Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question to providers that own IP space - Cloudflare abuse reports
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Question to providers that own IP space - Cloudflare abuse reports

We reported a trademark violation (a legitmate registered trademark not just sticking tm after something you think you own) to Cloudflare, they replied almost instantaneously that they are a proxy service and they have forward to complaint to both the account holder and the IP space owner EGI Hosting. Cloudflare didn't tell us the origin server destination IP or any particulars of the account. Fortunately the downstream provider (probably one the 100s of brands of EGI or possibly one of millions of downstream summer school hosts) acted reasonably fast and suspended the site, there was no follow up, and we never found out who the end host was or who the customer was (whois privacy shield etc).

My question is very simple, when the provider receives the complaint from CF does it tell you the origin destination IP - i.e. where the proxied traffic is going to?

I presume it does otherwise it would be near impossible to police especially with a large IP space and thousands of clients.. What else is included in the complaint?

Comments

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

Hey!
    We have received complaints both with the IP address and without.
    In the case of those with the specified IP address, we have taken measures to resolve the infringement.
    In the case of the complaint in which the only information was "HFM SRL" I did nothing. I don't feel obliged to do the research because they are not able to send an accurate report.

Thanked by 1shruub
  • TierNetTierNet Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 25

Yes, as a provider, Cloudflare will forward us the original abuse report and tell us what the origin IP is.

Thanked by 1vpn2024
  • Normal Cloudflare User : Use to hide ip
    Reporter :

Cloudflare didn't tell us the origin server destination IP

You know that you just ask for what major people use Cloudflare for

• JosephFJosephF Member

What is "HFM SRL"?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@JosephF said:
    What is "HFM SRL"?

It means brother.

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian
  • Yes Cloudflare will forward your complain to the host provider. Something like:
    "Cloudflare received a DMCA copyright infringement complaint regarding yourdomain.com"

Btw if your brand is not an international trademark or US registration. They can just ignore it.

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@JosephF said:
    What is "HFM SRL"?

Our legal entity name.