Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ColoCrossing - Check Out Our Buffalo Datacenter Tour Video!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ColoCrossing - Check Out Our Buffalo Datacenter Tour Video!

ColoCrossingColoCrossing Member, Patron Provider

Join us on a virtual tour of our Buffalo, NY data center as we explore the state-of-the-art infrastructure and security measures that set our data center apart. From high-speed connectivity to rock-solid reliability, Buffalo offers an array of advantages for your hosting needs.

Curious to see why hosting in Buffalo is the smart choice? Watch the video and discover the benefits for yourself!

Thank you for watching!

Comments

• bootboot Member

That hockey jersey is pretty slick.

• interservermikeinterservermike Member, Patron Provider

Nicely done!

• JabJabJabJab Member

I love the fact when narrator talks about high value assets in parts room we got close up video of E5-2640v1/v2 - someone tried very hard to show true ColoCrossing spirit!

:smirk:

• I know the saying "if it isn't broken, don't fix it" but some of those processors are about 10-12 years old, and stopped being supported by intel some 4 years ago... makes me question how old everything else and the problems that can bring.

The video is nice and all but I don't think this is quite as impressive as someone thought.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • DataWagonDataWagon Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 16

ColoCrossing Buffalo is a great facility, we've been there for over 10 years now and couldn't be happier with the network, infrastructure reliability, support, and pricing.

A lot of people on this forum like to talk bad about it for no apparent reason, but as you can see from this video, it's a real deal facility. On top of that, it's one of the few facilities actually built out from scratch and owned by an independent provider.

• _cece_cece Member

moaaar 99$ ;)

• @DataWagon said:
    ColoCrossing Buffalo is a great facility, we've been there for over 10 years now and couldn't be happier with the network, infrastructure reliability, support, and pricing.

A lot of people on this forum like to talk bad about it for no apparent reason, but as you can see from this video, it's a real deal facility. On top of that, it's one of the few facilities actually built out from scratch and owned by an independent provider.

All good until someone finds an odd bug that, for example, Intel won't assist with because its EOL. Great for game servers or something not very important, probably not great for mission critical stuff.

• No free MAGA hats. Lame.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • ColoCrossingColoCrossing Member, Patron Provider

@twotbbarracuda said:

@DataWagon said:

All good until someone finds an odd bug that, for example, Intel won't assist with because its EOL. Great for game servers or something not very important, probably not great for mission critical stuff.

We appreciate the feedback. While the video may have only zoomed in on bins for some of the more legacy CPUs we do offer a wide array of servers depending on the customer's budget and need. Many of the solutions that we offer are custom solutions that include newer Ryzens, Epycs, and Intel Scalable CPUs.

@_cece said:
    moaaar 99$ ;)

:)

@DataWagon said:

Thank you for the feedback!

• I don't know which is worse. Having old hardware in a proper data center such as this, or newer hardware with a basement provider, or in some self-proclaimed premier and state of the art data center in Italy. Nonetheless, it was a pleasant virtual tour!

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 16

Almost every dedicated server provider I'm aware of still keeps older parts. It's better to sell them for super cheap than just throwing them away. Even Hetzner will still have 2nd gen Intel processors in their Auction servers.

Super cool tour!

• emghemgh Member

Let’s be honest, she does not work at ColoCrossing :D

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran

Happy to have a $99/yr server here, one of the best deals ever.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Love the video. Super neat to see put together like that.

Thanked by 2Calin Not_Oles
  • dnscyoudnscyou Member

• 7$

• coldcold Member

does it comes with ipv6?

@cold said:
    does it comes with ipv6?

Soon!

@dnscyou said:

We are glad your happy with the service!

• dnscyoudnscyou Member

May Day is coming soon, is there a special annual payment server activity for Colorossing?

• DediRockDediRock Member, Patron Provider

Really cool video!

• coldcold Member

@ColoCrossing said:

@cold said:
    does it comes with ipv6?

Soon!

Man soon or Women soon ?

• darkimmortaldarkimmortal Member
    edited April 24

Coloncrossing are doing something right - despite a certain reputation and antique hardware, my uptime of services with them is matched only by AWS/GCP/etc (measured over years). Even ‘prem’ providers have a blip now and again, but I have genuinely never had a hetrix notification from a CC service.
    Sure the usefulness of a 1GB E5v2 VPS is questionable, but 4 years 100.0% uptime is not to be sniffed at (I dread to think what version the host kernel is though)

• dnscyoudnscyou Member

May Day is coming soon, is there a special annual payment server activity for Colorossing?