Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why GreenCloudVPS have so many negative reviews?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why GreenCloudVPS have so many negative reviews?

UchihaUchiha Member

If you check their Trustpilot, they have a 2.9 star rating with mostly negative reviews. And it's not just limited to Trustpilot; I found a few recent Reddit threads saying the same thing, as well as other forums. They are pretty popular on LET, and people love them, so what's the deal here?

Comments

• sliixsliix Member

Greencloud has been amazing in my experience.

They're fake reviews from the competition. I guess.

Thanked by 1lzy666
  • balrammbalramm Member, Host Rep

It appears that the company in question does not offer a refund policy for any sales they have here as I can see. This could be the reason why they have got a lot of negative reviews. When a user is not satisfied with the service they receive and there is no option for a refund, they may leave a negative review or try to harm the company's reputation. It's not possible to please everyone, but offering a refund is a good option to get rid of bad clients who make a purchase and become disappointed for no reason.

Refunding may lead to losses but can prevent negative reviews from potential clients. AT LEAST I DO SEE REVIEWS OF ANY COMPANY BEFORE I PURCHASE ANYTHING.

Thanked by 2hostkar dev077
  • UchihaUchiha Member

@balramm said: It appears that the company in question does not offer a refund policy for any sales they have

Really? Don't they offer refunds? I've never heard of a hosting company that doesn't offer refunds

@Uchiha said: Really? Don't they offer refunds?

They have written a no-refund policy on many offer posts, so I guess, yes, they do not refund.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@balramm said:

@Uchiha said: Really? Don't they offer refunds?

They have written a no-refund policy on many offer posts, so I guess, yes, they do not refund.

https://greencloudvps.com/terms-of-service.php

All normal VPS services rendered by GreenCloud are eligible for a limited refund. Refund covers the Virtual Private Server plan itself, and does not include control panel add-on services such as cPanel or DirectAdmin. Refunds are only offered within 7 days of account registration, and only applies to the first service of a new client. Bitcoin payments are NON REFUNDABLE. Additional orders are not eligible for a refund. Services that are suspended or terminated due to non-compliance of the AUP and TOS are not eligible for refunds. Services that have utilized 10% or more of their allocated bandwidth are not eligible for refunds. Services which have been upgraded are not eligible for refunds. Customer is responsible for cancelling ALL recurring payment profiles.
    Due to the nature of our industry, we do not offer refunds for dedicated servers and proxies.

Note: Special discounted/promo plans during flash sales or any sales events (Black Friday, Holiday Sales...etc) are not eligible for a refund.

Thanked by 1zGato
  • bdlbdl Member

AT LEAST I DO SEE REVIEWS OF ANY COMPANY BEFORE I PURCHASE ANYTHING.

edited April 23

@DP said: Note: Special discounted/promo plans during flash sales or any sales events (Black Friday, Holiday Sales...etc) are not eligible for a refund.

I believe most of their users are these, though it is the right thing to do. You can not expect refund from services that providers offer with thin profit, but I guess when you offer something cheap, you get the same client, so either refund them or be mentally prepared to get LOTS OF ONLINE SPAMS, like we see on Reddit on TP.

• stxshstxsh Member

@balramm said:
    It appears that the company in question does not offer a refund policy for any sales they have here as I can see.

I was wondering the same, but there could be something to this answer. They make it very appealing to pay annually and triennially to get the most out of their sales, which might result in impulse purchases and/or dissatisfied customers. Pretty good answer because they’ve been top notch from my experience as well. I do personally end up purchasing more than I need from them though :D.

• greencloudvps is the number 1 LET provider period.

• mrTommrTom Member

i agree with others here, my greencloudvps birthday sale vps in .de is rock solid.

• lirrrlirrr Member

No complain, solid provider.

• Have used them for a few years. They provide a solid service, no complaints so far.

• VoidVoid Member

It means they don’t care about hiring people off fiverr to flood TP with fake positive reviews

• aulyaryanaulyaryan Member
    edited April 23

@bdl said:
    AT LEAST I DO SEE REVIEWS OF ANY COMPANY BEFORE I PURCHASE ANYTHING.

Contabo is good, stable, and friendly customer support. Waiting for your order sir.

• lc475lc475 Member

Hetzner is also 3.0 only. Most bad comments are about account rejection (KYC issue), not related to their servers. Don't 100% trust the rating on Trustpilot.

Thanked by 1nick_
  • bdspicebdspice Member

Trust me, they are good enough. use them for 1 years you will also know.

• denellumdenellum Member, Host Rep

I did like them, but after almost 6 months into my year contract my server has been going offline for exactly 14 minutes. The server is still "up" so i can check the logs once it comes back on... nothing spikes, nothing in dmesg, nothing in logs. So I am looking to move away. Shame cause they were so stable for 6 months.

Thanked by 1Uchiha
  • bgerardbgerard Member
    edited April 25

@denellum said:
    I did like them, but after almost 6 months into my year contract my server has been going offline for exactly 14 minutes. The server is still "up" so i can check the logs once it comes back on... nothing spikes, nothing in dmesg, nothing in logs. So I am looking to move away. Shame cause they were so stable for 6 months.

Similar, my server was fine for months, almost a year and then became basically unusable, their support didn't provide any help so I left. They're an okay provider but there are many others I would go to first before trying them again.

Thanked by 1Uchiha
  • i'm also split every now and then BUT ****greencloud is rock solid. my greencloud vps in nl, 10gbit connection, has consistently the best (fastest) connection of all the vps i have (advin, avoro, clouvider, hetzner, layer7 etc. (and the aforementioned are also all very good providers who have other advantages over greencloud in my opinion, felt better offers. )).
    what bothers me about greencloud from time to time is that as a long-standing customer (for 3 years) you often don't get access to deals (you're in competition with bot farms that graze everything). this fact annoys me from time to time, but only in the short term. all in all, greencloud is very solid and recommendable from my point of view.