Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review for Domain Registrar Onamae.com | 1/5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review for Domain Registrar Onamae.com | 1/5

dhmodhmo Member

I am customer for onamae.com for little long and My experience with them is very bad.

I will share my experience.

1. The dashboard is not professional and Too many ads.
    It's little stressful,,,

2. On ordering domain, they will show popup and ask "Do you need webserver?"
    if you misclick "Yes" you have to pay for server forcely for few months, cannot cancel and no refund even you explain!

3. Domain pricing is only cheap for only first year
    After 2nd year the pricing is expensive than other companies.

4. Add over 200 DNS records to your domain without your permission.
    When I update nameserver to Cloudflare, I have to delete over 200 records and I waste my time.

5. Too many marketing emails, over 10 emails every day.

6. Too slow support. When they suspend my account,
    They keep sending marketing emails and I can do not stop it because unable to login to account.
    So I ask them to stop, and it takes too long.

7. Suspending domain because got abuse-report from spamhaus ( and it's false! )

I am now using other companies and feeling better experience.
Better & Fast support with cheaper price without SCAM like business,
I love my current registrars!

To LET Admins:
If this review is violate LET rules I am sorry.
I follow your rules with my best, but please understand that this review is based on the real experience by me when using the company that I reviewed today.

Comments

• dhmodhmo Member

P.S: Onamae.com is by GMO Internet.
    They have also other domain registras such as Z.COM, MuuMuu Domain, Value Domain etc.
    I also do not recommend them too! (because they are operated by same company)

• BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep
    1. What made you choose a provider with ads in the first place?
    2. Most domain registars try to encourage you to buy their other hosting plans
    3. This happens a lot, which is why I always check the renew price too.
    4. -
    5. -
    6. How long have you been waiting?
  • emghemgh Member

Dude how much time u got

• dhmodhmo Member
    1. Always show annoying popup and can't browse control panel.
    2. No. They will add subscription of hosting by miscliking "Yes" no refund, no additional check. It's show on checkout.
    3. Yes, but they say "We are cheapest" but the renewal price is much expensive than average, they lied.
    4. -
    5. -
    6. 1-2 or 3 day for get replied. Most of US company replied me in few hours.
  • dhmodhmo Member

Additionally The marketing email that cannot stop immediately when user want to stop receiving it, is illegal.
    3 day is not "immediately" so Yes It's illegal

• emghemgh Member

@dhmo said:
    Additionally The marketing email that cannot stop immediately when user want to stop receiving it, is illegal.

BLOCK SENDER

• dhmodhmo Member

@emgh said:

@dhmo said:

BLOCK SENDER

This is true.
    But the law said "senders have to stop immediately when user says STOP"
    :P

• emghemgh Member

@dhmo said:

@emgh said:

@dhmo said:

BLOCK SENDER

This is true.
    But the law said "senders have to stop immediately when user says STOP"
    :P

Sue!

Thanked by 1meditatingsurgeon
  • @dhmo said: Additionally The marketing email that cannot stop immediately when user want to stop receiving it, is illegal.

You should be asked if you want to receive marketing emails from onamae when you register as a member...
    And you can also choose to receive marketing emails in settings area, which is clearly described in the help section.
    https://help.onamae.com/answer/8126
    I don't feel like there's a problem.

• MumblyMumbly Member

@dhmo said: I will share my experience.

Thank you for sharing your experience about a registrar that no one has heard about. Your input is very valuable.

Thanked by 2shruub niranjan
  • shruubshruub Member

How to open 20+ discussions online (fast)

Thanked by 2MrRetslav niranjan
  • dhmodhmo Member

@nagasaki_castella said:

@dhmo said: Additionally The marketing email that cannot stop immediately when user want to stop receiving it, is illegal.

You should be asked if you want to receive marketing emails from onamae when you register as a member...
    And you can also choose to receive marketing emails in settings area, which is clearly described in the help section.
    https://help.onamae.com/answer/8126
    I don't feel like there's a problem.

I got banned from them and to stop receving the marketing emails, I need to go client area.

But I got banned for no reason, so it's not possible.
    then I contact support to stop it, and support is too slow

That is my experience with them.

I have NOT lied in my review.

And Onamae.com is know for very low quality service with higher cost.
    I share my experience because for prevent peoples from the service who doesn't know the real and start use their Service to waste time and money and get more stress.
    Many blogs are introduce them as "good" but that is not true.
    The experience from the user been used them for over years, they are definitely not worth.

Using other service such as XDomain(Reseller of netowl) or Spaceship, Namecheap is definitely better option.

• Bro, you are all over LET in case you have not realized. I open LET to see new offer of $7/year but I see "dhmo" :neutral:

Thanked by 1shruub
  • dhmodhmo Member

@Mumbly said:

Thank you for sharing your experience about a registrar that no one has heard about. Your input is very valuable.

Well they are famous too.
    Z.Com, muumuu-domain, value-domain, etc are also by GMO(GMO is company of Onamae)

• dhmodhmo Member

@anubhavhirani said:
    Bro, you are all over LET in case you have not realized. I open LET to see new offer of $7/year but I see "dhmo" :neutral:

lmao

• totototototo Member

@dhmo said:

@Mumbly said:

Z.Com, muumuu-domain, value-domain, etc are also by GMO(GMO is company of Onamae)

It might feel famous to you as a Japanese, but to people outside of Japan, it would be an obscure domain registrar.
    As far as I know, prominent domain price comparison sites do not feature (affiliate) links to GMO Company's registrar.

• dhmodhmo Member

@tototo said:

@dhmo said:

@Mumbly said:

It might feel famous to you as a Japanese, but to people outside of Japan, it would be an obscure domain registrar.
    As far as I know, prominent domain price comparison sites do not feature (affiliate) links to GMO Company's registrar.

well they are large also in world ranking too :joy:

• MumblyMumbly Member

@dhmo said: well they are large also in world ranking too

https://www.onamae.com/

For those few who understand Japanese.

• rcy026rcy026 Member

@dhmo said:

well they are large also in world ranking too :joy:

They are pretty big in numbers of domains, yes, but they are rarely used outside their respective country.
    If the site is not available in English you can safely assume that they are not commonly used outside of their country of origin.

Thanked by 4Mumbly tototo Porlam emgh
  • PorlamPorlam Member
    edited April 9

I know this provider offer domain of 1 year free and claim higher price after a year.
    And, they are doing domain got customer's expired domains and up to auction.(victim of onamae.com are included NTT)

• dhmodhmo Member

@Porlam said:
    I know this provider offer domain of 1 year free and claim higher price after a year.
    And, they are doing domain got customer's expired domains and up to auction.(victim of onamae.com are included NTT)

Yea. thats correct
    Also they get expired domain automachically to do auction.
    For example Onamae got NTT Docomo's domain "docomokouza.jp" and start auction.
    If the domain taken by 3rd people this can be abuse so too danger so NTT is ask GMO(onamae's company) and set a auto bid without the limit and they take back the domain.

And also Onamae got JP gov's domain "covid19-info.jp" is expired and got by GMO,
    Imagine. it's gov's domain, If 3rd people got domain it can be abused.
    but they wont stop sell it.

You can see they only thinking about money,
    even someone got scammed or someone got some damage, they never care

• dhmodhmo Member
    edited April 9

And also Onamae got JP gov's domain "covid19-info.jp" is expired and got by GMO,
    Imagine. it's gov's domain, If 3rd people got domain it can be abused.

And also this is the reason I do not like my Government...

They don't know domain are too important and need to keep for a long.
    because they are too famous and the domain they used before is easy to abused.

And there are also solution like use tlds for only gov such as go.jp

• PorlamPorlam Member

@dhmo said: And also this is the reason I do not like my Government...

I agree. but, registering .go.jp is annoying and expensive than normal .jp domain.
    (ps: prefecture of I live was happened same trouble)

• dhmodhmo Member

@Porlam said:

@dhmo said: And also this is the reason I do not like my Government...

I agree. but, registering .go.jp is annoying and expensive than normal .jp domain.
    (ps: prefecture of I live was happened same trouble)

covid19-info.jp is gov's domain.
    they can get go.jp for free i think, cuz go.jp is gov's domain

• PorlamPorlam Member

@dhmo said: they can get go.jp for free i think, cuz go.jp is gov's domain

Nope, they need to pay about 7000 jpy to registrar.

• dhmodhmo Member

imagine gov dont want to pay even 7000 jpy :joy:
    using go.jp will prevent from someone register so...

• MumblyMumbly Member

@Porlam said: Nope, they need to pay about 7000 jpy to registrar.

Aren't government domains regulated by some government department?

• Never heard of this registrar, I always look at https://tld-list.com/ for cheapest

• @WhiteRoseG said:
    Never heard of this registrar, I always look at https://tld-list.com/ for cheapest

Yeah, i don't know why anyone would end up there either.

• dhmodhmo Member

@WhiteRoseG said:
    Never heard of this registrar, I always look at https://tld-list.com/ for cheapest

tld-list has only limited registrars.
    dont think that website always correct.
    I know many domain registrar offer domains with much cheaper price for first year and not listed on it, and they are famous than some small registrars that listed on tld-list