Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Theme suggestions for WHMCS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Theme suggestions for WHMCS

edited April 11 in General

I'm currently using a WordPress frontend end site for SEO and WHMCS with a custom SIX template for the client area. WHMCS is probably removing the SIX theme and support for bootstrap 3 with the next major release so I will be looking to migrate everything.

I want to keep it simple and just run everything on WHMCS. I purchased a license for Lagom to try it out but never ended up using it. I think it's overkill for what I am doing. I don't want to purchase annual licenses and maintaining it myself in leu of that would be too much work.

I think I would prefer a Twenty One child theme I just buy once and maintain that myself. Currently looking at TwentyX but wondering if there is anything better?

https://whmcsglobalservices.com/clientarea-template/twentyx/

It's also possible that WHMCS comes out with some new parent theme for v9 based on BS5.

Comments

• emghemgh Member
    edited April 11

@LosPollosHermanos said: I supposed it's also possible that WHMCS comes out with some new parent theme for v9. Perhaps even based on bootstrap 5.

Is that the next major release you were talking about?

Maybe ask them if you're really curious, else, wait.

I mean, if the new default is great for you, why bother spend time on this stuff till then?

• edited April 11

@emgh said:

@LosPollosHermanos said: I supposed it's also possible that WHMCS comes out with some new parent theme for v9. Perhaps even based on bootstrap 5.

I mean, if the new default is great for you, why bother spend time on this stuff till then?

Not sure what you mean if the new default is great for me. Twenty one is the only other parent theme option there is right now. It's based on BS4 which is already outdated, so that's not so great.

• emghemgh Member

@LosPollosHermanos said:

@emgh said:

I did ask them but they didn't have much to say about it. Not sure what you mean if the new default is great for me. Having to migrate everything is not great for me in any way, shape or form. However, I also understand that BS3 is pretty long in the tooth and they need to move on.

Ah, I didn't realize you had so much things that would need to be migrated. I'd probably still, if it works for you, base your new child theme off of the new official theme if there is any. Seems like less risk compared to those third-party themes with security issues.

• vsys_hostvsys_host Member, Patron Provider

We use 21 child and happy with that
    You can check out the level of possible customization