Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Strange Network Routing problem!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Strange Network Routing problem!

jobayerjobayer Member
edited April 23 in Help

Hello,
I'm using a dedicated server of OVH. I have created three LXD container inside it. I have configured Bridge network in host and using it in container1. For the rest of two containers, i have setup additonal static ip each of thems.

So in short,
Host machine and container1 has same ip 51.79.x.x
container2 has ip 139.99.x.x
container3 has ip 139.99.x.y

Everything working perfectly from a very long time without any issue. But i'm watching a strange thing. When i do mtr 1.1.1.1 from host or container1 i get

it means my traffic routing Like Singapore> Hong kong !!! Instead of going to cloudflare singapore location (Singapore>Singapore). i know sometimes it can be happened due to isp peering or network congesting
But when i do mtr from container 2 or container 3 which has additional ip it works properly

is this normal? I can see the routing is same until it reached to 10.200.0.196, Since the server is same and network is same why this happening with first ip. All ip show singapore location. Can you please explain this behavior and help me? How can i solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@jobayer said: Can you please explain this behavior and help me?

There can be load balancing across different paths, based on source and destination IPs and port or protocol. I suggest that you don't concern yourself much with that, since this might change over time, and next week you may notice the behavior has swapped between the two cases.

Also try checking how are the routes to more destinations rather than just 1.1.1.1.

Networks can also be announced differently in BGP, but since this is the outgoing route, that should not be the issue here.

Thanked by 1jobayer