Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Netcup a Hetzner alternative?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is Netcup a Hetzner alternative?

EmounEmoun Member

Hetzner disabled my verified account due to inactivity for over a year. Now, I am looking for an alternative VPS provider in Europe. My requirement is to host WordPress site for under $10/month.

I found the Netcup G11 root server, but I am not sure about this provider.

Can anyone please suggest an alternative?

Comments

• COLBYLICIOUSCOLBYLICIOUS Member
    edited May 18

Yes, they are pretty good but in my opinion the biggest minus is the minimum months contract.

Anyway, you can check Avoro for an very good server with dedicated cores in Germany. You can PM to @dataforest here on forum or open an ticket on their website for further questions.

• HostWildHostWild Member, Host Rep
    edited May 18

Hello! @Emoun

If you looking for a VPS to host WordPress sites only!
    I highly recommend you our Rapid cPanel Hosting:

(It will save your high VPS cost and configuration time)

• Host 3 Websites
    • Intel® Xeon Gold 6242R (3.1 GHz)
    • 2 vCPU / 4 GB DDR3 RAM
    • 30 GB SSD (NVMe) Storage
    • 10 Databases
    • 10 Email Accounts
    • Free SSL (Let's Encrypt)
    • cPanel Access Included
    • LiteSpeed Web Server + LS Cache
    • 1 IP Address
    • 1 Gbps Network Port
    • DDOS Protected
    • Unlimited Bandwith

Cost: $4.95/Month (Yearly Billing with 20% Off)

• xieroxxxxieroxxx Member

Netcup is great, nothing bad to say other than the long contracts on some servers.

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

For Germany, we recommend speaking with @v3ng

Thanked by 1v3ng
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

Regarding netcup, one can have a monthly contract and pay monthly, but this costs more

(Promotions typically have a first-year commitment)

• JosephFJosephF Member

@angstrom said:
    Regarding netcup, one can have a monthly contract and pay monthly, but this costs more

How does their monthly pricing compare to Hetzner?

How do the two compare, price-wise, annually?

@JosephF said:

@angstrom said:

How does their monthly pricing compare to Hetzner?

How do the two compare, price-wise, annually?

You know, you could easily check this yourself!

• EmounEmoun Member

@COLBYLICIOUS said:
    Yes, they are pretty good but in my opinion the biggest minus is the minimum months contract.

Anyway, you can check Avoro for an very good server with dedicated cores in Germany. You can PM to @dataforest here on forum or open an ticket on their website for further questions.

Are these two hosts same company?

Avoro / php-friends.

I have seen @dataforest is promoting php-friends in this forum.

• @Emoun said:

@COLBYLICIOUS said:

Avoro / php-friends.

Yes, same company. Avoro is a prepaid hosting and php-friends is using contracts

@BilohBucks said:

@Emoun said:

@COLBYLICIOUS said:

Avoro / php-friends.

Yes, same company. Avoro is a prepaid hosting and php-friends is using contracts

Or two brands (Avoro, PHP-Friends) from the same company (dataforest)

• EmounEmoun Member

Can anyone please explain how a 12-month contract works?

Does it mean we are bound to use services for the 12-month duration without cancellation?

How do contracts get renewed after 12 months?

Netcup: 12-month contract, billed monthly

Php-friends: 12-month contract, billed quarterly

Avoro: No contract, Prepaid monthly,

• @Emoun said:

Can anyone please explain how a 12-month contract works?

Does it mean we are bound to use services for the 12-month duration without cancellation?

How do contracts get renewed after 12 months?

Netcup: 12-month contract, billed monthly

Php-friends: 12-month contract, billed quarterly

Avoro: No contract, Prepaid monthly,

if in doubt, take avoro

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • saobilinsaobilin Member

But I think it's difficult for anyone to beat Hetzner on the price of Dedicated servers :)

• sassliksasslik Member

noo

• JosephFJosephF Member

@sasslik said:
    noo

Do you care to elaborate on why you feel that way?

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@JosephF said:

@sasslik said:
    noo

Do you care to elaborate on why you feel that way?

noo

Thanked by 2sasslik COLBYLICIOUS
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

if you do sign up with nut cup, be advised they take those contracts seriously. They will come to your country and chase you with debt collectors if needed.

• siemenssiemens Member

@Emoun said: Can anyone please explain how a 12-month contract works?

Imagine you take a loan from a bank for the total price of 12 months and you repay it every month.

• StrypStryp Member

You could also take a look at Prepaid-Host. Great value servers, amazing performance and truly unbeatable prices (if you combine sales and top-up bonus cash offers).

• EmounEmoun Member
    edited May 19

Root Server Specs comparison.

Parameter Avoro (Epyc - S) PHP-Friends (vServer S SSD G3 AMD) Netcup (RS 1000 G11)
    CPU AMD EPYC AMD EPYC 7452 AMD EPYC™ 9634
    Cores 4 dedicated cores 2 dedicated cores 4 dedicated cores
    RAM 8GB DDR4 ECC 10GB DDR4 ECC 8GB DDR5 ECC
    Storage 160GB NVMe SSD 80GB NVMe 256GB NVMe SSD
    Network 10 Gbit/s shared 1 GBit/s connection 2.5 Gbps
    Price €9.00 / month €8.99 / month (12 months contract) €9.81 / month (12 months contract)
  • lukast__lukast__ Member

@Emoun said:

Parameter Avoro (Epyc - S) PHP-Friends (vServer S SSD G3 AMD) Netcup (RS 1000 G11)
    Price €9.00 / month €8.99 / month (12 months contract) €9.81 / month (12 months contract)

Two things: the Avoro servers will come to PHP-Friends (somewhen) (likely cheaper), and IIRC the current PHP-Friends servers also have 10 Gbit/s burst and 1 Gbit/s guaranteered.

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • EmounEmoun Member
    edited May 20

Both Avoro & Php-friends operates under the umbrella of Dataforest Gmbh but they support different payment methods.

Avoro Support confirmed via support ticket.

[Q] Do you accept WISE payments or SEPA transfers/Direct Debit?

[Avoro Support] no, only on PHP-Friends.

Isn't it strange? @dataforest

• KodisKodis Member

Now on Netcup, used Hetzner both work great.

• Does Avoro/Netcup have good DDoS Protection?

• @COLBYLICIOUS said:
    Does Avoro/Netcup have good DDoS Protection?

you have ddos protection, but i can't say for sure whether this is good. @dataforest would have to comment on this.

Thanked by 1COLBYLICIOUS
  • xvpsxvps Member

Netcup has a 30 day satisfaction guarantee where you can cancel and get your money back.

• EmounEmoun Member

@COLBYLICIOUS said:

DDOS Protection is not a Joke, My domain Registrar Cloudflare provides Free DDos Protection at DNS level along with Bots Protection, DNSsec, ZeroTrust and firewall rules.

Even big 3 Cloud hosting do not provide DDos protection. Instead they provide a Layer 3 Hardware Firewall to their clients to block ports and blacklist/whitelist IP addresses.

Is firewall available to clients on Netcup, Avoro or Php-friends? @dataforest

• EmounEmoun Member

@lukast__ said:

@Emoun said:

Two things: the Avoro servers will come to PHP-Friends (somewhen) (likely cheaper), and IIRC the current PHP-Friends servers also have 10 Gbit/s burst and 1 Gbit/s guaranteered.

Both Avoro & Php-friends are using (2018) Gen2 AMD EPYC 7452 / 7523 for their Root/vServer lineup.

On the other hand Netcup offers Gen4 AMD EPYC 9634 which is a beast CPU connected with DDR5 RAM whereas their prices are almost same.

• lukast__lukast__ Member

@Emoun said:

@lukast__ said:

@Emoun said:

Both Avoro & Php-friends are using (2018) Gen2 AMD EPYC 7452 / 7523 for their Root/vServer lineup.

And soon also 7763, and Avoro also has in their Ryzen/Compute servers 9374F CPUs which are nearly as fast as new Ryzen 7950X3D CPUs (@hyperblast can confirm).

On the other hand Netcup offers Gen4 AMD EPYC 9634 which is a beast CPU connected with DDR5 RAM whereas their prices are almost same.

They are not completely comparable, as
    1. The performance of the netcup servers drastically reduced as soon as the nodes were filled, from single core GB6 2000 to 1400
    2. Dataforest has 10 Gbit/s, netcup 2.5 Gbit/s
    3. The disk speeds of Avoro servers simply is far faster: the Epyc servers reach 50k IOPS and 10 GB/s, the Ryzen/Compute servers 100k IOPS and 30 GB/s (@hyperblast a new YABS would be nice), but the netcup servers have more disk space
    4. @dataforest's support simply is far faster and better (I once tried netcup, the support needed multiple days to answer and I also read in netcup's customer forum about some rather unpleasant experiences with their support)
    5. With netcup you have to pay extra if you want to chose where your server will be located (either Germany or Austria)

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

@Emoun said:
    Both Avoro & Php-friends operates under the umbrella of Dataforest Gmbh but they support different payment methods.

Avoro Support confirmed via support ticket.

[Q] Do you accept WISE payments or SEPA transfers/Direct Debit?

[Avoro Support] no, only on PHP-Friends.

Isn't it strange? @dataforest

Hi,

Avoro is prepaid, because of that we only offer payment methods which supports instant delivering of our products.

@Emoun said:

@COLBYLICIOUS said:

DDOS Protection is not a Joke, My domain Registrar Cloudflare provides Free DDos Protection at DNS level along with Bots Protection, DNSsec, ZeroTrust and firewall rules.

Even big 3 Cloud hosting do not provide DDos protection. Instead they provide a Layer 3 Hardware Firewall to their clients to block ports and blacklist/whitelist IP addresses.

Is firewall available to clients on Netcup, Avoro or Php-friends? @dataforest

Firewall is available through our DDoS-Panel, only 20 rules are possible right now, more to come later.

@Emoun said:

@lukast__ said:

@Emoun said:

Right now: 7513, 7452 and new hostsystems with 9754 coming asap.

Thanked by 3lukast__ Emoun nick_