Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone here moved from blesta?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Has anyone here moved from blesta?

ArrowBoiArrowBoi Member

Has anyone here moved from blesta to whmcs?
I've been using blesta since Jan and I'm not very comfortable with it.
Their ccavenue gateway is broken and there's no news on its fix and it's hard to accept UPI payments myself and also many are having difficult on purchasing my services, some told me they don't know how to buy through the billing site. Mainly there's INR for Indians to pay in but many don't even know how to change the currency cuz the order form I prefer puts it in the top right and that too it's hard to notice for new users, for whmcs it's pretty known to people and everyone knows how to buy on hosts using whmcs. And even their ccavenue works. Also the only discord extension available for blesta isn't what I want as it doesn't tell us if the order is paid or not while whmcs discord webhook extensions works perfectly afaik remember.

I just wanna know if anyone here has moved from blesta to whmcs and if they regret or are happy with their decision.

Comments

• tentortentor Member, Host Rep

I don't recommend you WHMCS either. It has it's own problems too.

• kaitkait Member

@tentor said:

Best is to use Blesta or WHMCS or one of the others while developing your own right?

• tentortentor Member, Host Rep

@kait said:

@tentor said:

Best is to use Blesta or WHMCS or one of the others while developing your own right?

This is my opinion, yes. However I've heard others recommending HostBill, but I can't say anything on it, just high initial investments.

• at oceanichost we still use blesta and it works perfectly.

Thanked by 1Ticaga
  • emghemgh Member

@oceanichost said:
    at oceanichost we still use blesta and it works perfectly.

great, now pay for a tag

Thanked by 2JasonM COLBYLICIOUS
  • JasonMJasonM Member

@oceanichost said: at oceanichost we still use blesta and it works perfectly.

I'm curious, which accredited registrar you use for domain registrations?

• What is broken in this module? Maybe there is easy way to fix it :)

• ArrowBoiArrowBoi Member
    edited May 11

@BilohBucks said:
    What is broken in this module? Maybe there is easy way to fix it :)

encryption is the issue, mcrypt is said to be removed in php 8.1 and they're taking forever to fix it.

https://dev.blesta.com/browse/CORE-4907
    just noticed its marked as closed, gonna ask what that means.

• pphillipspphillips Member, Host Rep

@ArrowBoi said:

@BilohBucks said:

encryption is the issue, mcrypt is said to be removed in php 8.1 and they're taking forever to fix it.

Closed means it's fixed. The version is 5.10.0 beta 2, which should be released Monday or Tuesday. It's likely the module included in 5.10.0 beta 2 will work on the previous version, so it could be copied to that release instead of upgrading to a beta release.

If the OP is using INR, and customers are in India, why not set INR to the "Default Currency". Then there will be no need to change it.

Thanked by 2raindog308 Ticaga
    edited May 12

@pphillips said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@BilohBucks said:

Closed means it's fixed. The version is 5.10.0 beta 2, which should be released Monday or Tuesday. It's likely the module included in 5.10.0 beta 2 will work on the previous version, so it could be copied to that release instead of upgrading to a beta release.

If the OP is using INR, and customers are in India, why not set INR to the "Default Currency". Then there will be no need to change it.

We have a global audience. We sell in multiple currencies, upto 6. We've set the default to USD so that its easier for people to know the pricing and its much easier for us to price our products too. Only keeping it in INR narrows our chance of sale as not everyone knows what INR is and people would mostly avoid such hosts, after I started accepting payments in USD my chance of sales have been increased. but its good to hear that the issue has been resolved, I'll wait for the new version.

I'll just try to develop a popup system to let them select currency before shopping to fix that trouble once I'm through PHP

• HOSTCAYHOSTCAY Member

@JasonM said:

@oceanichost said: at oceanichost we still use blesta and it works perfectly.

I'm curious, which accredited registrar you use for domain registrations?

They use and OpenSRS (Tucows).

• pphillipspphillips Member, Host Rep

@ArrowBoi said:

@pphillips said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@BilohBucks said:

We have a global audience. We sell in multiple currencies, upto 6. We've set the default to USD so that its easier for people to know the pricing and its much easier for us to price our products too. Only keeping it in INR narrows our chance of sale as not everyone knows what INR is and people would mostly avoid such hosts, after I started accepting payments in USD my chance of sales have been increased. but its good to hear that the issue has been resolved, I'll wait for the new version.

If you link to the Blesta order form for your website, you can include the currency code in the URL by appending it to the end of the link like so: ?currency=USD or ?currency=INR etc. Might be helpful if you are detecting language or have a language selector on your website, to link to the order form and specify the desired currency to start with. :smile:

Thanked by 1ArrowBoi