Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need DMCA ignored server having ≥6TB storage with 1Gbps port
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need DMCA ignored server having ≥6TB storage with 1Gbps port

Hello,

As per my use case, i would like to publicly share my jellyfin server to users and i would disable transcoding as much as possible.

Im looking for bandwidth and storage as of now. Price should be below 25USD since i was using a seedbox for the same price but that had restrictions including not making it publicly available, DMCA strikes etc. Thanks

Comments

• shruubshruub Member

Ihostart @Calin , no other option

• davidedavide Member
    edited April 10

There are options at $5/month at 100mbps unmetered, DMCA-ignored but without the amount of storage you need. You might consider to use a DMCA-ignore proxy server in front of the storage server.

Thanked by 1shruub
  • WhiteRoseGWhiteRoseG Member
    edited April 10

Just take a random VPS and mount a Hetzner Storage Box I do the same thing, you don't need DMCA ignored stuff just crypt your drive with rclone and you're fine

Thanked by 1host_c
  • CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@shruub said: Ihostart @Calin , no other option

>

Thanks for mention

@awoke9256 check our deals > https://panel.ihostart.com/index.php?rp=/store/storage

Regards

Thanked by 1awoke9256
  • host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

You do not need a DCMA ignore provider for stuff like plex, jellyfin, as long as the videos are not on public display, you are fine.

No one cares what you store, problems arrive if they are publicly visible.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited April 10

Like you let us understand in the other thread, since you dont use torrents or download anything, why would you need dmca ignored? Just buy hetzner or whatever.

Jellyfin needs login, so nobody can see the movies as guest. Theres no need for dmca ignored.

• @host_c said:
    You do not need a DCMA ignore provider for stuff like plex, jellyfin, as long as the videos are not on public display, you are fine.

But i will be sharing them with approx 100 users so that i can get some money from them. Ofc it will be behind a login screen. Wont it need DMCA protection ?

• @stefeman said:
    Like you let us understand in the other thread, since you dont use torrents or download anything, why would you need dmca ignored? Just buy hetzner or whatever.

Jellyfin needs login, so nobody can see the movies as guest. Theres no need for dmca ignored.

Oh shit thats right but:::::: i guess you are right ? I wont be getting into trouble if i have a login screen right ?

• davidedavide Member

@awoke9256 said:
    Oh shit thats right but:::::: i guess you are right ? I wont be getting into trouble if i have a login screen right ?

No unless one of your trusted users is an undercover mole.

Thanked by 1Tingull
  • @awoke9256 said:

@host_c said:

But i will be sharing them with approx 100 users so that i can get some money from them. Ofc it will be behind a login screen. Wont it need DMCA protection ?

Don't worry you can use normal vps

• Thank you everyone. I will go with some other VPS which is cheap

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited April 10

@awoke9256 said:

@host_c said:

Nobody will care if there is only a login screen. They cant know or see the content behind it. You dont need DMCA ignored for that.

Thanked by 1awoke9256
  • VoidVoid Member

@awoke9256 said:
    Wont it need DMCA protection ?

Not for Jellyfin but depending on how you plan to get the content to your server, it might be needed.

• Don't forget tunnel trough cloudflare

• alexhostalexhost Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 11

Hello,

We have cheap dedicated servers starting from 26,50€ euros per month.
    https://alexhost.com/dedicated-servers/

If you increase your budget a little more you can a good deal.