherlands and Bulgaria

    https://alexhost.com/vps/

    We allow VPN :)

  • Michal212Michal212 Member

    @alexhost said:
    You can try to use our VPS with 1Gbps in Sweden, Netherlands and Bulgaria

    https://alexhost.com/vps/

    We allow VPN :)

    I see on the website that the speed is only 100 MBps

  • Michal212Michal212 Member

    @davide said:
    BlueVPS has (no aff)

    • Port : 1 Gbps
    • RAID-10 hdd: 20GB
    • CPU: vCore x1
    • RAM: 1 GB
    • IPv4: 1
    • IPv6: 4
    • Bandwidth : Unlimited
    • Estonia

    For $4 / month (quarterly). See product specs (aff)

    Would you like to know how many clients can be handled by vps with such parameters?

  • rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

    Hello,

    We can do the below config

    1x AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (4.5 GHz++)
    1GB DDR5 RAM
    25GB NVMe (PCIe 4.0)
    1500GB Bandwidth
    10Gbit Port
    1x IPv4 Address
    /64 IPv6
    DDOS Watch™
    5x FREE Backup Slots
    Automated rDNS
    VirtFusion Control Panel
    Coventry, United Kingdom
    $7.49/month $2.49/month and you can choose to double either cpu, or ram, or nvme, or bandwidth

    If interested in the custom deal, register at https://my.layer.ae and pm me your email address.

    Looking Glass, IPs & Test Files

    Coventry, UK 🇬🇧 (datacenter)
    Looking Glass: https://cov-lg.layer.ae
    IPv4: 207.2.121.3
    IPv6: 2a05:dfc1:7f00:1::a

  • davidedavide Member

    @Michal212 said:
    Would you like to know how many clients can be handled by vps with such parameters?

    I guess it depends on the encryption algorithm. You can refine your question if there are subtleties you'd like to make explicit.

  • Michal212Michal212 Member

    @rsk said:
    Hello,

    We can do the below config

    1x AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (4.5 GHz++)
    1GB DDR5 RAM
    25GB NVMe (PCIe 4.0)
    1500GB Bandwidth
    10Gbit Port
    1x IPv4 Address
    /64 IPv6
    DDOS Watch™
    5x FREE Backup Slots
    Automated rDNS
    VirtFusion Control Panel
    Coventry, United Kingdom
    $7.49/month $2.49/month and you can choose to double either cpu, or ram, or nvme, or bandwidth

    If interested in the custom deal, register at https://my.layer.ae and pm me your email address.

    Looking Glass, IPs & Test Files

    Coventry, UK 🇬🇧 (datacenter)
    Looking Glass: https://cov-lg.layer.ae
    IPv4: 207.2.121.3
    IPv6: 2a05:dfc1:7f00:1::a

    Good offer :smile:
    Is possible unmetered Bandwidth ?

  • zGatozGato Member

    Seems like you want a VPS for a public VPN?

  • yoyekyoyek Member

    BlueVPS does definitely not fall under "no KYC"...
    A while ago I bought a small VPS from them (Warsaw), paid with credit card (with 3D verification and all), and that's what I got from them:

    No other company asked me to send the photo of my card and my documents...
    After me moaning a bit they gave the easier way, but still.
    And then the disk performance and network performance was terrible (network was way below 100Mbit/s, disk around 20 MB/s).
    After owning it for around one day I've applied for refund, they denied the request (despite that their website back then said: "The company grants the 7-days trial period that implies full refunds for the services (except the services indicated before and installation fees) within 30 calendar days after a user has been signed up for the service. To request a full refund, a user must contact the Sales Department of BlueVPS through the ticket system.")

    I had to argue with them for a bit and they refunded in the end.

    Just my two cents about BlueVPS..

    Thanked by 1Michal212
  • Michal212Michal212 Member

    @yoyek said:
    BlueVPS does definitely not fall under "no KYC"...
    A while ago I bought a small VPS from them (Warsaw), paid with credit card (with 3D verification and all), and that's what I got from them:

    No other company asked me to send the photo of my card and my documents...
    After me moaning a bit they gave the easier way, but still.
    And then the disk performance and network performance was terrible (network was way below 100Mbit/s, disk around 20 MB/s).
    After owning it for around one day I've applied for refund, they denied the request (despite that their website back then said: "The company grants the 7-days trial period that implies full refunds for the services (except the services indicated before and installation fees) within 30 calendar days after a user has been signed up for the service. To request a full refund, a user must contact the Sales Department of BlueVPS through the ticket system.")

    I had to argue with them for a bit and they refunded in the end.

    Just my two cents about BlueVPS..

    Thanks for info.

  • Michal212Michal212 Member

    @zGato said:
    Seems like you want a VPS for a public VPN?

    I want to run a wireguard server there.

  • davidedavide Member

    @yoyek: I'll keep that in mind. I know they accept Monero so they shouldn't need an ID document for that.

  • rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

    @Michal212 said:

    @rsk said:
    Hello,

    We can do the below config

    1x AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (4.5 GHz++)
    1GB DDR5 RAM
    25GB NVMe (PCIe 4.0)
    1500GB Bandwidth
    10Gbit Port
    1x IPv4 Address
    /64 IPv6
    DDOS Watch™
    5x FREE Backup Slots
    Automated rDNS
    VirtFusion Control Panel
    Coventry, United Kingdom
    $7.49/month $2.49/month and you can choose to double either cpu, or ram, or nvme, or bandwidth

    If interested in the custom deal, register at https://my.layer.ae and pm me your email address.

    Looking Glass, IPs & Test Files

    Coventry, UK 🇬🇧 (datacenter)
    Looking Glass: https://cov-lg.layer.ae
    IPv4: 207.2.121.3
    IPv6: 2a05:dfc1:7f00:1::a

    Good offer :smile:
    Is possible unmetered Bandwidth ?

    Sorry, we don't provide any unmetered plans.

    Thanked by 1dev_vps
  • Michal212Michal212 Member

    @rsk said:

    @Michal212 said:

    @rsk said:
    Hello,

    We can do the below config

    1x AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (4.5 GHz++)
    1GB DDR5 RAM
    25GB NVMe (PCIe 4.0)
    1500GB Bandwidth
    10Gbit Port
    1x IPv4 Address
    /64 IPv6
    DDOS Watch™
    5x FREE Backup Slots
    Automated rDNS
    VirtFusion Control Panel
    Coventry, United Kingdom
    $7.49/month $2.49/month and you can choose to double either cpu, or ram, or nvme, or bandwidth

    If interested in the custom deal, register at https://my.layer.ae and pm me your email address.

    Looking Glass, IPs & Test Files

    Coventry, UK 🇬🇧 (datacenter)
    Looking Glass: https://cov-lg.layer.ae
    IPv4: 207.2.121.3
    IPv6: 2a05:dfc1:7f00:1::a

    Good offer :smile:
    Is possible unmetered Bandwidth ?

    Sorry, we don't provide any unmetered plans.

    what happens after the given traffic is exhausted?

  • Michal212Michal212 Member

    I send you DM

  • @Michal212 said:

    @zGato said:
    Seems like you want a VPS for a public VPN?

    I want to run a wireguard server there.

    He ask what your use case ? Public VPN ? Torrent ? GOV Spy dodge ? Tor ?
    Not what u gonna do with the server

  • Michal212Michal212 Member

    @kenjing789 said:

    @Michal212 said:

    @zGato said:
    Seems like you want a VPS for a public VPN?

    I want to run a wireguard server there.

    He ask what your use case ? Public VPN ? Torrent ? GOV Spy dodge ? Tor ?
    Not what u gonna do with the server

    VPN for my friend and client .

  • zGatozGato Member

    @Michal212 said:

    @kenjing789 said:

    @Michal212 said:

    @zGato said:
    Seems like you want a VPS for a public VPN?

    I want to run a wireguard server there.

    He ask what your use case ? Public VPN ? Torrent ? GOV Spy dodge ? Tor ?
    Not what u gonna do with the server

    VPN for my friend and client .

    And you're asking for how many clients a server can handle? and unmetered bandwidth?
    nah seems sketchy asf

    Thanked by 1yoyek
  • Michal212Michal212 Member

    @zGato said:

    @Michal212 said:

    @kenjing789 said:

    @Michal212 said:

    @zGato said:
    Seems like you want a VPS for a public VPN?

    I want to run a wireguard server there.

    He ask what your use case ? Public VPN ? Torrent ? GOV Spy dodge ? Tor ?
    Not what u gonna do with the server

    VPN for my friend and client .

    And you're asking for how many clients a server can handle? and unmetered bandwidth?
    nah seems sketchy asf

    why sketchy asf? netcup have this offer VPS piko G11s

    1 vCPU
    1GB RAM
    30GB Pure SSD
    Unmetered Bandwidth
    1x IPv4, /64 IPv6
    1Gbps Port
    Germany

    €0.84 / month

  • yoyekyoyek Member

    @davide said:
    @yoyek: I'll keep that in mind. I know they accept Monero so they shouldn't need an ID document for that.

    I guess so. But my card payment was with Stripe, and even though it went fine they've asked for IDs and card photos..

  • zGatozGato Member

    @Michal212 said:

    @zGato said:

    @Michal212 said:

    @kenjing789 said:

    @Michal212 said:

    @zGato said:
    Seems like you want a VPS for a public VPN?

    I want to run a wireguard server there.

    He ask what your use case ? Public VPN ? Torrent ? GOV Spy dodge ? Tor ?
    Not what u gonna do with the server

    VPN for my friend and client .

    And you're asking for how many clients a server can handle? and unmetered bandwidth?
    nah seems sketchy asf

    why sketchy asf? netcup have this offer VPS piko G11s

    1 vCPU
    1GB RAM
    30GB Pure SSD
    Unmetered Bandwidth
    1x IPv4, /64 IPv6
    1Gbps Port
    Germany

    €0.84 / month

    Register there, you'll see the no KYC :joy:
    Sketchy is asking if a server can handle 2 simultaneous VPN connections, and unmetered bandwidth for what?

  • lukast__lukast__ Member

    @Michal212 said:

    @zGato said:

    @Michal212 said:

    @kenjing789 said:

    @Michal212 said:

    @zGato said:
    Seems like you want a VPS for a public VPN?

    I want to run a wireguard server there.

    He ask what your use case ? Public VPN ? Torrent ? GOV Spy dodge ? Tor ?
    Not what u gonna do with the server

    VPN for my friend and client .

    And you're asking for how many clients a server can handle? and unmetered bandwidth?
    nah seems sketchy asf

    why sketchy asf? netcup have this offer VPS piko G11s

    1 vCPU
    1GB RAM
    30GB Pure SSD
    Unmetered Bandwidth
    1x IPv4, /64 IPv6
    1Gbps Port
    Germany

    €0.84 / month

    Not unmetered, "If the average traffic in the last 24 hours is above 100 Mbps, a temporary throttling to 100 Mbps will occur", and they may ask for your ID or similar.

  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member

    @Michal212 said:

    1 vCPU
    1GB RAM
    30GB Pure SSD
    Unmetered Bandwidth
    1x IPv4, /64 IPv6
    1Gbps Port
    Germany

    €0.84 / month

    You won’t such premium network at this less than $1 coffee price

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Basic Network Info
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Primary Network    : IPv6
     IPv6 Access        : ✔ Online
     IPv4 Access        : ✔ Online
     ISP                : netcup GmbH
     ASN                : AS197540 netcup GmbH
     Host               : NETCUP-GMBH
     Location           : Nuremberg, Bavaria-BY, Germany
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Speedtest.net (Region: EUROPE)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Location         Latency     Loss    DL Speed       UP Speed       Server
    
     Nearest          0.35 ms     0.0%    930.46 Mbps    936.27 Mbps    netcup GmbH - Nuremberg
    
     New York, NY      88.03 ms   0.0%    731.35 Mbps    811.79 Mbps    Surfshark Ltd - New York, NY
     Ashburn, VA       91.43 ms   0.0%    756.90 Mbps    918.43 Mbps    Rackdog - Ashburn, VA
     Charlotte, NC    116.77 ms   N/A     927.52 Mbps   1046.99 Mbps    Windstream - Charlotte, NC
     Atlanta, GA      110.52 ms   0.0%    808.11 Mbps    732.11 Mbps    i3D.net - Atlanta, GA
     Dallas, TX       116.26 ms   0.0%    836.66 Mbps   1056.78 Mbps    Hivelocity - Dallas, TX
     Houston, TX      125.96 ms   0.0%    842.59 Mbps    682.35 Mbps    Ezee Fiber - Houston, TX
     Kansas, MO       120.14 ms   0.0%    762.84 Mbps   1008.95 Mbps    Nocix - Kansas City, MO
     Minneapolis, MN  111.34 ms   0.0%    821.00 Mbps   1035.99 Mbps    US Internet - Minneapolis, MN
     Chicago, IL      109.10 ms   0.0%    787.54 Mbps    787.42 Mbps    Enzu.com - Chicago, IL
     Cleveland, OH     98.51 ms   N/A     906.56 Mbps   1027.75 Mbps    Windstream - Cleveland, OH
     Albuquerque, NM  139.97 ms   N/A     681.03 Mbps    629.66 Mbps    Comcast - Albuquerque, NM
     Denver, CO       129.54 ms   0.0%    890.05 Mbps    696.36 Mbps    T-Mobile Fiber | Intrepid - Denver, CO
     Portland, OR     161.76 ms   N/A     536.27 Mbps   1142.67 Mbps    CenturyLink - Portland, OR
     Las Vegas, NV    234.11 ms   N/A     653.96 Mbps    281.21 Mbps    Dish Wireless - Las Vegas, NV
     Salt Lake, UT    134.52 ms   N/A     726.76 Mbps    904.72 Mbps    Novva Data Centers - Salt Lake City, UT
     Phoenix, AZ      129.45 ms   0.0%    895.15 Mbps    659.90 Mbps    Xiber LLC - Phoenix, AZ
     Los Angeles, CA  143.75 ms   0.0%    798.94 Mbps    519.25 Mbps    ReliableSite Hosting - Los Angeles, CA
     San Jose, CA     151.69 ms   0.0%    772.40 Mbps   1054.76 Mbps    Misaka Network, Inc. - San Jose, CA
     Spokane, WA      151.44 ms   0.0%    617.62 Mbps    570.67 Mbps    Crunchbits - Spokane, WA
    
     Zurich, CH        9.74 ms    0.0%    939.82 Mbps   1000.70 Mbps    Sunrise Communication AG - Zurich
     London, UK       16.34 ms    0.0%    942.73 Mbps   1004.53 Mbps    RETN - London
     Manchester, UK   21.86 ms    N/A     709.04 Mbps   1006.69 Mbps    Vodafone UK - Manchester
     Dublin, IE       22.35 ms    0.0%    909.75 Mbps   1077.05 Mbps    Three Ireland - Dublin
     Amsterdam, NL    23.50 ms    0.0%    807.71 Mbps   1002.85 Mbps    Melbicom - Amsterdam
     Eygelshoen, NL   26.39 ms    0.0%    741.73 Mbps   1052.79 Mbps    SkyLink Data Center BV - Eygelshoven
     Paris, FR        32.59 ms    0.0%    893.29 Mbps    991.33 Mbps    Scaleway - Paris
     Marseille, FR    20.23 ms    N/A     809.46 Mbps   1006.49 Mbps    ORANGE FRANCE - Marseille
     Madrid, ES       29.76 ms    0.0%    879.91 Mbps   1010.11 Mbps    Orange - Madrid
     Barcelona, ES    36.08 ms    0.0%    782.58 Mbps    955.87 Mbps    Adamo - Barcelona
     Lisbon, PT       50.15 ms    0.0%    858.86 Mbps   1005.57 Mbps    Edgoo Networks - Lisbon
     Rome, IT         25.37 ms    0.0%    915.51 Mbps    878.67 Mbps    TIM SpA - Rome
     Milan, IT        13.30 ms    0.0%    928.49 Mbps   1012.75 Mbps    Fastweb SpA - Milan
     Berlin, DE       18.95 ms    0.0%    873.48 Mbps    486.61 Mbps    Misaka Network, Inc. - Berlin
     Vienna, AT       11.78 ms    0.0%    916.77 Mbps   1019.16 Mbps    A1 Telekom Austria AG - Vienna
     Budapest, HU     11.91 ms    0.0%    927.66 Mbps   1012.50 Mbps    ATW Internet Kft. - Budapest
     Gdansk, PL       23.17 ms    0.0%    692.91 Mbps   1010.27 Mbps    T-Mobile Polska S.A. - Gdańsk
     Lviv, UA         35.64 ms    0.0%    891.76 Mbps   1002.98 Mbps    Kyivstar - Lviv
     Kyiv, UA         30.63 ms    0.0%    865.48 Mbps    931.94 Mbps    O3 - Kyiv
     Bucharest, RO    31.97 ms    0.0%    875.79 Mbps    974.67 Mbps    Orange Romania SA - Bucuresti
     Timisoara, RO    19.18 ms    0.0%    887.08 Mbps   1007.82 Mbps    Digi
     Helsinki, FI     30.53 ms    0.0%    815.84 Mbps    979.75 Mbps    Elisa Oyj - Helsinki
     Stockholm, SE    37.96 ms    0.0%    766.93 Mbps    976.92 Mbps    i3D.net - Stockholm
     Oslo, NO         22.39 ms    0.0%    704.11 Mbps   1006.28 Mbps    Telia Norge AS - Oslo
     Moscow, RU       35.44 ms    0.0%    922.68 Mbps   1000.20 Mbps    MTS - Moscow
     Petersburg, RU   38.51 ms    0.0%    878.53 Mbps    945.06 Mbps    MegaFon - Saint Petersburg
     Istanbul, TR     37.20 ms    0.0%    876.46 Mbps    983.86 Mbps    Turkcell - Istanbul                                            
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    
    
  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member

    @lukast__ said:

    @Michal212 said:

    @zGato said:

    @Michal212 said:

    @kenjing789 said:

    @Michal212 said:

    @zGato said:
    Seems like you want a VPS for a public VPN?

    I want to run a wireguard server there.

    He ask what your use case ? Public VPN ? Torrent ? GOV Spy dodge ? Tor ?
    Not what u gonna do with the server

    VPN for my friend and client .

    And you're asking for how many clients a server can handle? and unmetered bandwidth?
    nah seems sketchy asf

    why sketchy asf? netcup have this offer VPS piko G11s

    1 vCPU
    1GB RAM
    30GB Pure SSD
    Unmetered Bandwidth
    1x IPv4, /64 IPv6
    1Gbps Port
    Germany

    €0.84 / month

    Not unmetered, "If the average traffic in the last 24 hours is above 100 Mbps, a temporary throttling to 100 Mbps will occur",
    and they may ask for your ID or similar.

    That is one TB over 24 hour period before throttling kicks in.

  • Michal212Michal212 Member

    @rsk said:

    @Michal212 said:

    @rsk said:
    Hello,

    We can do the below config

    1x AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (4.5 GHz++)
    1GB DDR5 RAM
    25GB NVMe (PCIe 4.0)
    1500GB Bandwidth
    10Gbit Port
    1x IPv4 Address
    /64 IPv6
    DDOS Watch™
    5x FREE Backup Slots
    Automated rDNS
    VirtFusion Control Panel
    Coventry, United Kingdom
    $7.49/month $2.49/month and you can choose to double either cpu, or ram, or nvme, or bandwidth

    If interested in the custom deal, register at https://my.layer.ae and pm me your email address.

    Looking Glass, IPs & Test Files

    Coventry, UK 🇬🇧 (datacenter)
    Looking Glass: https://cov-lg.layer.ae
    IPv4: 207.2.121.3
    IPv6: 2a05:dfc1:7f00:1::a

    Good offer :smile:
    Is possible unmetered Bandwidth ?

    Sorry, we don't provide any unmetered plans.

    I send DM

  • alexhostalexhost Member, Patron Provider

    @Michal212 said:

    @alexhost said:
    You can try to use our VPS with 1Gbps in Sweden, Netherlands and Bulgaria

    https://alexhost.com/vps/

    We allow VPN :)

    I see on the website that the speed is only 100 MBps

    That is for Moldova location only.
    Check our new Location in Bulgaria for example:
    https://alexhost.com/vps/vps-europe/vps-bulgaria/

    We have discount for Bulgaria VPS, you can find here:
    https://alexhost.com/promo/

    We have Sweden, Netherlands also which you can change during the order.

    Alexhost

  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member

    @rsk said:
    Hello,

    We can do the below config

    1x AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (4.5 GHz++)
    1GB DDR5 RAM
    25GB NVMe (PCIe 4.0)
    1500GB Bandwidth
    10Gbit Port
    1x IPv4 Address
    /64 IPv6
    DDOS Watch™
    5x FREE Backup Slots
    Automated rDNS
    VirtFusion Control Panel
    Coventry, United Kingdom
    $7.49/month $2.49/month and you can choose to double either cpu, or ram, or nvme, or bandwidth

    If interested in the custom deal, register at https://my.layer.ae and pm me your email address.

    Looking Glass, IPs & Test Files

    Coventry, UK 🇬🇧 (datacenter)
    Looking Glass: https://cov-lg.layer.ae
    IPv4: 207.2.121.3
    IPv6: 2a05:dfc1:7f00:1::a

    +1 for @rsk
    Solid VPS with excellent support

    Thanked by 1rsk
  • Michal212Michal212 Member

    @dev_vps said:

    @rsk said:
    Hello,

    We can do the below config

    1x AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (4.5 GHz++)
    1GB DDR5 RAM
    25GB NVMe (PCIe 4.0)
    1500GB Bandwidth
    10Gbit Port
    1x IPv4 Address
    /64 IPv6
    DDOS Watch™
    5x FREE Backup Slots
    Automated rDNS
    VirtFusion Control Panel
    Coventry, United Kingdom
    $7.49/month $2.49/month and you can choose to double either cpu, or ram, or nvme, or bandwidth

    If interested in the custom deal, register at https://my.layer.ae and pm me your email address.

    Looking Glass, IPs & Test Files

    Coventry, UK 🇬🇧 (datacenter)
    Looking Glass: https://cov-lg.layer.ae
    IPv4: 207.2.121.3
    IPv6: 2a05:dfc1:7f00:1::a

    +1 for @rsk
    Solid VPS with excellent support

    Thanks I contact @rsk DM
    Can you share yabs ?

Sign In or Register to comment.