Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Company directly operating datacenter outside USA?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any Company directly operating datacenter outside USA?

HostMayoHostMayo Member, Host Rep
edited April 14 in Providers

Our recent move with Fiberstate has been an excellent experience. Now we want to add another colocation outside USA and were wondering if any other company directly owns the data center and can provide colocation service. This is to ensure competitive prices and onsite support.

Comments

• conceptconcept Member

I would check out @veloxserv

Thanked by 1veloxserv
  • georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

Maybe sharktech.

• shruubshruub Member

ihostar... I mean netcup or hetzner would probablybe an option.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • I would not recommend to just stick to LET providers who have their own datacenter. Sure, there are some who do and offer great colocation, but there are a lot of other datacenters who offer great service and depending on what you need can offer way better pricing. There are some smaller company’s and a the choice of some let providers like Serverius, Interwerk or Skylink, but if you want more premium providers you can go for Maincubes (PHPFriends is there for example), Interxion, Equinix, Hetzner (I think Advin has colocation there) and much more.
    But depending on what exactly you need it would be a better and a more cost effective choice to just go with a provider in the datacenter instead of the datacenter directly. Larger providers (who also just colocate) often have their own staff in the datacenter and can therefore also offer remote hands, etc. But can also offer lower quantities (like amount of he and equipment needed on your end)

• HostMayoHostMayo Member, Host Rep

thanks for the insights....just had sent queries to @veloxserv and @ecomuk and also under discussion with @AlexBarakov

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

@NoNoisyNeighbour said:
    I would not recommend to just stick to LET providers who have their own datacenter. Sure, there are some who do and offer great colocation, but there are a lot of other datacenters who offer great service and depending on what you need can offer way better pricing. There are some smaller company’s and a the choice of some let providers like Serverius, Interwerk or Skylink, but if you want more premium providers you can go for Maincubes (PHPFriends is there for example), Interxion, Equinix, Hetzner (I think Advin has colocation there) and much more.
    But depending on what exactly you need it would be a better and a more cost effective choice to just go with a provider in the datacenter instead of the datacenter directly. Larger providers (who also just colocate) often have their own staff in the datacenter and can therefore also offer remote hands, etc. But can also offer lower quantities (like amount of he and equipment needed on your end)

Thanks for mentioning! Yes, we are happy to offer everything possible at all our locations, even higher traffic volumes are no problem, including 24/7 emergency service. We also offer LTO, BYOAS and BYOIP.

• ihostart.. my fav host

Thanked by 2cold Calin
  • jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

From my experience, if you dont own the DC, offering colocation larger than a few units wont make much sense in terms of sustainability.

We got our own DC here in Langen (Frankfurt Region), currently working on getting the next 20 cabinets live - expecting to have them rented out kinda fast, lately we filled up eight in less than two months 😄

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 14

There are better options.
    Traffic price 400-450€/Gbit.

If its still Like that lol
    I moved out there a few racks and dont Look back.
    Also Power usage monthly in our new Location was after Migration much lower arround 5000 kwh because cooling wasnt that great i guess.

Cant report about their new Location they moved to in Woerden but lelystad/almere wasnt that great when thinking Again about it. Dont want to begin with some other issues.

@gwnd1989 said:
    ihostart.. my fav host

I think he wants a real dc

edited April 14

@HostMayo said:
    Our recent move with Fiberstate has been an excellent experience. Now we want to add another colocation outside USA and were wondering if any other company directly owns the data center and can provide colocation service. This is to ensure competitive prices and onsite support.

Arent you in DataOne/Alsycon DC for Europe for NL/Europe?
    Or not anymore?

They can make good Deals at least i Heard

edited April 15

@HostSlick said:

@HostMayo said:

Arent you in DataOne/Alsycon DC for Europe for NL/Europe?
    Or not anymore?

They can make good Deals at least i Heard

Yes we are still with Alsycon in NL. He is also offering colocation in Lithuania but Max has not been very responsive to our requests for past few months maybe due to staff shortage or whatsoever the reason might be, he is the only point of contact incase anything is required. Personally he is a very good guy and always extend the support where ever required and the server has also been stable.

• D9DanD9Dan Member

If you are looking for somewhere in the UK then have a word with David @ UKServers.com. They own and operate their own DC with onsite staff 24/7.

Thanked by 1HostMayo
  • ecomukecomuk Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 15

Thanks for the tag @DP. We operate our own data centre at a former UK Government communications facility.

Some info here: https://www.creslowpark.com

There is also some history on the site here (note that this is a third-party site, not written/owned by us): https://beentheredronedthat.wordpress.com/2024/03/30/former-fco-mi6-secure-communications-sites-of-buckinghamshire-2-of-3-creslow/

• alexhostalexhost Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 15

@HostMayo said:

Hello,

Sure, we have Colocation available and we have new room for racks. We're working in many things.

You can check our Colocation here:
    https://alexhost.com/colocation-in-moldova/

Here is some working behind the scenes (this is other new room)
    https://t.me/AlexHost/102

ASN: AS200019

We own the datacenter, network and Hardware in Republic Moldova
    You are free to contact us if you have any doubt regarding our Colocation.

Best Regards,
    Alexhost

Thanked by 1HostMayo

77€ per month for a single unit. Power seems to be expensive over there.

@ecomuk said: UK Government communications facility.

You love to brag about the 007 part :)

Thanked by 1shruub
  • alexhostalexhost Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 17

@HostMayo said:

Hello, Dear HostMayo

We try our best to guarantee good prices at the Colocation, but it is necessary to see the energy prices.

Plus we're in an "exotic" location. Unfortunately we can't do it that cheaply at the moment, but we're working towards it. :)

Try to contact us via ticket with all the details or requirements and we will make a quote for you and maybe a long term discount is possible.

P.S: Thanks @DP for mention us! ;)

Any questions just contact us.

Sincerely,
    Alexhost

• coldcold Member

@HostSlick said:

@gwnd1989 said:
    ihostart.. my fav host

I think he wants a real dc

Basement DC is also a real dc

Thanked by 1gwnd1989
  • sassliksasslik Member
    edited April 17

@alexhost said:

@HostMayo said:

Hello, Dear HostMayo

We try our best to guarantee good prices at the Colocation, but it is necessary to see the energy prices.

Plus we're in an "exotic" location. Unfortunately we can't do it that cheaply at the moment, but we're working towards it. :)

Try to contact us via ticket with all the details or requirements and we will make a quote for you and maybe a long term discount is possible.

P.S: Thanks @DP for mention us! ;)

Any questions just contact us.

Sincerely,
    Alexhost

Only for Modavians it's "exotic", for the rest of Europe it's a shithole, lol.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@FlorinMarian garage
    @c1vhosting basement
    @HostSlick bunker

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian
  • FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@yoursunny said:
    @FlorinMarian garage
    @c1vhosting basement
    @HostSlick bunker

6 square meters aren't enough to be called "garage" :(