Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PsychZ Ashburn - Experiences?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PsychZ Ashburn - Experiences?

YmpkerYmpker Member

Any experience with PsychZ Datacenter in Ashburn (US East)? Likely gonna expand my lifetime vps collection with ZAP Hosting for a US-VPS for streaming purposes.

In the PsychZ data center in the state of Virginia, we have a location with our own hardware and network technology Hardware:
We use our own network hardware (Juniper QFX5100 switches) with 40G QSFP+ uplinks
In this location we mainly use HP C7000 Bladecenter Servers with powerful XEON CPUs at clock speeds between 2.8 and 3.8 GHz.

Comments

• I have a dedi there (through OneProvider), pretty satisfied with performance, network speed and uptime.

How many lifetime VPS do you have? Is it to recommend?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 27

@SwizzVPN said:
    I have a dedi there (through OneProvider), pretty satisfied with performance, network speed and uptime.

How many lifetime VPS do you have? Is it to recommend?

I've got two lifetime vps with ZAP (Finland LXC, Germany KVM) and am very happy with them. Uptime has also been solid, and you can even enable docker on their lxc albeit performance ofc would be better on KVM. One annoying thing is their outdated templates (KVM only has Debian 10, Ubuntu 18.04, LXC at least has Debian 11/Ubuntu 20 LTS), but for KVM there's an easy workaround where you can boot netboot.xyz and then install any Ubuntu/Debian/OS version you want. There is a guide in a thread I made about ZAP. Other than that, I've been able to upgrade their Debian 10 to 11 with like 4-5 commands rather easily within a couple of minutes following some random Debian 10 to 11 guide.

IF you buy KVM please note that you can upgrade disk space, core count later iirc, however you CAN'T upgrade cpu model later. I wish I had paid for the more performant one to have more options in the future for my idling vps lol :D

Thanked by 1SwizzVPN
  • emghemgh Member

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@emgh said:

They've been around since 2010, and seem to be in solid standing from some of the last records I found when I checked on them. Worth the gamble for me :)

Thanked by 1emgh
  • edited April 27

No experience with the mentioned location, but would like to leave this here https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3943222

Simply to show that they didn't reply or made any changes after the post.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@TheGreatOakley said:
    No experience with the mentioned location, but would like to leave this here https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3943222

Simply to show that they didn't reply or made any changes after the post.

Lol. Luckily the vps will be provided by ZAP who have disabled pw login by default on newly installed vps and let you add ssh key.

• lowendclientlowendclient Member
    edited April 27

It's a Taiwanese company, their boss Jimmy LU, psychz pronounced as "sexy".
    They're also a Juniper study case:
    https://www.juniper.net/gb/en/customers/psychz-networks-case-study.html

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

Can't speak about ZAP, but we have been a Psychz colocation client for many many years, and their network has been rock solid for us in Herndon VA.

~ SMARTHOST

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • I have a smarthost vps in that location, the network works pretty good, good uptime too.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • JosephFJosephF Member

How large as provider is PsychZ?

Do they offer lifetime plans?

• How is a lifetime plan economical on a vps?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 28

@BruhGamer12 said:
    How is a lifetime plan economical on a vps?

It likely isn't if it's the only source of income. Luckily, ZAP has lots of rented/recurring servers they get revenue from, too. Years ago, when they first started offering lifetime gameservers (vps came later), I think they stated somewhere that the energy prices for the lifetime servers would be paid for by dividends from money they invested to keep those running (this was before the energy crisis). Not sure, how they're doing this now. Still, they seem to have some way to keep it working.

On their website it states:

27642+ Active servers

4993+ Active Lifetime Server

174+ Orders yesterday

If that's true, then lifetime servers are like 18% of their revenue from servers, while the rest is coming from servers that incur recurring revenue + income from webspace/domains which isn't listed in this data.
    Seems like this is a good enough ratio to keep things profitable.

• JosephFJosephF Member

@Ympker said:

@BruhGamer12 said:

It likely isn't if it's the only source of income. Luckily, ZAP has lots of rented/recurring servers they get revenue from, too. Years ago, when they first started offering lifetime gameservers (vps came later), I think they stated somewhere that the energy prices for the lifetime servers would be paid for by dividends from money they invested to keep those running (this was before the energy crisis). Not sure, how they're doing this now. Still, they seem to have some way to keep it working.

27642+ Active servers

174+ Orders yesterday

If that's true, then lifetime servers are like 18% of their revenue from servers, while the rest is coming from servers that incur recurring revenue + income from webspace/domains which isn't listed in this data.

What is the lifetime pricing?

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@JosephF said:

@Ympker said:

@BruhGamer12 said:

27642+ Active servers

174+ Orders yesterday

What is the lifetime pricing?

Starts from 80€ for 2vcores,8GB ram lxc

Thanked by 1JosephF