Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Install Windows Server 2019 on Alwyzon VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Install Windows Server 2019 on Alwyzon VPS

chrisfechrisfe Member
edited April 22 in General

Hi,
Has anyone here successfully installed Windows Server on Alwyzon VPS?

I can't install because there is a problem with the boot disk. Please help if you have any solutions.

View the error: https://imgur.com/a/m4o6RST

Thanks.

Comments

• sliixsliix Member

On that disk, create a new partition first. Windows installer will auto create few partition to accommodate Windows. Then proceed with installation.

• You need to include the virtio drivers into your windows iso before uploading it.

• I think you forgot to mount the ISO back after mounted the VirtIO drivers.

• sliixsliix Member

@webcraft said:
    You need to include the virtio drivers into your windows iso before uploading it.

virtio driver should already be installed based on the screenshot as Windows installer can identify the drive.

@Patriarch said:
    I think you forgot to mount the ISO back after mounted the VirtIO drivers.

This is also another possible reason.

• chrisfechrisfe Member

Thank you all for answering my question.

I installed Windows Server on Alwyzon VPS successfully.

Here are instructions from Alwyzon support:

Looking at your screenshot: you might need (in the Alwyzon client area) to add the internal disk of the server to the boot order. You can do so under "More > Boot Order" (just shut off the server first). Unlike other installers, the Windows installer checks if the device you want to install it on is also the primary boot device. Unfortunately, our automation replaces the internal disk with the virtual CD while using "Boot from ISO" to avoid accidentally boot from the disk, but Windows doesn't like this. But as long as you manually override this, you can get through that step in the Windows installer.