Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

East Coast USA VPS with ip6 ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

East Coast USA VPS with ip6 ?

AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
edited March 2012 in General

Hi Folks,

I am looking for an east coast USA VPS with IP6 but am struggling to find one, anyone got any suggestions?

Only requirement is that the host nodes are not with Burstnet.

Cheers

Ant.

Comments

• @AnthonySmith said: I am looking for an east coast USA VPS with IP6 but am struggling to find one

I didn't think I hid under a rock, but if you are struggling, I must be.

Thanked by 1Mon5t3r
  • See above.
    Hostigation. )

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2012

IPv6 or 6 IPs? Yeah, I think Hostigation NC does have IPv6 now.

• Also Bitcable.

• @liam It is as if you've woken from a 20 year slumber today.

• @liam said: They have ipv6?

Yup. Ping6 to a Netherlands VPS with Anthony is ~ 85 ms.

IPv6 on my Hostigation NC box was misbehaving so I disabled it for now. Probably all my fault, not Tim's :)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@miTgiB oh ok sorry :)

Hostigation it is then, its not actually for me but had I realised you were east coast I would have recommended you straight away.

@miTgiB I think you must be under a rock by the way, I cant find (maybe my old eyes) any mention of you + IP6 + East coast on LEB and 4 pages in on google.com I still cant find you with numerous search terms

Also the person that wanted the services already has a VPS with you in another location and did not know you had east coast services

/rock_beats_miTgiB
    /paper_beats_miTgiB
    /Scissors_beats_miTgiB
    /lizzard_beats_spok

• @AnthonySmith said: /rock_beats_miTgiB

/paper_beats_miTgiB
    /Scissors_beats_miTgiB

So I'm just SOL no matter what?

@AnthonySmith said: /lizzard_beats_spok

Ah, so it's just rigged

• Hostigation has ipv6 on the east coast just like ANY KVM/Xen/Vmware or OpenVZ (with tun/tap) provider has it.. it takes about 2 minutes to setup an ipv6 tunnel like he has.

I don't even consider this to be "having ipv6"

• Some people's religion doesn't allow them to use ipv6 via tunnel.

• I used tunnels for years and then I stopped bothering with them and going with providers that have multihomed native ipv6. Things are a lot more reliable when you have real ipv6 infrastructure.

Really solid LEB providers w/ multihomed native ipv6:
    BuyVM & Hostigation (LA Location )

@JoeMerit native IP6 was required for reliability as this is for a monitoring box.

• Did you find one ?

Sorry just read your post again, I did not realise that Hostigation just uses a tunnel, I will let them know, don't know if it is deal breaker.

• It probably would be satisfactory but there is lot of extra points of failure that get added to the equation when working with tunneled ipv6.

• @JoeMerit said: It probably would be satisfactory but there is lot of extra points of failure that get added to the equation when working with tunneled ipv6.

Anyone with native IPv6 and no HE does not carry the whole routing table. IPv6 is really still in a sad state 12 years after being released on us. Yes I have native IPv6 in LA, and Quadranet has a connection with HE's upstream, so I get the whole table, but Charlotte I am dealing with someone who hasn't had the light in their head go off yet on IPv6 so I keep getting stalled to get Level3 IPv6 routes, so I setup an HE tunnel, and you are very limited where you can connect via tunnel and do BGP with HE :( Even back in Rock Hill I carried an HE tunnel as Cogent's IPv6 table is missing half the internet.