Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ovh Dedicated Server serious payment problem
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ovh Dedicated Server serious payment problem

georgekgeorgek Member
edited May 12 in Help

I am dealing with a serious problem with an Ovh dedicated server I have ordered.

My initial order was at 7 April, with commitment of 12 months and monthly payment.
My automatic renewal date was at 8 May. I had a valid payment method with enough money to cover the costs of the renewal but nothing happened at 8 May.

I still have access to my dedi server and its working just fine. I never received a payment reminder from them in my email. Nothing at all. My server still working.

I am afraid of suspension so I credited my account with 20 dollars. The renewal cost was 18.39 dollars. Still credit is in my account, today 12/5/2024 and the server works as expected. No email from ovh for payment reminder, risk of suspension nothing. Invoice was also not generated at the renewal date. Nothing at all.

So what is happening? Any idea?

Thnx in advance for any help and sorry for my bad english.

When I choose bring forward payment i recieved this message. The service xxxxxxx is not renewable: .
I tried with their api (ca.ovh) to set payment to manual but i get an error that is not possible.

I also opened a support ticket days ago. No answer at all (ticket number 9660764)

I also called support line (Canada) and says this option is not available right now open a ticket. I am using the server for archiving purposes, download file to it and upload them to Ovh Cold archive solution, several TBs and I cannot be afraid of every minute if ovh decides to suspend it.

Comments

• balrammbalramm Member, Host Rep

@georgek said: I also opened a support ticket days ago. No answer at all (ticket number 9660764)

Wait for a few decades, and they will respond.
    Their support sucks, no matter if it is technical or billing

Based on my experience, they usually suspend around 8-10 days after the due date. Additionally, you can check your invoice in the OVH panel and manually make a payment. If you do not see an invoice, there may be a technical any issue with account, in that case support can only help.

• georgekgeorgek Member

@balramm There is no invoice in my control panel. Only the first invoice when I ordered the server from ovh at 7 April which is marked as paid. The automatic renewal was at 8 May. No invoice generated. I have the commitment of 12 months, otherwise I will just ordered a vps from another provider.

• edited May 12

@georgek said:
    @balramm There is no invoice in my control panel. Only the first invoice when I ordered the server from ovh at 7 April which is marked as paid. The automatic renewal was at 8 May. No invoice generated. I have the commitment of 12 months, otherwise I will just ordered a vps from another provider.

They obviously know where your money comes from and want to have nothing to do with it. Like at all.

• AndruAndru Member

Try their live chat.

• jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited May 12

I think ovh now prorates so the billing cycle happens on the first of each month. I don't know how and when they do it after signup, but I know all my services now renew monthly on the 1. Their billing is confusing. You will eventually get an invoice.

I assume you have a Kimsufi, since you're paying around $18. Kimsufi service means it'll be a week until they respond to your ticket, and their response could be rushed and/or vague.

• pfoopfoo Member

Double check your first invoice, maybee you have paid more than one month ?

With monthly billing without commitment your first invoice should have been from 7 April to 6 May, then another invoice from 7 May to 31 May, and only thereafter monthly billing every 1st of the month, It might be slightly different with commitment

Take in consideration that May 8 and 9 were public holidays in France and that might go into account.

However keep triying to reach support, because your sever might be suspended at some point even if no invoice was generated (a similar situation happened to me a few month after subscription)

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Pretty sure they will charge you on the 1st of June. They seem to have changed when you get billed.

• amsaalamsaal Member

dont worry at all. if you have automatic renewal on then everything will be automatic since you said you have a balance on your account , so first they will use that then paypal or card if you have paypal balance , they take that first then if any cards you added as backup. so payment will be made no matter what it is as long as automatic renewal is on so you are set. they will generate an order under billing area you can see under services > billing area you can see if any order has been generated then in 1-2 days it will take the payment under your default method and that is under 24 hours you get confirmation in mail for invoice payment.

Also to note , when renewal is under process your days/month is automatic renewed for next month which is 1st June 2024. they start on first date on every month .

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

If you are worried, prepayment (3month/6month) would be good option for you.

• hresserhresser Member

I have an expired credit card at Ovh, but I can never add a new card, I always prepay and deposit 3-4 months of money into the account, I have been using it like this for years.

• georgekgeorgek Member
    edited May 13

@amsaal said:
    dont worry at all. if you have automatic renewal on then everything will be automatic since you said you have a balance on your account , so first they will use that then paypal or card if you have paypal balance , they take that first then if any cards you added as backup. so payment will be made no matter what it is as long as automatic renewal is on so you are set. they will generate an order under billing area you can see under services > billing area you can see if any order has been generated then in 1-2 days it will take the payment under your default method and that is under 24 hours you get confirmation in mail for invoice payment.

Also to note , when renewal is under process your days/month is automatic renewed for next month which is 1st June 2024. they start on first date on every month .

But its dedicated server. This applies to public cloud
    https://help.ovhcloud.com/csm/en-public-cloud-compute-faq-monthly-billing-method?id=kb_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0062172

Here are my invoices till today 13/5/2024. Only the first when I ordered it. The other are 30 dollars for public cloud and the 39 dollars for kvm for the dedicated server.

https://imgur.com/LIYvd0M
    https://imgur.com/a/KObqyZX

• georgekgeorgek Member

The problem is Finally solved.

Here is the answer from ovh for anyone dealing with this problem in the feature

Dear customer,

The reason why the service was not renewed automatically is because currently there isn't a payment method associated to your account. In order for any service to be automatically renewed a default payment method must be added.

In order to renew your service for another month we have created a manual order here: ], you can use this link to make a payment.

In order to avoid any future issues, as your service is on a commitment and set to automatic renewal we recommend adding a payment method to your account.

Do not hesitate to contact us should you have further questions.

• amsaalamsaal Member

@georgek said:
    The problem is Finally solved.

Here is the answer from ovh for anyone dealing with this problem in the feature

Dear customer,

The reason why the service was not renewed automatically is because currently there isn't a payment method associated to your account. In order for any service to be automatically renewed a default payment method must be added.

In order to renew your service for another month we have created a manual order here: ], you can use this link to make a payment.

In order to avoid any future issues, as your service is on a commitment and set to automatic renewal we recommend adding a payment method to your account.

Do not hesitate to contact us should you have further questions.

i told you this already . but you did not understand the concept behind it.