Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NameCrane Migration Center (Beta Launch) - Self-Serve cPanel Account Transfer Tool
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NameCrane Migration Center (Beta Launch) - Self-Serve cPanel Account Transfer Tool

NameCraneNameCrane Member, Patron Provider

It has been a busy couple of weeks but @Francisco just finished up the initial user-facing release of our Migration Center tool which allows you to easily transfer and restore cPanel accounts on your own when moving to NameCrane.

This has been a big pain point for both our support team and customers, trying to coordinate hosting migrations to reduce downtime. So our goal with building this is to make things as easy and self-serve as possible, with additional features and types of transfers in the future.

The tool supports both single user shared accounts as well as bulk transfers for Reseller plans and Crates.

You can find the Migration Center interface under the 'Tools' menu in the billing area.

We've done quite a bit of testing but are looking for feedback, feature requests, bug reports, etc since I'm sure someone will find a fun edge case to break it with.

DirectAdmin already has user-facing tools for migrations, but we're considering ways to make that process easier as well.

Also thinking about other useful tools for migration, such as an easy to use IMAPsync interface for migrating email accounts.

What other tools would you find useful when switching hosts?

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

We'll need to come up with some sort of construction themed name for it, but I think it turned out pretty good.

cPanel migrations are always pretty involved. The migration is incomplete, the there's time conflicts, etc.

Francisco

• noisycodenoisycode Member
    edited April 19

great work!

there are quite some nc resellers here, especially ones of DA. can i migrate a website w/o pain from a reseller to my own nc account? what if the website is now located in LV and a relocation is preferred?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@noisycode said:
    great work!

there are quite some nc resellers here, especially ones of DA. can i migrate a website w/o pain from a reseller to my own nc account? what if the website is now located in LV and a relocation is preferred?

So long as it’s cpanel on each end you should be good :)

My own testing was between 3 or 4 different namecrane nodes and it all went well.

Francisco