Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ErrantWeb renaming to Srvis
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ErrantWeb renaming to Srvis

joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Got this e-mail from ErrantWeb:

We are the same company, same people, same services.

ErrantWeb has been around for two years now. In that time we have grown, and we have shrunk. We've updated, and we've had our fallbacks. One thing that we did not expect was the large amount of interest in our services. Sadly that has led us to slower than desired support response times. Unorganized products and overall a service that we think left something to be desired of.

Moving forward we are going to be fixing all of that. One of the first changes that we made was registering our business with the state of Michigan. We did choose to use a different name than ErrantWeb, even though everyone knows us as ErrantWeb, we think that we have a better name than that. Something that is easily remembered, and more professional. That name is Srvis (pronounced Service). From this point on all of our billing transactions and support will be going through the Srvis.com website. That does mean that there will be a few changes that you must make on your end if you have any payment subscriptions to our current ErrantWeb PayPal account. To view how to cancel a subscription please take a look at the knowlege base on Srvis.com:

All of Srvis’ billing is separate from ErrantWeb, we will offer refunds to any payments that are made to ErrantWeb no questions asked from this point forward (Jan 3rd 2014 10PM EST), so that you can pay Srvis. Any payments made before the ErrantWeb name change does not need to be refunded and they will be marked as PAID in your account.

Some good changes out of this name change include:

• Redundant Nameservers for Shared Hosting
  • Website Builder for Shared Hosting
  • Upgraded Hardware for VPS services (coming soon)
  • KVM Re-launching in Detroit on new hardware
  • Faster Support Responses
  • Easier Website and Hosting Packages
  • Cheaper IPv4 Addresses (coming soon)

To access your billing portal:

http://srvis.com/portal/

The ErrantWeb.com/client/ will redirect you to the Srvis billing portal automatically.

All of your login information is the same as ErrantWeb.com

For support:

http://srvis.com/portal/submitticket.php

Call us:

(855) 377-2689

At this time there are no changes to our services. This means that the current means of accessing them will remain online. However to access SolusVM or our cPanel we do have new urls (even though the old ones will be functional).

SolusVM:

http://my.srvis.com

cPanel:

http://webhost.srvis.com

We have no plans on ending the support of the free "yoursite.errantnet.com" service, this will remain online.

We hope to make this as smooth of a change as possible, so staff will be ready to answer and assist you with any questions that you may have. Remember this is the same staff, and the same services, just a different name.

We hope that all of you understand why we have made these changes and we hope to have you as a customer for many years to come.

Regards,

Travis Waye
ErrantWeb.com / Srvis.com
[email protected]

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho

Comments

• SrvisLLCSrvisLLC Member
    edited January 2014

@joepie91

Thank you for sharing this Joe, if anyone has any questions about the future of ErrantWeb please do ask. I still will be the main guy at ErrantWeb (now Srvis). I was going to post about this but I've just been working on making sure this is a smooth transition with little to no hiccups before I went spreading the news.

I hope everyone understands the changes that are being made. Such as becoming a registered business; which we think is one of the most important changes made. Also moving people off of the hardware that we launched with two years ago. We're still here for the long haul, and hope to have many many years sticking with the LowEndTalk / LowEndBox community.

Some great deals and giveaways are coming soon so stay tuned. :)

Regards,
    Travis W.
    [email protected]

If anyone has any questions to discuss over the phone I am available at (855) 377-2689 x700

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

The old name was btter (pronounced "better").

• Steve Jobs quote on the site? Made me cringe.

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • It sounds and looks like Saavis imo.

• Hmm, srvis.com isn't loading right now.

The servers that run srvis.com are having some trouble. This is usually just a temporary problem, so you might want to try again in a few minutes.

• @NateN34 said:
    Hmm, srvis.com isn't loading right now.

The servers that run srvis.com are having some trouble. This is usually just a temporary problem, so you might want to try again in a few minutes.

why would you thank yourself? i will flag this.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • skybucks100skybucks100 Member
    edited January 2014

I liked the old name better, especially the mascot :(

Forgot to give a reasoning about the name:

If you're having a conversation with someone and you say "My website is hosted with srvis.com" they'll think service.com not srvis.com. "My website is hosted with ErrantWeb.com" plain and simple. Just my thoughts at least.

• @dragz said:
    why would you thank yourself? i will flag this.

That's just his signature...

Thanked by 2Grimmy2 NateN34
  • @concerto49 said:
    It sounds and looks like Saavis imo.

Was thinking exactly the same, first thing that came to mind.

• I appreciate all of the feedback on the name change. I promise that this is something that is good. With KVM relaunching soon, OpenVZ getting new hardware, and IPv4 space getting cheaper. We're going to be able to offer more discounts and deals to the LowEndTalk community, while providing a better overall experience.

As suggested I've removed the quote that was all over the site. If anyone has any more suggestions I'd be happy to hear them.

• I read this announcement this morning. Fifteen minutes later I couldn't remember for the life of me how to spell the new domain name.

Please don't take this as criticism, it could be Alzheimer's.

• @sleddog said:
    I read this announcement this morning. Fifteen minutes later I couldn't remember for the life of me how to spell the new domain name.

Please don't take this as criticism, it could be Alzheimer's.

It's pretty easy to remember if you type it in a few times. Also the ErrantWeb client area will redirect you to the new billing portal. :)