Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bare Metal provider with private network
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bare Metal provider with private network

AnvmeAnvme Member
edited May 19 in Requests

Hello!

I'm searching for a provider with an available private network between servers from the box

Many providers have private networks, but what do we have? I tried Hostkey, and after 1 week I still have no private access between servers.

Give me please good provider recommendation, please

Thanked by 1jfreak53

Comments

• xieroxxxxieroxxx Member

Ovh?

Thanked by 1Anvme
  • AnvmeAnvme Member

OVH has installation fee> @xieroxxx said:

Ovh?

Installation fee or commitment - that's sad

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

We can offer that, free with atleast two servers and subnet.

• AthorioAthorio Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 19

Our cloud is capable to do that out of the box, feel free to test the machines, all cloud machines are dedicated resources.

Otherwise we could offer you to setup some dedicated machines as well.
    If you rent at least 3 machines, which are semi anual payed, up to 40G internal network possible.

• 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider

@Anvme said:
    Hello!

I'm searching for a provider with an available private network between servers from the box

Many providers have private networks, but what do we have? I tried Hostkey, and after 1 week I still have no private access between servers.

We offer a private network but there is a one time setup fee.

• DataWagonDataWagon Member, Patron Provider

We could do this if you purchase 2 or more servers.

• layer7layer7 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@Anvme said:
    Hello!

Hi,

at best you write down what exactly you need ( cpu/ram/disk/network/what ever ) and how many times ( how many servers ) and other requirements ( private vlan ) so you will get here some offers for sure.

• HotmarerHotmarer Member

Hetzner

• packet.net, now equinix private metal provides private net and free transport between all their datacenters. (maybe just within a metro since the equinix takeover?)
    they also have hourly and spot prices, which is nice.
    not the cheapest, but awesome quality.

IIRC, all the big guns also provide private net, usually for free. AWS, IBM, Oracle, even GCP... pls correct me if I'm wrong.

• layer7layer7 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@grooveuser said:

IIRC, all the big guns also provide private net, usually for free. AWS, IBM, Oracle, even GCP... pls correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi,

thats right. They do. But they are also 10-15? times bigger guns in term of pricing compared to what providers from here would charge. And they dont give physical servers ( afaik ), while at least to me its unclear if the topic opener refers to virtual or physical servers.

• bare metal means bare metal.
    I thought the topic was pretty clear, no?
    althought,

you're right about the pricing. they're WAY more expensive. but if you need something quick and dirty, the hourly rates are tolerable. and the backend private networks are pretty awesome. IIRC, much of packet's baremetal fleet is 25gb+ nics.

All the big guns have various bare metal offerings now. I've personally used AWS and Oracle offerings. watch out for the hidden fees. they add up quick.

• also, several of the lowend IXP providers also provide fairly cheap dedis at the exchange points they're in. several of them post here! often!
    @yoursunny comes to mind first (though I've never done business with any of their services.)
    ifog.ch also rings a bell, though I don't think they interact much here.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@grooveuser said:
    also, several of the lowend IXP providers also provide fairly cheap dedis at the exchange points they're in. several of them post here! often!
    @yoursunny comes to mind first (though I've never done business with any of their services.)

Thank you for your feedback.

• HivelocityHivelocity Member, Patron Provider

We provide this feature free of charge. Please let me know if we can be of any assistance.

• jfreak53jfreak53 Member, Patron Provider

We provide this service free of charge, and its on the order form. Not only do we provide an internal network but its completely separated from the rest by different switches entirely.

If you select it on the order form your order is activated with this service from the start.

www.microtronixdc.com

• Maybe @Clouvider, @MrRadic , @DataIdeas-Josh or @AlexBarakov
    Forgot if @Hybula sells metal, could bug @RickBakkr too.

Oh was about to forget about @SmartHost

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@inthecloudblog said:
    Maybe @Clouvider, @MrRadic , @DataIdeas-Josh or @AlexBarakov
    Forgot if @Hybula sells metal, could bug @RickBakkr too.

Oh was about to forget about @SmartHost

Thanks for recommending us.

We can definitely accommodate. Both within, and between metro/country.

Many thanks,
    Dominik

• MrRadicMrRadic Member, Host Rep, Veteran

@Anvme said:
    Hello!

We provide private networks (within the same data center) free of charge.

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider

Hello!

We can do "Private Networking" betwen bare-metal/dedicated servers.

This is free when its in the same location (ie: amsterdam, vienna,...)

Delivery is in the form of a second network cable and private VLAN between any servers you have in the same physical location.

We can also do a private vlan/L2 type connection between servers in our amsterdam and vienna locations (with guraanteed bandwithths starting at 1Gbit/s) - However this one does have a bit of price tag.)

For details please open a ticket on MyRootPW.com

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

QuickPacket can offer private networks between servers. We have several different ways of approaching this depending on your requirements. Feel free to DM me to discuss further.

• vsys_hostvsys_host Member, Patron Provider

@Anvme said:
    Hello!

We are here!
    VLAN is provided absolutely free, a 1Gbps physical link will only cost you $10/month, and a 10Gbps physical link price is only $25/month.

• GoodLeaf-CloudGoodLeaf-Cloud Member, Patron Provider

Hello we can facilitate this

• ksoutarksoutar Member, Host Rep

where are you looking? we are able to provide this.

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

We provide this for 2+ servers at no extra cost or anything.

• RHCHostingRHCHosting Member, Host Rep

@Anvme , have you found what you're looking for? If not, what specs do you need and happy to provide you with a private network with (as others mentioned) min, 2 servers. Let us know your exact hardware requirements.

• VanessaVanessa Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 29

iwebfusion support private vlan.
    Private VLAN is typically just +$5 / mo for a 2nd port or $10 / mo for 10Gbps port
    @Vanessa

• RoyaleHostingRoyaleHosting Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 29

@Anvme said:
    Hello!

We are able to offer this on any dedicated server we offer at no additional charge (minimum 2 servers).