Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated servers for transfer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated servers for transfer

Hello, I have some dedicated storage servers for transfer:
Hetzner "Server Auction" 3

Intel Xeon E5-1650V3
      10x HDD SATA 10,0 TB Enterprise

4x RAM 32768 MB DDR4
      NIC 1 Gbit Intel I219-LM

Rescue system (English)

1 x Primary IPv4
Recurring price: 105 euro
Transfer price: $100 (PayPal f&f or usdt)

Gorillaserver1

Intel Xeon E3-1240V3
     * 32 GB RAM DDR3
     * 4x 12TB HDD
     * 1G@50TB
Recurring price: $50, due date June 4th
Transfer price: $75 (PayPal f&f or usdt)

DM me if ur interesting, also posting on other forum so not guaranteed latest stock.

Comments

• mrclownmrclown Member

PMed

• Wenlee8Wenlee8 Member

Lowering Hetzner 10x10TB server price to $80, have 2 of these for transfer.

• Jayden920Jayden920 Member

I am interested with this Gorillaserver1

• sk29sk29 Member

@Wenlee8 said:

Possible scammer. OP was very communicative before payment. Paid em about 2 hours ago and has since gone silent. Just leaving this here, so nobody else falls for it.

Thanked by 1mrclown
  • johndeo983johndeo983 Member

@sk29 said:

@Wenlee8 said:

Possible scammer. OP was very communicative before payment. Paid em about 2 hours ago and has since gone silent. Just leaving this here, so nobody else falls for it.

Hopefully PayPal

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@sk29 said:

@Wenlee8 said:

Please let us know what happens

Two hours is still within a reasonable reaction time

• hapkidohapkido Member

It's the weekend also , so maybe more time needed B)

• plumbergplumberg Veteran

Now op is brokering a deal with actual server owner to let go of the service

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • sunnygsunnyg Member

@sk29 said:

@Wenlee8 said:

I think you may have gotten scammed. I was in touch with this user too and when I pressed him for the token or rescue mode access to verify the specs of the server, he started ghosting me for the last 1.5 days.

• malignifymalignify Member

@Wenlee8 said: PayPal f&f

:D

• Smith42Smith42 Member

@malignify said:

@Wenlee8 said: PayPal f&f

:D

To be fair, it is quite common in server transfers for the seller to request F&F because Goods payments can be easily disputed on Paypal without offering a "real" service.

• wamywamy Member

interested in any servers still available given that the OP is not a scammer LOL

• Smith42Smith42 Member

@wamy said:
    interested in any servers still available given that the OP is not a scammer LOL

I'm sure he's looking for more buyers ;) ;)

Thanked by 1i4P1
  • sk29sk29 Member

@angstrom said:

@sk29 said:

@Wenlee8 said:

OP has gone AWOL as I haven't had a reply since the 4th. In hindsight, it is my fault as I ignored some of the red flags and sent only a portion of what was requested. I had gone on for a while without getting scammed online so I got a bit comfortable too. Live and learn.

Thanked by 1i4P1

@sk29 said:

@angstrom said:

@sk29 said:

@Wenlee8 said:

OP has gone AWOL as I haven't had a reply since the 4th. In hindsight, it is my fault as I ignored some of the red flags and sent only a portion of what was requested. I had gone on for a while without getting scammed online so I got a bit comfortable too. Live and learn.

I've just written to the OP, giving him until 20:00 UTC today (Thursday) to respond

@angstrom said:

@sk29 said:

@angstrom said:

@sk29 said:

@Wenlee8 said:

I've just written to the OP, giving him until 20:00 UTC today (Thursday) to respond

I've just banned the OP

• mrclownmrclown Member
    edited May 10

@sk29 said:

@angstrom said:

@sk29 said:

@Wenlee8 said:

Sorry to hear. I didn't go ahead bcuz I didn't need the server and worried about the provider. I usually think twice to do paypal f&f but I didn't have bad experience in the past here on server transfer even with new users.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Always be careful of these type of posts. Always update us on what is happening, thank you for doing so here.

Thanked by 1maverick
  • MumblyMumbly Member
    edited May 10

Contrary to popular belief, the buyer isn't necessarily the one who ends up on the losing side in F&F payments.

It depends on the payment method. @sk29 if you paid from your PayPal balance, then you're screwed. However, if you paid with a credit card via PayPal, you can initiate a credit card chargeback. In such cases PayPal won't intervene since neither the buyer nor the seller has PayPal protection for F&F payments.

People often overlook in those cases that the seller also loses PayPal protection with Friends & Family payments. He can't fight the case and that's the right thing - he should not be doing business that way in the first place.

Thanked by 1maverick
  • sk29sk29 Member

Honestly I wouldn't really want to chargeback. Last thing I would want to do is burn bridges with Paypal and risk losing my account I've had since the 2000s. Like i said i knew the risk i was taking, I tried to push a goods payment because i didn't trust the guy. In the end you just got to go with your gut feeling. For me the potential for getting some super cheap storage servers outweighed the risk of losing a small amount of money. At the time I just considered it as a donation to the less fortunate and moved on, but i didn't want anyone else to get scammed as other users were still enquiring about the transfers.

Luckily one of the resellers I use offered me a similar deal at hetzner for 3 months in the form of a rental, so that made things a bit better.