Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Colocation in Serbia
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Colocation in Serbia

layer7layer7 Member, Host Rep, LIR
edited April 9 in Requests

Hi,

anyone any suggestion for colocation space in serbia?

I have no idea what possibilities are there so i dont want to limit potential solutions by putting on any requirements.

I will be thankful for any suggestion / advice / contact.

Thank you!

Comments

• zGatozGato Member

M247

Thanked by 1layer7
  • layer7 in (desolate lowlands of) serbia sounds promising!

Thanked by 1shruub
  • shruubshruub Member
    edited April 9

now that's quite funny

Regardless, iirc, beenet.rs was solid. But that's only because the website looks vaguely looks similar back when I was checking on eastern european/balkan dcs.

Edit: actually, not sure if they are the best. Domain registered in 2023, claiming to exist since 2012. They are also wierdly reselling hetzner? We might need some LowEndDetectives.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

If you're open to a neighbouring country - we can help out in Sofia, BG.

• davidedavide Member

@shruub said:
    now that's quite funny

Nice Bing skin you have there!

• remyremy Member

Why Serbia, if you don't mind my asking ?

• shruubshruub Member

@davide said:

@shruub said:
    now that's quite funny

Nice Bing skin you have there!

Have you ever heard how ddg works? Could have also posted a screenshot of Ecosia or similar, I just chose ddg.

• layer7layer7 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@remy said:

Hi,

customer request i assume he wants to provide sub-customers for whom this location is important.

And yes i also searched with the search engines and contacted some, but they didnt answer.

So maybe someone would have already some contact to make make first contact more easy.

@AlexBarakov said:

Thank you very much! I will ask the customer if he would be an option too.

Currently i am searching for:

Iceland / Swiss / Denmark / San Marino and Serbia...

• davidedavide Member
    edited April 9

I'm 30 km from San Marino in case you need a stooge with boots on the ground.
    Gonna teach 'em a lesson if you need me to.

• @layer7 said:

@remy said:

Hi,

customer request i assume he wants to provide sub-customers for whom this location is important.

And yes i also searched with the search engines and contacted some, but they didnt answer.

So maybe someone would have already some contact to make make first contact more easy.

@AlexBarakov said:

Thank you very much! I will ask the customer if he would be an option too.

Currently i am searching for:

Iceland / Swiss / Denmark / San Marino and Serbia...

sounds promising!

@hyperblast said:
    sounds promising!

Hi,

... i get the feeling you are an optimist!

@davide said:

Yep... exactly the need for this kind of action i try to avoid by selecting a good partner ( at best on the 1st try, and not on the 10th )...

Thank you for the offer, i will remember it if need arise :)

Thanked by 1davide
  • AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

@zGato said:
    M247

One kidney may not be enough...

• @layer7 said:

@hyperblast said:
    sounds promising!

Hi,

... i get the feeling you are an optimist!

@davide said:

Yep... exactly the need for this kind of action i try to avoid by selecting a good partner ( at best on the 1st try, and not on the 10th )...

Thank you for the offer, i will remember it if need arise :)

your feelings do not disappoint you, it is true. serbia, iceland, switzerland and denmark. madness! @layer7

• representing the desolate lowlands of serbia! ;)

Thanked by 1bikegremlin
  • @hyperblast said:

representing the desolate lowlands of serbia! ;)

Stay away. Life is better that way.

We keep our shit at Hetzner, and so should you.

Thanked by 1hyperblast

@bikegremlin said:

Hi,

well maybe 10 years ( or so ) ago, when the falkenstein location was still pretty new, we rented there a rack and let hetzner route our IP space there.

Hetzner managed to nullroute a whole /24 network because one IP got one spamabuse.

I mean we talk here about business. And we are not talking here about a 20 EUR dedicated server.

After i talked to them on the phone, and asked them if they totally lost their mind, they instantly reactivated it again. But total downtime was maybe 1h.

Another time, hetzner contacted us and asked us to reduce the PPS rate.

After asking hetzner how the customer is supposed to tell his adobe streaming server to reduce the PPS to do its job, hetzner did not answer us anymore.

To us, hetzner just felt like a location you should not run serious business on, as hetzner lives in the world of endcustomers and it seemed to us they dont make a difference if they talk with a 20 EUR endcustomer or a 2000 EUR business customer. At least at that time it seemed to me that they dont understand what is ok to do when handling a situation with an endcustomer who's private website of his favorite fishes might go down and what is not ok to do when handling issues with a company who run business based on their infrastructure.

We did not dare to find out what will come next and cancelled the rack after maybe 1/2 year or so.

When we again had the situation of low space in our racks in frankfurt, i again checked out hetzner. I talked with a sales, telling him about our experience and asked him if this can still happen like this.

His answer was that it can not happen anymore like this. Their network hardware changed a lot and the network can sustain now better situations like this.

To me that meant that nothing changed in their politics.

In the past we also rented hetzner servers and routed our IPs there when we were short on hardware ( that was even before he took the rack ). Out of 10 servers, 3 servers had issues with SMART of the disks. And i am not talking about high run times, i am talking about Seek errors and relocated sectors and so on ( on good old spinning disks back then -- there was no ssd yet living ;-) ).

They refused to change the disks, as they were somehow still working.... well... for the private website with your goldfishes maybe ok, for business not.

So long story, short sum: Hetzner is great if you dont care about uptime/reliability.

For sure there are hundreds of people who could ( and maybe will hrhr ) write that they never had any issues with hetzner and that it is " rocksolid " or what so ever. And thats great, and i hope they can say that also tomorrow and the year after.

But for us, we had this experience. And thats why hetzner is for us, currently, a no go.

And to get back to the topic:

As to serbia: I can perfectly imagine that if you choose the wrong "partner" you might end up with a lot more worst situations than SMART or null routed networks for 1h ;-)

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@layer7 said: Thank you very much! I will ask the customer if he would be an option too.

Sounds good! Keep in touch! We can be very aggressively priced.

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

Zenlayer & PhoenixNAP are both in Belgrade. Both are decent picks.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • viewview Member

For colocation in Serbia, search for

Cetin
    Beotel
    SBB
    Hosting022
    Akton
    OrionTelekom
    Telekom Srbija

I currently have a server room located in Serbia, but I'm not yet equipped to handle large clients on my infrastructure. However, I'm ready to assist you in finding a suitable solution or acting as your on-site representative. I have experience and contacts in almost all these companies.

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin Member
    edited April 13

@layer7 said:

@bikegremlin said:

Hi,

well maybe 10 years ( or so ) ago, when the falkenstein location was still pretty new, we rented there a rack and let hetzner route our IP space there.

Hetzner managed to nullroute a whole /24 network because one IP got one spamabuse.

I mean we talk here about business. And we are not talking here about a 20 EUR dedicated server.

After i talked to them on the phone, and asked them if they totally lost their mind, they instantly reactivated it again. But total downtime was maybe 1h.

Another time, hetzner contacted us and asked us to reduce the PPS rate.

After asking hetzner how the customer is supposed to tell his adobe streaming server to reduce the PPS to do its job, hetzner did not answer us anymore.

To us, hetzner just felt like a location you should not run serious business on, as hetzner lives in the world of endcustomers and it seemed to us they dont make a difference if they talk with a 20 EUR endcustomer or a 2000 EUR business customer. At least at that time it seemed to me that they dont understand what is ok to do when handling a situation with an endcustomer who's private website of his favorite fishes might go down and what is not ok to do when handling issues with a company who run business based on their infrastructure.

We did not dare to find out what will come next and cancelled the rack after maybe 1/2 year or so.

When we again had the situation of low space in our racks in frankfurt, i again checked out hetzner. I talked with a sales, telling him about our experience and asked him if this can still happen like this.

His answer was that it can not happen anymore like this. Their network hardware changed a lot and the network can sustain now better situations like this.

To me that meant that nothing changed in their politics.

In the past we also rented hetzner servers and routed our IPs there when we were short on hardware ( that was even before he took the rack ). Out of 10 servers, 3 servers had issues with SMART of the disks. And i am not talking about high run times, i am talking about Seek errors and relocated sectors and so on ( on good old spinning disks back then -- there was no ssd yet living ;-) ).

They refused to change the disks, as they were somehow still working.... well... for the private website with your goldfishes maybe ok, for business not.

So long story, short sum: Hetzner is great if you dont care about uptime/reliability.

For sure there are hundreds of people who could ( and maybe will hrhr ) write that they never had any issues with hetzner and that it is " rocksolid " or what so ever. And thats great, and i hope they can say that also tomorrow and the year after.

But for us, we had this experience. And thats why hetzner is for us, currently, a no go.

And to get back to the topic:

As to serbia: I can perfectly imagine that if you choose the wrong "partner" you might end up with a lot more worst situations than SMART or null routed networks for 1h ;-)

If you insist on hosting in the land of rakija & mafia, Unlimited.rs folks are OK and I’d ask them first:

https://unlimited.rs/en/server-colocation/

Edit - almost forgot my affiliate link:
    https://panel.unlimited.rs/aff.php?aff=224

Yachts won't pay for themselves!

Relja

Thanked by 1shruub
  • @view said:
    For colocation in Serbia, search for

Cetin
    Beotel
    SBB
    Hosting022
    Akton
    OrionTelekom
    Telekom Srbija

I currently have a server room located in Serbia, but I'm not yet equipped to handle large clients on my infrastructure. However, I'm ready to assist you in finding a suitable solution or acting as your on-site representative. I have experience and contacts in almost all these companies.

Hmm.

My experience with the Telekom Srbija technical support (in Serbocroatian):
    https://io.bikegremlin.com/34200/mts-tehnicka-podrska-iskustvo/

My experience with Orion (also in Serbocroatian):
    https://www.bikegremlin.net/threads/orion-telekom-brzi-opticki-internet-video.51/

Relja

• viewview Member

Yes, I forget about unlimited. He is also reliable but as I know he does not own DC, he rents space in Cetin.

Thanked by 1bikegremlin

@bikegremlin said:
    If you insist on hosting in the land of rakija & mafia, Unlimited.rs folks are OK

Hi,

hrhr thank you for the warning!

It is a customer request. I just try to satisfy it.

I will not judge the decision of a customer. But i will forward to him your warnings, so he can decide.

@all

Thank you very much for your tips and suggestions and warnings. You gave me plenty of options to check them all out :smile:

Thanked by 1bikegremlin