Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudflare Down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudflare Down?

First time ever, I can't access Cloudflare. Is it down for just me? Are they being DDoS'ed?
What do Cloudflare do in that situation? What happens when you press the 'Under Attack' button in the top right corner - does Matthew Prince appear by livestream? So many questions I know, I thought I'd ask in one thread rather than opening multiple threads for each question.

Comments

• i am stuck on

The Cloudflare dashboard is loading....

• Same here

• @ShadowLurker said: The Cloudflare dashboard is loading....

Same :disappointed:

• Dashboard is offline according to https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/

• @CalmDown said: Cloudflare deadpooled

:hushed: WTF - they're all up to it now.
    Any good alternatives to Cloudflare....Bunny?

• JeDaYoshiJeDaYoshi Member
    edited April 24

@meditatingsurgeon said:

@CalmDown said: Cloudflare deadpooled

The comment is not serious. We just joke with "deadpools" once a provider goes down.
    But yes, Bunny.net is a good alternative (if not better) for CDN. Depending on what you use Cloudflare for, it might or might not fulfill your use-cases just as fine.

Thanked by 1COLBYLICIOUS
  • It's been like this for hours.

• It back up for me now.

• @JeDaYoshi said:

@meditatingsurgeon said:

The comment is not serious. We just joke with "deadpools" once a provider goes down.
    But yes, Bunny.net is a good alternative (if not better) for CDN. Depending on what you use Cloudflare for, it might or might not fulfill you just as fine.

I agree with that.

• thanethane Member

Losing access to the dashboard isn't bad as long as the DNS and services for the websites work. Cloudflare has had exlempary uptime in that regard, only having a minor downtime event that affected sites sometimes once per year.

Comparatively when I was using Sucuri, they would have downtime events that took sites down for multiple hours, 2-3 times per month, every month. Which is what drove me to move to Cloudflare years ago.

I haven't found another DNS/CDN provider with better uptime, and I've tried many many many, paid and free, and all have done worse.

I have been watching bunny for a while, and have high hopes for them as they continue developing their service. May be a good replacement in another year or two, depending on how things go.

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

The portal/dashboard of any system being down doesn't mean a provider is down...

• MGarbisMGarbis Member

@kevinds said:

The portal/dashboard of any system being down doesn't mean a provider is down...

That's how it starts. Then they'll say "everything will be fixed on the next monday". And after few weeks everything is down.

• JosephFJosephF Member

@JeDaYoshi said:

@meditatingsurgeon said:

But yes, Bunny.net is a good alternative (if not better) for CDN. Depending on what you use Cloudflare for, it might or might not fulfill your use-cases just as fine.

Under what common use cases would Bunny be a better alternative to Cloudflare?

• JosephFJosephF Member
    edited April 25

Was CF's control panel only down or was it their actual services that was down? For how long? Did this story hit the tech news?

• listerine90listerine90 Member
    edited April 25

Seemed to be only the dashboard. No downtime in my side. The last reported downtime they had was back on 2023, if the 2022 outage incident happened again it would've made the news instantly as they're quite a big provider.

• The portal/dashboard of any system being down doesn't mean a provider is down...
    @kevinds - when I wrote the post I wasn’t aware what was affected.

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@meditatingsurgeon said:
    @kevinds - when I wrote the post I wasn’t aware what was affected.

Doesn't something like 30% of the internet run through Cloudflare?

If Cloudflare was actually down, it would be very noticeable... ;)

• @kevinds said: If Cloudflare was actually down, it would be very noticeable...

@kevinds - I have no doubt! Cloudflare are pretty awesome for what they offer on the free tier. All my site were running so I knew they weren't 'down' and I never believed they had 'deadpooled'!
    I would like to know what happens when you press 'Under. Attack?' though :lol:

• @meditatingsurgeon said:

@kevinds said: If Cloudflare was actually down, it would be very noticeable...

@kevinds - I have no doubt! Cloudflare are pretty awesome for what they offer on the free tier. All my site were running so I knew they weren't 'down' and I never believed they had 'deadpooled'!
    I would like to know what happens when you press 'Under. Attack?' though :lol:

It just makes it so any visitors that visits your site will be momentarily disrupted with a javascript challenge.

They look like this:

Thanked by 1meditatingsurgeon