Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

C1Vhosting took my money twice and deleted my server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

C1Vhosting took my money twice and deleted my server

pax_pax_ Member

I had a VPS on C1Vhosting for a few months with automatic debit via PayPal. This month the payment deadline was May 7. On May 8 they started sending non-payment letters.
As a result, on May 10, I went to their site without looking at the transactions in PayPal and saw the unpaid bill, already increased by the penalty for late payment. I quickly paid the bill again via PayPal.

On May 11, I can't log into my server. I go to the site of this wonderful hosting and see that I have no any server. Surprise! It's been deleted.

I open a ticket, send payment confirmation. They sent me a reply, admire it:
_############################################################

Thanks, I've:

added tx ID 6J7306XXXXXX6851N as account credit for further orders/invoices

recreated the VPS

added 15 days as compensation for the issue

fixed the automatic payment adding for your order

######################################################_

No apology, no nothing. They just wiped my server with data first and gave me an empty one. And a whole 15 days extra. Work hard, friend, we'll wipe you again.)

I wouldn't be writing all this if I hadn't come to C1Vhosting from LET. So one more piece of advice not to do business with them.

I think there was a discussion here about banning this hosting, I don't know how it ended.

Comments

• plumbergplumberg Veteran

@pax_ said:

>

I wouldn't be writing all this if I hadn't come to C1Vhosting from LET. So one more piece of advice not to do business with them.

So you make your first post bashing both LET and the host. Seems you didn't do your homework and due diligence and are looking for some scapegoat.

I think there was a discussion here about banning this hosting, I don't know how it ended.

Maybe you should not just post to rant. Be an active member and you would have not been in this state.

• emghemgh Member

@plumberg said: So you make your first post bashing both LET and the host. Seems you didn't do your homework and due diligence and are looking for some scapegoat.

One could read it as "I found them here, that's why I'm warning about them here."

• ascicodeascicode Member

@pax_ said:
    I had a VPS on C1Vhosting for a few months with automatic debit via PayPal. This month the payment deadline was May 7. On May 8 they started sending non-payment letters.
    As a result, on May 10, I went to their site without looking at the transactions in PayPal and saw the unpaid bill, already increased by the penalty for late payment. I quickly paid the bill again via PayPal.

On May 11, I can't log into my server.

Your fault, not the service.

• pax_pax_ Member

Maybe you should not just post to rant. Be an active member and you would have not been in this state.

I am describing a real case in order to warn other readers of this respected forum. I can post screenshots of correspondence and payment, if necessary.
    The ranting is more like your attacks

• pax_pax_ Member
    edited May 11

@ascicode said:
    Your fault, not the service.

I didn't fully describe the situation. They charged me on May 7 amount via PayPal as requested. But again it was requested as an unpaid invoice. On May 10, I did not check that it was already paid and paid a second time. But they deleted the server anyway. That is, they just did not handle webhooks from PayPal for a few days and did not read out payments

• kaitkait Member

Why do people keep buying from a known scammer and child?

Thanked by 2sillycat Carlin0
  • pax_pax_ Member

@emgh said: One could read it as "I found them here, that's why I'm warning about them here."

>
    That's exactly what I wanted to do, thanks

Thanked by 1emgh
  • Carlin0Carlin0 Member

Your payment has been doubled

Thanked by 3scooke boot Peppery9
  • pax_pax_ Member
    edited May 11

@kait said: Why do people keep buying from a known scammer and child?

>

I December 2023 didn't know about it and read the ad here. It was clear that the price was below market and it makes you think about the quality of. Because of this, I didn't put critical data there, but hoped that the company was Italian after all.
    A long time ago Aruba.it was also selling a VPS for 1 euro, but it's running stable now

• pax_pax_ Member

@Carlin0 said: Your payment has been doubled

>

No, they didn't handle this payments orders from PayPal at all

• Carlin0Carlin0 Member
    edited May 11

@pax_ said:

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/192754/enough-is-enough-c1vhosting/p1

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/181676/c1vhosting-is-scam/p1

Thanked by 1pax_
  • BRA1L0RBRA1L0R Member

@pax_ said: I wouldn't be writing all this if I hadn't come to C1Vhosting from LET. So one more piece of advice not to do business with them.

"There's no such thing as bad publicity"

• FreekFreek Member

Thanks for your feedback

Thanked by 4emgh Carlin0 pax_ dev_vps
  • I never actually post here but i'd hate if anyone dismissed my claims over that

Thanked by 1pax_
  • cybertechcybertech Member

@kait said:
    Why do people keep buying from a known scammer and child?

because c1v is in a tier 3 infrastructure designed datacenter

Thanked by 2Calin Freek
  • davidedavide Member
    edited May 12

@cybertech said:

Yea it's a pity that he didn't find a way out of that habit of bullshitting everyone all the time. Now in exile on the OGF still hasn't mended the habit. Going the way of the dodo.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned

@davide said:

@cybertech said:

Yea it's a pity that he didn't find a way out of that habit of bullshitting everyone all the time. Now in exile on the OGF still hasn't mended the habit. Going the way of the dodo.

dont worry he will get there eventually

i meant the dodo of course

• don't delay - backup today

no, seriously, why would you have important data but having no daily offsite backup. it's kinda deserved since you choose c1v, data: involucrated

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • Obviously it's a system fault, he didn't noticed that.

why haven't y'all charge back yet?

• davidedavide Member

@cybertech said:

You all are so trigger happy about charge backs ... my first PayPal chargeback in several years against an eBay scammer (who is an actual scammer, not just a pretend one) is taking months to process. The resolution date keeps shifting forward week after week, nothing is happening to it :/

No fucking clue why

• FreekFreek Member
    edited May 14

Also, PayPal denies/closes cases for virtual goods or services. It's not covered by their protection. I've lost a case over this in the past, was many many years ago though.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member

@Freek said:
    Also, PayPal denies/closes cases for virtual goods or services. It's not covered by their protection. I've lost a case in the past over this, was many many years ago though.

once digital service has been activated (“delivered”), it is challenging to overcome the claim with PayPal.

Unless, provider is out of the business

• MumblyMumbly Member

@Freek said:
    Also, PayPal denies/closes cases for virtual goods or services. It's not covered by their protection. I've lost a case over this in the past, was many many years ago though.

PayPal has been covering intangible goods for almost a decade now.

Buyer Protection now covers intangibles.
    PayPal is always looking for ways to make shopping safer. Buyers purchasing intangible goods (such as digital goods) and services can now be covered by Buyer Protection, in the same way as they are for physical items. If a buyer claims they haven’t received an eligible item or service or it was not as described, they can open a claim which PayPal will review. We want buyers to feel safe no matter what they’re buying.

Source:
    https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/merchant-intangibles-update
    https://financialpost.com/technology/paypal-to-cover-intangibles-as-it-looks-to-extend-consumer-protection-policy

Thanked by 1Freek
  • FreekFreek Member

@Mumbly said:

@Freek said:

PayPal has been covering intangible goods for almost a decade now.

Buyer Protection now covers intangibles.
    PayPal is always looking for ways to make shopping safer. Buyers purchasing intangible goods (such as digital goods) and services can now be covered by Buyer Protection, in the same way as they are for physical items. If a buyer claims they haven’t received an eligible item or service or it was not as described, they can open a claim which PayPal will review. We want buyers to feel safe no matter what they’re buying.

Source:
    https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/merchant-intangibles-update
    https://financialpost.com/technology/paypal-to-cover-intangibles-as-it-looks-to-extend-consumer-protection-policy

That makes sense. Believe it or not, the failed claim I was referring to was 12 years ago.

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • @davide said:

@cybertech said:

You all are so trigger happy about charge backs ... my first PayPal chargeback in several years against an eBay scammer (who is an actual scammer, not just a pretend one) is taking months to process. The resolution date keeps shifting forward week after week, nothing is happening to it :/

No fucking clue why

Why is your browser like that.

• davidedavide Member

@SillyGoose said:

Like what :grey_question::grey_question::grey_question:

Say it to my face

• @davide said:

@SillyGoose said:

Say it to my face

Like so old looking something from early 2000s. It's cool 👍

Thanked by 1scooke
  • jordijordi Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 15

@SillyGoose said:

@davide said:

@SillyGoose said:

Say it to my face

Like so old looking something from early 2000s. It's cool 👍

do you use this browser

https://www.falkon.org????

:)

@davide said:

@cybertech said:

No fucking clue why

it looks like you did file a chargeback?