Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows Sysprep Install on OVH Rescue-Pro
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows Sysprep Install on OVH Rescue-Pro

n0myn0my Member

Does anyone has instruction on how to install windows server 2008 r2 unattended on an OVH dedicated sever in Rescue mode?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2014

You can auto install with your own key right? At least I thought you could in manager v3. Been a while and I'm on manager v5 in BHS so legit asking :P

• I have a few servers with OVH, older ones indeed have the option to select Windows as OS. But the newer ones like SoYouStart and newer Kimsufi don't have it. The only Windows Distro I can find is the Hyper-V Server 2008 R2.

Last time I contacted OVH, they said they didn't have other version of windows because of hardware incompatibility yet I see people install windows via Rescue-Pro. I know the windows install must be preped. Any guide will be useful.

I have the key for windows and I can add it via managerv5. But I don't think it will be used since it will be added in sysprep.ini

Thanked by 1jar
  • can you not use remote setup? (via linux imaging/deployment) thats how they previously did it?

Thanked by 1n0my
  • Can I please have instructions for Linux Imaging and and deployment? I think that's exactly what I'm looking for.

• c0yc0y Member

Use qemu or write a prepared backup using dd

Think of something like

qemu -hda /dev/sda -iso [webdav/nfs/ram stored iso] -m 2048

Or maybe

dd bs=4M if=wintmpl.img of=/dev/sda
    Thanked by 1n0my