Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unable to remove cc from MaxKVM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unable to remove cc from MaxKVM

LisoLiso Member

As you know MaxKVM is lost cause and I have accepted that they're literal scammer and run a rinse and repeat company.

The thing is, I have several vps there, and I have put my credit card on their billing panel, I still can access their whmcs—however I'm unable to remove my credit card from the system, there is no remove function.

What do you suggest I do? I'm afraid they will charge directly from my cc, they still send me invoice for their nonexistent vps.

Comments

• It's not a vcc?

• shruubshruub Member

@malignify said:
    It's not a vcc?

He probably wouldn't worry then.

• @shruub said:

@malignify said:
    It's not a vcc?

He probably wouldn't worry then.

If it's not and if it does happen, should be easy dispute with cc provider for something non-existent :D

• @Liso said:
    As you know MaxKVM is lost cause and I have accepted that they're literal scammer and run a rinse and repeat company.

The thing is, I have several vps there, and I have put my credit card on their billing panel, I still can access their whmcs—however I'm unable to remove my credit card from the system, there is no remove function.

What do you suggest I do? I'm afraid they will charge directly from my cc, they still send me invoice for their nonexistent vps.

Call your bank and get a new cc. If you been charged for the "nonexistent vps" then file a chargeback with your bank. If you are in the US then I suggest you use https://privacy.com/ to hide your real cc and use virtual credit cards. (That's what I use for buying stuff online)

• 88xrzs88xrzs Member

Remember to use PayPal to pay next time

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

@Liso said:

If your bank supports it use virtual cards in future , most UK banks support this ability now and ones that done can normally offer on request

• @Fubukibox said:

@Liso said:

Call your bank and get a new cc. If you been charged for the "nonexistent vps" then file a chargeback with your bank. If you are in the US then I suggest you use https://privacy.com/ to hide your real cc and use virtual credit cards. (That's what I use for buying stuff online)

Many provider check if card is virtual/prepaid and rejected card. Vultr rejected my prepay card.

• @asterisk14 said:

@Fubukibox said:

@Liso said:

Many provider check if card is virtual/prepaid and rejected card. Vultr rejected my prepay card.

Weird, I have a vcc with Vultr. I know that Oracle blocks/rejects vcc along with Google cloud iirc. Microsoft azure works fine for me.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • xvpsxvps Member

I have been in the same situation with another provider.

The bank can't block anyone, so there is only one solution to prevent charges, and that is ordering a new card.

You can make a chargeback via your bank if he abuses your card, but it takes time, and there are no guarantees.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • ailiceailice Member

Its super easy to change new card on any indonesian bank by simply come to KCP or support if you use digital one. It took less 10 minutes for me

• @Fubukibox said:

@asterisk14 said:

@Fubukibox said:

@Liso said:

Weird, I have a vcc with Vultr. I know that Oracle blocks/rejects vcc along with Google cloud iirc. Microsoft azure works fine for me.

I try again again..

• CabbageCabbage Member
    edited April 19

For now, you could contact the bank and let them know it got "lost/compromised". Also, check if the bank provide a mobile app. It may have card pausing function, which you could use right now, and in the future when you make online payments. My bank provides this, and I always keep it paused unless I am buying something online.

• NaomiiNaomii Member

Oof. I would trust very few, if any, providers with major cards. Contact your bank to get a new card.

I also highly recommend Privacy.com, which I use for many different providers and other bills. And PayPal, with PayPal I use the business debit card for sites that don't accept PayPal, that way I still have PayPal level protection.

• emghemgh Member

Just report your card as lost and get a new one. Simple as that.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Fubukibox said:
    If you are in the US then I suggest you use https://privacy.com/ to hide your real cc and use virtual credit cards.

… and lose the lucrative credit card rewards, starting at 2% (on everything) and going up to 20% (for selected brands).

• LisoLiso Member

@malignify said:
    It's not a vcc?

It's not vcc, it's my actual credit card

• LisoLiso Member

@Naomii said:
    Oof. I would trust very few, if any, providers with major cards. Contact your bank to get a new card.

I also highly recommend Privacy.com, which I use for many different providers and other bills. And PayPal, with PayPal I use the business debit card for sites that don't accept PayPal, that way I still have PayPal level protection.

Thanks, I'll try to obtain a vcc—actually I was using PayPal, but they add fee to my purchase so I don't use them anymore. However this whole case is a sign that I should use PayPal again

• LisoLiso Member

@ailice said:
    Its super easy to change new card on any indonesian bank by simply come to KCP or support if you use digital one. It took less 10 minutes for me

Okay, thanks. I'll go issue new one

• Seeing the topic, I remembered that I had not pressed cancel automatic payment in Paypal

Thanks

https://prnt.sc/Ez2Y3qh1NG7T

• @malignify said:
    It's not a vcc?

Try signing up for Oracle Cloud with a VCC.... 😭

• @yoursunny said:

@Fubukibox said:
    If you are in the US then I suggest you use https://privacy.com/ to hide your real cc and use virtual credit cards.

… and lose the lucrative credit card rewards, starting at 2% (on everything) and going up to 20% (for selected brands).

? Why should i use my real cc when i can just mask my cc with a vcc? i buy stuff all the time useing a vcc. i mean points are cool but do i have to use my real cc when buying stuff online and irl and just use vcc when buying other stuff like vps servers online only?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@CloudHopper said:

@malignify said:
    It's not a vcc?

The VCC is not a problem.
    The Bank that issued the VCC is the problem.

VCC work just fine if you got the right Bank.

• Depending where you are based, you may be able to get your bank to cancel the Continuous Payment Authority.

Failing that, a new card.

• @CloudHopper said:

@malignify said:
    It's not a vcc?

you need to set the limit of the vcc to at least $200 for oracle since they do routine checks

• kesurupankesurupan Member
    edited May 1

I get charged when the VCC card is connected to MaxKVM, how do I disconnect it?
    how to delete from maxkvm client area https://manage.maxkvm.com/login

• @kesurupan said:

Well, i'm not a client of MaxKVM but at least according to OP you can't.

Thanked by 1kesurupan
  • LisoLiso Member

@kesurupan said:

You can't, try block the vcc card

Thanked by 1kesurupan