Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Host Hatch VPS in Australia any Good?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is Host Hatch VPS in Australia any Good?

I need a VPS in Australia for a single site that may eventually expand. Reading through LET threads I narrowed down my options to Host Hatch (NVMe 12GB Plan) and Binary Lane ($15/mo Plan).

Any thoughts on Host Hatch's DC in Australia?

Comments

• emghemgh Member

Hosthatch will have a sale soon

Thanked by 1lzy666
  • henrysyhenrysy Member

@emgh said:
    Hosthatch will have a sale soon

May I know when?

• hapkidohapkido Member

Should be around 25th April :)

Thanked by 2emgh nghialele
  • hapkidohapkido Member

But take note, promotional prices plans support will be slower than normal priced.

Unless otherwise stated, sometimes they will have a promotion but state that support is normal.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited April 19

Their servers in Australia are pretty good. They use Equinix SY4. HostHatch, BinaryLane, and QuantumCore are all great hosts in Australia.

I have to give a shout out to BinaryLane, as their control panel is one of the best available today. They have a whole heap of features that other hosts don't have, like:

• Hourly billing at the same cost
    • The ability to upgrade individual resources (eg just add more RAM) without having to upgrade everything
    • Backups, including the ability to store the backups in your own S3 bucket, and the ability mount the backup and grab individual files from it.
    • OpenStack-compatible API
    • Load balancer (extra $10/month)

The hourly billing and ability to scale resources separately make their service very interesting for projects that need to scale according to demand. Using their API, you can spin up more servers (or bump the RAM and CPU on existing servers) during the day, and spin them down at night when demand is lower.

HostHatch are slowly adding features over time, which is nice to see.

QuantumCore is essentially a cookie-cutter WHMCS with no special features. Their service is extremely reliable though.

Thanked by 1tmntwitw
  • HostHatch, imho, is all about stability and relibility. Just go with them.

• tmntwitwtmntwitw Member
    edited April 19

@Daniel15 said: I have to give a shout out to BinaryLane, as their control panel is one of the best available today. They have a whole heap of features that other hosts don't have

+1 for BinaryLane

Backups, including the ability to store the backups in your own S3 bucket, and the ability mount the backup and grab individual files from it.

Imho, this is a killer feature.