Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Free Domains for Nonprofits and Charities (.ngo.us subdomains)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free Domains for Nonprofits and Charities (.ngo.us subdomains)

Hey all,

I wanted to share something with the LET community that could be useful for those of you involved with nonprofit organizations or projects.

The company I previously worked for offers free .ngo.us domain names and subdomains specifically tailored for nonprofits.

You might notice on their website (https://nic.ngo.us/) that there's a mention of a $5 per year fee. This fee was implemented for self-registration after they experienced a significant amount of abuse, like someone registering hundreds of subdomains overnight.

HOWEVER, if you're working for a nonprofit, charity, or a not-for-profit project and would like a free subdomain, here's what you can do:

1. Sign up for an account at https://nic.ngo.us/ but do not make any purchase.
  2. Send an email to admin[at]nic.ngo.us with some basic information about your nonprofit or project.
  3. They will manually credit your account with enough funds so that your organization can register and renew subdomains at no cost.

This opportunity is a great way to get your nonprofit online with its own dedicated domain, and I hope it helps any of you involved in charity or nonprofit work.

If you don’t have a nonprofit but simply want to support this project, go ahead and pay the domain fee. No NPO restrictions applied. Your contribution will help sustain this service :)

Please remember to use this offer responsibly and not to abuse it. Thank you.

Comments

• JosephFJosephF Member

@jonathann How long have they been offering this service?

What other services/products do they offer?