Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cosmic Guard Vs Path
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cosmic Guard Vs Path

Backstory. I run a popular FiveM roleplaying server that typically has 50-100 players online at any given time. Unfortunately the size of our community has also got unwanted attention from people. Over the past few months we've experienced numerous DDoS attacks that have taken the server offline.

Currently our server is hosted with OVH, but keeps getting taken down at large volume attacks we've been facing. I've been looking at moving to a provider.

Specifically, I've been considering Tempest's dedicated servers or Cosmic's dedicated server which are both designed for withstanding DDoS traffic. Does anyone have experience with either of these providers specifically in regards to hosting a FiveM? I want to choose an option that will keep my server online and in-game even during attempted attacks. Reliability is really important since our community plays for hours at a time.

Any recommendations or advice would be amazing

Comments

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

both have there issues but between the 2 would choose path anyday. cosmic support is quite limited and path is there when you need if you need any custom filtering. path all day long between the 2 cosmic is ok but not the strongest

• @Jasonhyperhost said:
    both have there issues but between the 2 would choose path anyday. cosmic support is quite limited and path is there when you need if you need any custom filtering. path all day long between the 2 cosmic is ok but not the strongest

Thanks for the response, I saw Tempest as well as a firewall where I can manage all of my filters and rules which is a plus. Thank you

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

@mclovinit101 said:

@Jasonhyperhost said:

Thanks for the response, I saw Tempest as well as a firewall where I can manage all of my filters and rules which is a plus. Thank you

keep in mind if your taking there remote production on your network you need to build your own panel to control filters they give you a API only , if you take there servers via tempest you would get a control panel for filters

• GhtGht Member

The real problem its to filters not to the volume of the attack , OVH does not have the filters , so +1 here for Path & for CosmicGuard , they are the same people that moved from path and created CosmicGuard.