Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netcup too much time for server creation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any idea what's going on with Netcup?

I ordered a Root Server 3 days ago and I'm still waiting for it. They say they have a lot of orders to fill. I'm not complaining about the time it takes. However, my experience from the past is of almost instantaneous server creation or close to it.

Has anyone had the same experience recently?

Comments

• emghemgh Member

I'm not complaining about the time it takes.

• pbxpbx Member

Instant delivery for me for RS/VPS in the past, and instant delivery of a VPS lately.
    As cores are dedicated to you on the RS, maybe their RS nodes are full and they need to install new hardware?

• I think it depends on the nodes. Last Black Friday, it took them about 2 hours to deliver my RS in Vienna. The RS in Nuremberg is delivered almost instantly

• hapkidohapkido Member

My experience in the recent Easter sale was also very fast for my RS and domain names.

I recall my first service with them was slower due to their security checks.

Is it your first service with them?

• JosephFJosephF Member
    edited April 21

@hapkido said:
    My experience in the recent Easter sale was also very fast for my RS and domain names.

I purchased a domain name from them under their Easter sale. But even though the domain is live and active they still haven't billed me for it. Is this expected?

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@JosephF said:

@hapkido said:

I purchased a domain name from them under their Easter sale. But even though the domain is live and active they still haven't billed me for it. Is this expected?

It's not unexpected (but you should receive the bill soon)

My experience with domain renewal at netcup is that domains are billed later than one might expect

Thanked by 1JosephF

@philcos said:
    Any idea what's going on with Netcup?

I ordered a Root Server 3 days ago and I'm still waiting for it. They say they have a lot of orders to fill. I'm not complaining about the time it takes. However, my experience from the past is of almost instantaneous server creation or close to it.

Has anyone had the same experience recently?

Although it's unusual if the three days are three work days, it sounds like they needed to deploy some new Root Servers

Please let us know when you ordered the Root Server and when you received it

• philcosphilcos Member

@angstrom said: Please let us know when you ordered the Root Server and when you received it

I ordered the RS on 17/April (Wednesday) and just received it (Monday). So, they took 3 business days. Eventually they had to deploy new servers or something.

Also, they now seem a lot more concerned with receiving their money than in the past, as they ask for payment in advance. It contrasts widely with Hetzner, for example.

Thanked by 1angstrom

@philcos said:

@angstrom said: Please let us know when you ordered the Root Server and when you received it

I ordered the RS on 17/April (Wednesday) and just received it (Monday). So, they took 3 business days. Eventually they had to deploy new servers or something.

Yes, they probably needed to deploy new servers

Also, they now seem a lot more concerned with receiving their money than in the past, as they ask for payment in advance. It contrasts widely with Hetzner, for example.

Also a bit unusual in my experience