Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Static VPN for Tor exit node
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Static VPN for Tor exit node

Looking for a static IP VPN provider that will allow a Tor exit node and run over wire guard.

Comments

• shruubshruub Member

That seems a tad bit over complicated and would potentially get your devices at home seized if the node itself is hosted there. I'd guess if you go the route, choose an unlimited bandwidth server/vps (not just fair use) and tunnel through their. Probably no vpn provider out there who'd like that though.

• Already have an unlimited bandwidth dedicated server. I need someone that would provide a static/dedicated IP and would be willing to let me host an exit node. Server hoster will not allow exit node

• I feel like you should just try a few popular VPN providers and see if they ban you. Use their free trial and buy the static IP, worst case is you lose a few dollars.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • sixsix Member

That's not the point. They have a static IP, but their provider doesn't allow them to run tor nodes (usually because of the poor IP reputation they cause), so they need another static IP to run the node off of.

• edited April 22

@six said:

That's not the point. They have a static IP, but their provider doesn't allow them to run tor nodes (usually because of the poor IP reputation they cause), so they need another static IP to run the node off of.

Yeah, i got that. It just seems that OP won't necessarily need a VPN with a static IP (well, assuming TOR isn't picky with ports at least).

Thanked by 2kevinds six
  • BruhGamer12BruhGamer12 Member
    edited April 22

@mailseeker said: Server hoster will not allow exit node

in the future, you should check this before you buy a server to run a node with customer support just btw.

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@totally_not_banned said: Yeah, i got that. It just seems that OP won't necessarily need a VPN with a static IP (well, assuming TOR isn't picky with ports at least).

I wondered about that as well.. No, it isn't picky..

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • @BruhGamer12 said:

@mailseeker said: Server hoster will not allow exit node

in the future, you should check this before you buy a server to run a node with customer support just btw.

Yeah, in general it can be assumed that very little providers will tolerate TOR exits once complaints start coming in or blacklist entries appear, even if the AUP doesn't specifically mention it. I guess in OP's case running TOR is kind of an after thought though as he already has the server and just tries to get the most use he can out of it.

• Most service providers are not allow tor exit node,because it may cause to report "IP abuse".

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@chickenman said: Most service providers are not allow tor exit node,because it may cause to report "IP abuse".

>

No problem we allow :)

https://panel.ihostart.com/index.php?rp=/store/vps-kvm-ssd

Regards