Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Huge Storage Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Huge Storage Server

Thanos92Thanos92 Member
edited April 25 in Requests

Hello,

We want a big storage server with good connection and a fair price, that be flexible with copyright abuse. The best part, would be great if we can get instant delivery.

Best regards,

Comments

• SilverCreekSilverCreek Member, Patron Provider

What hardware specifications are you looking for? How much storage do you need?

• davidedavide Member
    edited April 25

What about a Layer7 (no aff):

• 2 Intel vCores
    • 4096 MB RAM
    • 9216 GB HDD
    • 51200 GB/month bandwidth
    • 1.0 Gbps port speed
    • IPv4 + IPv6
    • Germany location

For €18.21 / month (yearly). See product specs (aff)

With proper DMCA nonchalance there is this from iHostArt but all his inventory is always out of stock (until you ping @calin to fix it!)

• @SilverCreek said:

Hello,

We need over of 300TB HDD with 150TB/200TB bandwidth. About the specs something like this:

Dual E5-2670V4
    128GB RAM
    10 Gbps Network

Thanks,

• @davide said:
    What about a Layer7 (no aff):

• 2 Intel vCores
    • 4096 MB RAM
    • 9216 GB HDD
    • 51200 GB/month bandwidth
    • 1.0 Gbps port speed
    • IPv4 + IPv6
    • Germany location

For €18.21 / month (yearly). See product specs (aff)

With proper DMCA nonchalance there is this from iHostArt but all his inventory is always out of stock (until you ping @calin to fix it!)

Hello,

@Calin Unfortunately dont have available machines.

• SilverCreekSilverCreek Member, Patron Provider

@Thanos92 said:

@SilverCreek said:

Hello,

We need over of 300TB HDD with 150TB/200TB bandwidth. About the specs something like this:

Dual E5-2670V4
    128GB RAM
    10 Gbps Network

Thanks,

What's your budget?

• Thanos92Thanos92 Member
    edited April 25

@SilverCreek said:

@Thanos92 said:

@SilverCreek said:

Hello,

Dual E5-2670V4
    128GB RAM
    10 Gbps Network

Thanks,

What's your budget?

Max 350$.

Thanks.

Yes, but you are flexible with copyright abuse? As you servers store in USA.

• layer7layer7 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@Thanos92 said:
    Hello,

We want a big storage server with good connection and a fair price, that be flexible with copyright abuse. The best part, would be great if we can get instant delivery.

Best regards,

Hi,

hrhr, can you please define "flexible" a bit more?

flexible like ignore?
    flexible like giving X time to solve?
    flexible like ???

Thanked by 1NetDynamics24
  • CalmDownCalmDown Member
    edited April 25

Over 300 TB and instant transfer? Only Hetzner or OVH. But they are not tolerate with DMCA

• Hi,

hrhr, can you please define "flexible" a bit more?

flexible like ignore?
    flexible like giving X time to solve?
    flexible like ???

Hello,

Flexible like ignore.

Thanks.

@CalmDown said:
    Over 300 TB and instant transfer? Only Hetzner or OVH. But they are not tolerate with DMCA

Hello,

Exactly.

• dhmodhmo Member

As i remember, ihostart offer 400TB HDD DEDI for $500/monthly

@Calin

• dhmodhmo Member

I see your budger rn, Yeah https://panel.ihostart.com/index.php?rp=/store/dedicated-server
    It's overbudget... But most affrodable I think

• IDK what your use case is, check my friend's project: https://buzzheavier.com , he ignores DMCA mostly, unlimited storage, unlimited bandwidth.

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

@Thanos92 said:

No, we don't ignore abuses.

• @dhmo said:
    I see your budger rn, Yeah https://panel.ihostart.com/index.php?rp=/store/dedicated-server

The problem with the @Calin is he ask for prepaid 6 Months for something that we receive it after 2 weeks.

How safe can we feel about it?

@anubhavhirani said:
    IDK what your use case is, check my friend's project: https://buzzheavier.com , he ignores DMCA mostly, unlimited storage, unlimited bandwidth.

Hello,

What exactly is this?> @NetDynamics24 said:

@Thanos92 said:

No, we don't ignore abuses.

Then maybe you don't read my first post.

Thanks.

• SparkedPaulSparkedPaul Member, Patron Provider

We could get you a custom order in Salt Lake.

• zGatozGato Member

@SparkedPaul said:
    We could get you a custom order in Salt Lake.

Is Salt Lake City Copyright "Flexible like ignore."?

• anubhavhiranianubhavhirani Member
    edited April 26

@Thanos92 it is a file sharing website, used by many well known sites now, like Fitgirl, steamrips and few other repackers. If OP's use case is only sharing some warez/movies with large audience then it is perfect.

Edit: nvm you are the OP. I hate using phone for the Internet.

• @anubhavhirani said:
    @Thanos92 it is a file sharing website, used by many well known sites now, like Fitgirl, steamrips and few other repackers. If OP's use case is only sharing some warez/movies with large audience then it is perfect.

Edit: nvm you are the OP. I hate using phone for the Internet.

Thanks mate, but we want our storages and not to use a file hosting provider.

• dhmodhmo Member

@Thanos92 said:

@dhmo said:

The problem with the @Calin is he ask for prepaid 6 Months for something that we receive it after 2 weeks.

How safe can we feel about it?

@Calin is good provider. I trust him.
    And although dedicated offers usually require a minimum commitment period or a multi-month commitment, this is common and not wrong.
    I think six months is acceptable.
    Also, I don't know about the time it takes for delivery.
    Manual delivery may take some time, but I've only used VPS, so I don't know much about it.

In short, @Calin is a reliable provider and I highly recommend it.

Thanked by 2shruub Calin
  • Smith42Smith42 Member

@Thanos92 While Calin's service has great value for money, it is prone to downtime. When that downtime happens, it lasts for a long time and you won't get any preferential treatment. Calin's service is good for personal use, like a seedbox or something, but not for production use, because it will be a nightmare explaining to your own customers, that you're facing downtime because you chose a low-end provider to maximize your own profit, and your own business will suffer because of it.

I would suggest sticking with the big names, and look for an OVH, Hetzner or Leaseweb Reseller, and if necessary purchase a VPS or small dedi and run that as a proxy, from a provider like Calin.

• edited April 26

You are basically killing your options with the DMCA requirement. Your best option would likely be to just get the best storage server deal you can get and then invest another couple euros/dollars in a resilient VPS to stick a reverse proxy/VPN in front and hide it. If you do it like this options are practically endless and will $2-5/m added to the (already massively cheaper) server will really make much of a difference?

Edit: I probably should have skimmed the thread a bit more carefully. Seems @Smith42 already suggested exactly that, so you can take my post as a +1, i guess ;)

Thanked by 1Thanos92