Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Server Auction Alternatives
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Server Auction Alternatives

Hey guys, I’m looking for low priced high CPU stand alones - like what hetzner i7 7700 64GB server auction offers. Is there any other providers with similar offerings at about the same price range?

I can’t order from hetzner because they are requesting a copy of my passport to setup an account. There is 0 change I’m giving a used computer sales company my ID for the privilege of buying their services.

Comments

• sliixsliix Member

For that price, none in the world.

• remyremy Member

If bandwidth is not that important for you
    Ovh regularly offers the GAME-1 server on special with Intel Core i7-7700K (Not at the moment)
    But it's not impossible that he'll ask you for a passport too.

Thanked by 1borngreat
  • @sliix said:

I don’t mind paying a bit more.

• @remy said:
    Ovh regularly offers the GAME-1 server on special with Intel Core i7-7700K (Not at the moment)

I can prepay but sending a copy of my passport to some company in another country is not an option.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@borngreat said:

@remy said:

I can prepay but sending a copy of my passport to some company in another country is not an option.

Try OVH, they might ask for ID or might not, depends.

Thanked by 1borngreat
  • @Neoon said:

@borngreat said:

@remy said:

I just tried it but it keeps redirecting to Canada OVH and for some weird reason, they don’t have US in the address drop down menu.

• @borngreat said:

@Neoon said:

@borngreat said:

@remy said:

I just tried it but it keeps redirecting to Canada OVH and for some weird reason, they don’t have US in the address drop down menu.

https://us.ovhcloud.com/

Thanked by 1borngreat
  • ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

@borngreat said:

@sliix said:

I don’t mind paying a bit more.

Checkout with @NetDynamics24 he resell Hetzner server

• “Self Managed Dedicated Servers. Provision time: 3-4 working days”

😳 is that real or just some obscure disclaimer to cover all bases?

• I literally need this tonight. Is that possible?

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

@borngreat said:
    I literally need this tonight. Is that possible?

Feel free to reach out I can set this up for you within a few hours for €37/$40

• @borngreat said:

@remy said:

Hetzner has good reputation. One of (if not) the largest server provider in Europe. The only catch is they work with the European and American Government. If they request any userdata, Hetzner has to hand out all information about the customer.

For legal services, Hetzer is the best option in Europe, no one comes close, unfortunately. Just got a dedicated Server with 256GB RAM with SSD, 1 Gbps unlimited bandwidth and a IPv4 for under 39€. Don’t think anyone can compete with them. Even if someone gift me the whole server for free, the electricity cost running this server alone a month at my place at high utilization will exceed 39€ lol.

With Hetzners server auction, you can purchase them hourly, btw.

Thanked by 1borngreat
  • adilolvadilolv Member

@lowendtalkxdax said: Just got a dedicated Server with 256GB RAM with SSD, 1 Gbps unlimited bandwidth and a IPv4 for under 39€

ِCan you please share some YABS for it if possible ? and the link where can we order it?

Thanks.

• @adilolv said:

@lowendtalkxdax said: Just got a dedicated Server with 256GB RAM with SSD, 1 Gbps unlimited bandwidth and a IPv4 for under 39€

ِCan you please share some YABS for it if possible ? and the link where can we order it?

Thanks.

https://www.hetzner.com/sb/#cpuType=Intel&ram_from=256

I can do a yabs later

Thanked by 1adilolv
  • VisionsVisions Member

if you still need this just give me a message.

• @adilolv said:

Thanks.

2x SSD in ZFS RAID1 mixed:
    9MB/s 140MB/s 530MB/s 610MB/s
    typical SATA drives

940 Mbps symmetric
    standard

GB6:
    1261/5878

Thanked by 1adilolv
  • JosephFJosephF Member

@borngreat said:

@remy said:

Out of curiosity, what is the danger to you if you send some company a copy of your passport?

• servers_guruservers_guru Member, Patron Provider

If you still need that, shout me a dm. We don't ask for customer information.

• JosephFJosephF Member

@lowendtalkxdax said:
    With Hetzners server auction, you can purchase them hourly, btw.

If you buy a Hetzner auction on an hourly basis, you can shut off the server for any length of proud, thereby paying zero, and later turn it on and pay by the hour for any short amount of time?

• @JosephF said:
    If you buy a Hetzner auction on an hourly basis, you can shut off the server for any length of proud, thereby paying zero, and later turn it on and pay by the hour for any short amount of time?

No. You still pay for it even if you shut it down because the resources are still yours.

If you don't want to pay, you can cancel it then purchase it later. But that depends on server avaibility and you have to reinstall from the scratch.

• JosephFJosephF Member

@gemini90 said:

@JosephF said:

No. You still pay for it even if you shut it down because the resources are still yours.

If you don't want to pay, you can cancel it then purchase it later. But that depends on server avaibility and you have to reinstall from the scratch.

If you still pay for it while you shut it down, what's the point of it being "hourly" instead of monthly?

• @JosephF said:
    If you still pay for it while you shut it down, what's the point of it being "hourly" instead of monthly?

Well, one thing is that you can use the server less than a month. Normally you have to keep it for minimum 30 days. You can also cancel it anytime you want.

• JosephFJosephF Member

@gemini90 said:

@JosephF said:

Well, one thing is that you can use the server less than a month. Normally you have to keep it for minimum 30 days. You can also cancel it anytime you want.

But it seems from your last comment that if you shut it down, in less than a month or whatever, your essentially cancelled their service. Otherwise you're still paying for the full month.

• Smith42Smith42 Member

Sounds like you need a hetzner reseller. Usually hetzner chooses who to do business with, especially if you're outside of EU/NA.

• @JosephF said:

But it seems from your last comment that if you shut it down, in less than a month or whatever, your essentially cancelled their service. Otherwise you're still paying for the full month.

Shutting down is different from cancellation.

Shutting down means you still keep the server for yourself, so you have to pay for it.

From Hetzner's docs:
    https://docs.hetzner.com/cloud/billing/faq

Do you bill servers that are off?

Yes. Until you, the customer, delete your servers, we will bill you for them, regardless of their state. (We will only bill you for servers that have finished the creation process.)

This is because, internally, we allocate full resources to servers regardless of their power state. And it enables rapid startup and boot times for you.

• JosephFJosephF Member

@gemini90 said:

@JosephF said:

Shutting down is different from cancellation.

Shutting down means you still keep the server for yourself, so you have to pay for it.

From Hetzner's docs:
    https://docs.hetzner.com/cloud/billing/faq

Do you bill servers that are off?

Yes. Until you, the customer, delete your servers, we will bill you for them, regardless of their state. (We will only bill you for servers that have finished the creation process.)

This is because, internally, we allocate full resources to servers regardless of their power state. And it enables rapid startup and boot times for you.

So why ever shut it off?

• gemini90gemini90 Member
    edited April 25

@JosephF said:
    So why ever shut it off?

I believe everyone usually keeps it running 24/7. My server is always on even if it's idle most of the time.

• JosephFJosephF Member

So the "hourly" is meaningless.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited April 25

@JosephF said:
    So the "hourly" is meaningless.

Nope, it is.

For example, one has the option to use server for 7 days (and cancel) and pay for 168 hours instead of minimum of one month with other vendors

Sometimes I need powerful server to execute data model only for few hours. So it is very useful in this case.