Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

small vps needed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

small vps needed

Hello
I am looking for a vps to run a public dns resolver.
Specs - 512MB RAM, 500GB Data Transfer, 5 to 10GB disk space, ipv4 clean ip.
Location - India or Singapore
Budget - I don't know what will be appropriate price for this, so as low as possible!

Thanked by 1tothost

Comments

• davidedavide Member

WebHorizon has (no aff)

• Disk 30GB NVME
    • RAM 2GB
    • CPU 1 core
    • Bandwidth 1024 GB
    • SG location

For $4.24 / month (yearly). See product specs (aff)

• PorlamPorlam Member

GreenCloudVPS 2222 SG

• 2GB RAM
    • 22GB RAID-10 NVMe 4.0 Hard drive
    • 2 cores EPYC Milan CPU
    • 1 IPv4, /112 IPv6
    • 750GB Bandwidth
    • Singapore DC
    • $22.00/year ($1.85/month)
    Thanked by 1zGato
  • zGatozGato Member
    edited April 13

just.hosting, available in 🇸🇬 Singapore

has:

• Plan: VPS Promo
    • CPU: 1 core
    • RAM: 512MB
    • Storage: 5GB HDD
    • Unmetered bandwidth @ 10Mbps (around 3TB / month)

For $1.16 USD/month
    affiliated link | non-affiliated

As per their Terms of Service, you're free to run a public DNS resolver, but you can contact support if you want to make sure.

AS26383
    (most likely you're going to get assinged to 192.124.176.0/24)

Thanked by 1Frameworks
  • RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

We can do below KVM VPS in Singapore

1GB RAM DDR4
    1xCPU Core (Ryzen Shared)
    15GB SSD Storage
    1 IP Address
    1000GB Bandwidth
    Can do for $45/year ($3.75/m)

https://www.h4f.net/singapore-vps/

• davidedavide Member
    edited April 13

You can go as low as $0.85/month with those specs, but in the USA. I configured my VPS search engine for your requirements, check it out! (all links therein are affiliated)

@sh97 also has a collection of LET offers on his website, the LXC / OpenVZ ones are the cheapest.

• zGatozGato Member
    edited April 13

@davide said:
    You can go as low as $0.85/month with those specs, but in the USA. I configured my VPS search engine for your requirements, check it out! (all links therein are affiliated)

@sh97 also has a collection of LET offers on his website, the LXC / OpenVZ ones are the cheapest.

Your configurator is wrong, since when Aéza provides BGP on VPSs?

• davidedavide Member
    edited April 13

@zGato said:
    Your configurator is wrong, since when Aéza provides BGP on VPSs?

Isn't there a motorway nearby you can go play a blindfold piñata on? Eheh.

But the config is correct anyway.

• sh97sh97 Member

@davide thanks for the mention. Have to agree with @zGato here - Aeza does not support BGP for VPS, only for their dedis (this was confirmed with the aeza support by him too)

@anagha - https://lowend-deals.xbit.win/ (some links are aff)
    You can find some of the cheapest plans here. Greencloud has a sale going on, they're really value for money - I'd highly recommend that.

Other (custom) options as mentioned here are WebHorizon @Abd and Kuroit @ManishPant

Thanked by 3ManishPant Abd zGato
  • anaghaanagha Member

@davide said:

I just had a look thorugh it, seems for singapore there's no 512mb plan and min plan starts at approx 4 USD which is actually value for money but overkill for my use case. I am keeping my DNS public, but it will be used mostly by my classmates and other friends, so hardly 250 to 300 people.

Thank you!

• anaghaanagha Member

@sh97 said:
    @davide thanks for the mention. Have to agree with @zGato here - Aeza does not support BGP for VPS, only for their dedis (this was confirmed with the aeza support by him too)

@anagha - https://lowend-deals.xbit.win/ (some links are aff)
    You can find some of the cheapest plans here. Greencloud has a sale going on, they're really value for money - I'd highly recommend that.

I will have a look at it!
    Thank you!

• anaghaanagha Member

@zGato said:

has:

Singapore not there

• anaghaanagha Member

@sh97 @davide Hey one more thing, I want plans to be scalable, if necessary in future! Can you recommend some providers based on this.

• PorlamPorlam Member

WebHorizon is a upgradable VPS

Thanked by 1sh97
  • ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

@anagha If you can do $3 per month then we can offer this:

1 vCore (AMD Ryzen/Epyc)
    1GB DDR4 RAM
    15GB NVMe Space
    1TB Bandwidth
    1 IPv4 + /64 IPv6

Looking Glass: https://sg.lg.kuroit.com

• davidedavide Member

@sh97 said:

I was explicitly confirmed otherwise by their customer support, I'll keep my data as it is until further authoritative corrections should be given:

• sh97sh97 Member

@davide said:

@sh97 said:

I was explicitly confirmed otherwise by their customer support, I'll keep my data as it is until further authoritative corrections should be given:

Very interesting.

@AezaHost can you give a definitive answer?

• shruubshruub Member

@davide said:

Why dontcha slap some ssl on the site? Looks really nice, especially with the xmr payment options and stuff.

• davidedavide Member
    edited April 13

@shruub said:
    Why dontcha slap some ssl on the site? Looks really nice, especially with the xmr payment options and stuff.

I know it's cool! Will put a TLS certificate on it at some point, I already have Let's Encrypt configured for another domain, it won't take much effort to adapt that certificate's config.

There are 1500-1600 VPS offers currently listed and searchable, the quantity floats as services come and go out of stock, and the whole dataset is updated twice per week currently. All offers come from Low End patrons and prices tend to be good bangs for the buck!

Thanked by 1shruub
  • zGatozGato Member

@anagha said:

@zGato said:

has:

Singapore not there

what?

• anaghaanagha Member

@zGato said:

what?

My bad, I saw web hosting plans instead of vps plans!

Thanked by 1zGato
  • @anagha said:

@zGato said:

what?

Their bandwidth is unlimited but speed is so expensive
    Correct me if I am wrong 1 gbps is 333$/ month , right ?

• @babywinchester said:

@anagha said:

@zGato said:

what?

Their bandwidth is unlimited but speed is so expensive
    Correct me if I am wrong 1 gbps is 333$/ month , right ?

That cheap if unmetered or unlimited , cuz dedicated alone already more than it

• anaghaanagha Member

I want to extend my budget too 5USD, I will run my blog and pingvin share on the same server! Earlier I thought of getting a different vps for DNS. But no options are available! So @davide @sh97 @zGato are there any good options at 5USD, I have seen Vultr and DO, they cost 6USD after 18%GST. I want a reliable provider with good uptime and customer support, DDoS protection if present very good. Please leave a short review of provider whom you trust.

Also can you list vps providers from Singapore and India you know! I will try to make a comparison between them!

Thank you!

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member

@anagha

contact @rsk and @Abd for Singapore VPS offers

Solid VPS with excellent performance

Thanked by 2Abd rsk
  • anaghaanagha Member

@dev_vps said:
    @anagha

Yeah I have messaged @rsk at present singapore is out of stock!

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@anagha said:

@dev_vps said:
    @anagha

Yeah I have messaged @rsk at present singapore is out of stock!

Yes, we are sold out in SG currently.

• tothosttothost Member, Patron Provider

@anagha said:
    Hello
    I am looking for a vps to run a public dns resolver.
    Specs - 512MB RAM, 500GB Data Transfer, 5 to 10GB disk space, ipv4 clean ip.
    Location - India or Singapore
    Budget - I don't know what will be appropriate price for this, so as low as possible!

I have this specs but Location: Vietnam (Asia region). With two packages: KVM, Vmware. You can check at: https://billing.tothost.vn/