Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storage optimised VPS for seedbox
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Storage optimised VPS for seedbox

ntn888ntn888 Member

Hi I currently have a VPS with servarica (Polar bear storage). It comes with 2GB ram and 2vcore (AMD EPYC 7302). I run my services through docker and I think the system is starved for RAM. Also the location is in Canada (I'd prefer EU).

They also have a plan at $11.11 for 6GB RAM/4c. I'm thinking of going for it. But before that do you guys have any suggestion for VPS for seedbox running plex/emby?

Comments

• davidedavide Member
    edited April 19

Storage server offers with 4GB, 2TB, 1vCore start at ~$5.50 in Europe, you can toggle the search parameters in my affiliated LET aggregator page to tune the results. With 2vCores and 20TB bandwidth the offers shift to ~$11.

Thanked by 1ntn888
  • ntn888ntn888 Member

@davide said:
    Storage server offers with 4GB, 2TB, 1vCore start at ~$5.50 in Europe, you can toggle the search parameters in my affiliated LET aggregator page to tune the results. With 2vCores and 20TB bandwidth the offers shift to ~$11.

Thanks for this.. I ended up with a layer7 offering with massive 50tb traffic (a 2x core xeon VM not KVM one though, I'll check the geekbench score and see if it's sufficient). Anything above 2000 should be okay for me.

• ntn888ntn888 Member

BTW there's a glitch in the layer7 cart total, which incorrectly shows 2eur more than the actual price!! Confused me

• remyremy Member
    edited April 19

@ntn888 said:

@davide said:

Thanks for this.. I ended up with a layer7 offering with massive 50tb traffic (a 2x core xeon VM not KVM one though, I'll check the geekbench score and see if it's sufficient). Anything above 2000 should be okay for me.

You won't get a score above 2000 with this VPS. These cpu models are a little old

@ntn888 said:
    BTW there's a glitch in the layer7 cart total, which incorrectly shows 2eur more than the actual price!! Confused me

Probably VAT.
    I guess you can be exempted

• ntn888ntn888 Member
    edited April 19

@remy Hmm. Not using any public trackers.. I'm aware german providers are harsh on dmca..

• remyremy Member
    edited April 19

@ntn888 said:
    @remy Hmm. Not using any public trackers.. I'm aware german providers are harsh on dmca..

That's not what I meant.
    I meant that the gb6 score will be quite "low" for this VPS.
    At least well below 2000

Thanked by 1ntn888
  • ntn888ntn888 Member

@remy said:

@ntn888 said:

That's not what I meant.
    I meant that the gb6 score will be quite low for this VPS.

Ah I see, thanks. Bummer. I'll check it when it's provisioned, or if not I will have to move to the KVM one for 3eur extra..

Thanked by 1remy
  • @ntn888 said:
    Hi I currently have a VPS with servarica (Polar bear storage). It comes with 2GB ram and 2vcore (AMD EPYC 7302). I run my services through docker and I think the system is starved for RAM. Also the location is in Canada (I'd prefer EU).

They also have a plan at $11.11 for 6GB RAM/4c. I'm thinking of going for it. But before that do you guys have any suggestion for VPS for seedbox running plex/emby?

For a seedbox running Plex/Emby, look for at least 4GB or more RAM and 2-4 vcores for smooth performance. Consider a hosting provider with servers in Denmark for better connectivity in the EU region. Check for SSD storage options for faster access to media files.

Thanked by 1ntn888
  • adilolvadilolv Member

It will be great if you can share your experience with Layer7 and how the server perform for your use-case, I also want to try them but as a backup server.

• emghemgh Member

@greenhost_cloud said: Consider a hosting provider with servers in Denmark for better connectivity in the EU region

what

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • ntn888ntn888 Member

@adilolv said:
    It will be great if you can share your experience with Layer7 and how the server perform for your use-case, I also want to try them but as a backup server.

They haven't still provisioned my service.

However, I went through @sh97 aggregate link and found GreenCloud's 10GbpsStorage1 @ $45 / year. It only has 1TB HDD but the performance is solid with gb6 score of 3000 (it's kvm virtualisation). It's very cheap and great for my usecase.. I believe they also have higher configurations on their site (but it'll be overkill for me).

After a lot of looking around I think I've found my deal :smile:

Thanked by 1sh97
  • shruubshruub Member

@emgh said:

@greenhost_cloud said: Consider a hosting provider with servers in Denmark for better connectivity in the EU region

what

"Offering VPS servers in multiple locations can help attract clients in the US and EU, but lag could still be an issue for some users. Make sure your servers are optimized for fast internet speeds to minimize any potential issues."

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@shruub said:

@emgh said:

what

"Offering VPS servers in multiple locations can help attract clients in the US and EU, but lag could still be an issue for some users. Make sure your servers are optimized for fast internet speeds to minimize any potential issues."

CONSIDER SERVERS IN DENMARK!!!!!

Thanked by 1shruub
  • shruubshruub Member

@emgh said:

@shruub said:

@emgh said:

what

inb4 someone mentions lolland

Thanked by 2xvps emgh
  • xvpsxvps Member

@emgh said:

@shruub said:

@emgh said:

what

LOLland servers are the best. You should try it.

Thanked by 1emgh