Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to use ipv6/48 provide by freerangecloud
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to use ipv6/48 provide by freerangecloud

aichat199aichat199 Member

Hi !
I purchased an ipv6/48 on freerangecloud. I received an IP segment and LOA, but I don’t know how to configure it to use it.

The free channel I configured on tunnelbroker has shortcut commands that can be used immediately after configuration, but freerangecloud does not seem that simple.

When I opened a support ticket, the customer service replied and told me to ask the vps service provider, which made me very helpless

Sorry, I am a newbie, I hope someone who knows can help me answer it, thank you!

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
  • sh97sh97 Member

If you have your own ASN, you can announce it yourself using BGP on a provider which supports it.

Another option would be to reach out to a provider which does BYOIP (I know @rsk / Layer UAE does this) and ask them to announce it on your behalf on their ASN. The /48 will then be assigned to your VM by them.

Thanked by 1rsk
  • aichat199aichat199 Member

@sh97 said:
    If you have your own ASN, you can announce it yourself using BGP on a provider which supports it.

Another option would be to reach out to a provider which does BYOIP (I know @rsk / Layer UAE does this) and ask them to announce it on your behalf on their ASN. The /48 will then be assigned to your VM by them.

Oh thank you , I'll try

Thanked by 1rsk
  • rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@sh97 said:

Thanks for the mention! Yes, that's right, we can announce on your behalf. For monthly plans there is a fee, and for annual plans the fee is waived.