Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Billing Feedback
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Billing Feedback

keoirkeoir Member, Host Rep
edited April 29 in General

Good Morning/ Afternoon!

Over at @DartNode we're reviewing our billing cycle and wanted to get some feedback from other hosts and end users. Currently, we operate a prorated billing cycle to make accounting a bit easier. Every customer is billed on the 1st of the month, and we pro-rate the amount they pay the first month. Currently, we offer a 7-day grace period, so if you buy services at the end of the month within this grace period we bill you only for the next month and give you 7 free days. This seems to be confusing, so we want to get feedback on the following options/ ideas :smile:

a) Move to a pro-rated model, where after the 15th of the month we bill for the remainder of the current month + next month.

b) Keep our current system, but bill for the full 30 days no matter your start date, and then credit your account to adjust the next bill due on the 1st of next month.

c) Keep the current system just as it is

Let us know your thoughts/ and opinions!

Comments

• reyokhreyokh Member

Hi @keoir, do you have a supportimg for API featured ?

• keoirkeoir Member, Host Rep

@reyokh said:
    Hi @keoir, do you have a supportimg for API featured ?

We use our own customer built system for billing, and for our admin/ customer dashboard :smile:

• DediRockDediRock Member, Patron Provider

Hey @Keoir speaking strictly from the consumer side I know prorating always caused challenges for us. We always appreciated it when our DC's or hosts would bill from the start of service and rebill every 30 days. However if they did prorate they would do it as you are doing which I think is great. I'd vote for C.